Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,658 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC (13560 Views)

Names Of Politicians Who May Replace Babachir Lawal As SGF / 15 Politicians Who May Run For President In 2019 / List Of 24 Top Politicians Who Defected To APC After Buhari's Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by pendy79: 12:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
ABEOKUTA- The national Commissioner of Independent National Electoral Commission in charge of Oyo, Ogun and Ekiti states, Prof. Lai Olurode, has said politicians who have either cloned or bought up the Permanent Voter Cards from registered voters will be disappointed during the forthcoming elections.

Olurode said this yesterday, at the INEC headquarters in Abeokuta while briefing journalists on the preparedness of the commission.

The INEC commissioner who allayed the fears of the electorate over the usage of card readers during the coming elections, said the commission introduced the machines with a view to checking counterfeiting and impersonation during the elections.

According to him, we know some people are cloning and mopping up PVCs , we want to assure them that they will be disappointed.

“What we want to do is to screen out illegal cards because a lot of people are cloning, purchasing and selling of the Permanent Voter Cards but it is a waste of time. That is why we need the media presence in this election, the vigilance group. This election requires a lot of human monitoring because it is different from the previous elections, people must be present, parties must educate their people and their agents”, he said .

While speaking on the level of INEC preparedness in the three states, Prof. Olurode claimed that all the materials for the elections had been on ground even before the earlier scheduled date for the Presidential and national assembly elections.

He however, said PVCs collection in Ogun State has witnessed tremendous improvement , saying,it’s collection has hit 59 percent in the state.

Prof. Olurode revealed that currently there are 589, 377 PVCs that are yet to be collected, while a total of 1,053,230 cards have been distributed in the state.

Apologising for the slow pace of distribution of PVC in the state, the national commissioner stated that it was not deliberately caused by the commission.

He, declared that some registered voters may be disenfranchised as he explained that all the outstanding PVCs might not be ready before the elections.

He noted that the Commission is facing challenges with the printing of the cards.

Dismissing the claim of Ogun State government that the remaining uncollected cards were alien cards, Prof. Olurode explained that besides the fact that some owners of the cards had died, he cited the issue of Redeemer’s University which has relocated to Ede, Osun State after the 2011 registration exercise.

He explained that some of the students registered in Ogun State as well as some students of other higher institutions in the state who had graduated.

The national commissioner revealed that the commission randomly called owners of some of the cards only to discover that they had resident in the state while some had died.

Meanwhile, Prof. Olurode declared the technologies being introduced by the commission into the electoral process was meant to reduce if not outright wipe out electoral malpractices with a view to have a free, fair and acceptable elections in the country.

He explained that some categories of people would not be allowed to vote in spite of flaunting a PVC at the polling booth. He listed them as people with fake PVC, people with another person’s original PVC and people who are underaged.

However, the national commissioner explained that there would be three categories of sorting on the election days, saying the ballot box for presidential position which would be in red colour would sorted to see whether any voter had mistakenly dropped the another ballot paper in it.

This would be followed by the black ballot box for the Senate and blue for the House of Representatives.

Thereafter, sorting according to parties would follow and counting and recording of the votes cast.

Nevertheless, Prof. Olurode charged the electorate and parties agents to be vigilant because all the technology transformations were not all-problem-solving.

The commission’s Resident Electoral Commission, Chief Timothy Ibitoye declared that there were no fears in the state regarding the coming elections.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/politicians-that-cloned-bought-pvcs-will-be-disappointed-inec/

5 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by pendy79: 12:24pm On Mar 21, 2015
Let jonaTAN start writing his handover notes. The Ghost Voters in the South South and South East in 2011 will not be allowed to vote this year.

The PDP should allow Nigerians decide their faith/fate

64 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by olawalebiz100: 12:28pm On Mar 21, 2015
We are all wiser now and no one is going to by our votes, we will all vote and ensure it counts.

Buy your Cholesterol free Vegetable Oil and Cements and get it Delivered at your door step at cheaper prices. Contact Olawale 08037249496.

4 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by pendy79: 12:34pm On Mar 21, 2015
don't know how many cards jonaTAN and his million of dollars can buy when the people he even gave money are saving it for the rainy days after his exit in May 29, 2015.

Let the DSS and Marylyn Ogre Ogah after 6months of raiding the APC data centre show us the CLONED PVCs they found there.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by Boland(m): 12:41pm On Mar 21, 2015
Interesting...

1 Like

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by pendy79: 1:04pm On Mar 21, 2015
I have never believed the Nation will rise to the point where the people will truly and freely choose who they want to lead them.

The advent of PVC and Card readers is one of the best thing to happen to our democratic process and the objection and it's rejection by groups loyal.to JONATAN AND PDP is a clear manifestation of the fear the ruling party have to their vote manipulation being put to an end.

The use of CARD READERS AND PVCs have come to stay and next election we will move on to electronic voting.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by pendy79: 4:02pm On Mar 21, 2015
olawalebiz100:
We are all wiser now and no one is going to by our votes, we will all vote and ensure it counts.

Buy your Cholesterol free Vegetable Oil and Cements and get it Delivered at your door step at cheaper prices. Contact Olawale 08037249496.

That will be by you staying back in your polling unit in an orderly manner to ensure your vote count and record any dubious acts going on there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by pendy79: 6:48pm On Mar 21, 2015
Boland:
Interesting...
Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by pendy79: 8:17pm On Mar 21, 2015
pendy79:
Let jonaTAN start writing his handover notes. The Ghost Voters in the South South and South East in 2011 will not be allowed to vote this year.

The PDP should allow Nigerians decide their faith

Lalasticlala I think this post deserves front page.

4 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by steppin: 8:20pm On Mar 21, 2015
Eyaaa! No more rigging for Th!efnubu in Lagos.
Jimi Agbaje don win be that!
GEJ na sure banker! Eze ama na-aga echi!

5 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by Bonapart(m): 8:20pm On Mar 21, 2015
Hoe-kay
Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by Samirana360(m): 8:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
All I knw is dat apc and buhari ar just wastin their tym, energy and money...gej is winning....gej til 2019

3 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by tiamiyukunle69(m): 8:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
I can't wait to see the end of all these grin

1 Like

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by GeneralBosco: 8:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
PDP will be very disappointed on the 28th...all their rigging mechanisms will be totally shut down.

Btw I'm currently listening to a PDP Member attacking Jega on ChannelsTV and claiming JEGA has something up his sleeves with the card readers.

The idi.ot also said it's unfortunate for JEGA to introduce "Electronic Voting" in the country at the "eleventh hour" grin

So many dullards in PDP.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by Johnheir2(m): 8:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
Ok
Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by anonimi: 8:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
APC cloning experts sorry oh embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by Misogynist2014(m): 8:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
PDP must be sweating by now. Patience don't fret, I volunteer to serve you and your husband balanced diet at kirikiri. lipsrsealed

12 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by IYANGBALI: 8:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
Lobatan. PDP ti je gbese

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 21, 2015
APC would be disappointed...
Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by Blackchampion(m): 8:22pm On Mar 21, 2015
Cloned PVC busted, Bought PVC will work 4 dem.

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by missbehave247(m): 8:22pm On Mar 21, 2015
Jega is really working

3 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by Firefire(m): 8:22pm On Mar 21, 2015
[size=18pt]Notice to the party known to cloning PVC.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by Adyrin(m): 8:23pm On Mar 21, 2015
I pray Ooº°

I have a working strategy that will make rigging possible_clean and clear!

Interested parties should contact me!

Haters don't judge me Ooº° :
Its ♍γ̲̣̣ lil way of chopping from national cake! grin

1 Like

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by swagdopey: 8:24pm On Mar 21, 2015
k
Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by ayusco85(m): 8:24pm On Mar 21, 2015
INEC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL.

Date: Saturday, March 28th, 2015
Ticket: PVC
Kick Off Time: 10am prompt
Venue: Estado De Polling Boots
Stadium Capacity: 68m Referree: Prof. Attahiru
Jega
Assist.Referees : Prof. Wole Soyinka &
Abdulsalami
Abubakar
Clubs: FC PDP vs FC APC
Defending Champion: FC PDP
Formation: 5 3 2.
As the defending champions, This is a defending
formation in the bid to defend their title.
LINE UP.
Goodluck Jonathan- TeamCaptain
Ngozi Okonjo Iweala
David Mark Edwin Clark
Ayo Fayose-(Yellow Card)
Godswill Akpabio
Adamu Muazu
Namadi Sambo
Gabriel Suswan Olusegun Mimiko
Patience Jonathan-
Substitutes
Femi Fani-Kayode- (Yellow Card)
Alison Maduekwe
Musiliu Obanikoro Reuben Abati
COACH- Asari Dokubo
FC APC Formation: 4:3:3
FC APC Employs a diamond formation
with attacking
options and prolific striker leading the attack.
LINE UP.
Bola Ahmed Tinubu-TeamCapt ain Rotimi
Amaechi
Raji Fashola
Rochas Okorocha
John Oyegun
Muhammadu Buhari
Abubakar Atiku- On loan from FC PDP Aminu
Tambuwal- On loan from FC PDP
Bisi Akande
Adams Oshiomole-Winge r Yemi Osinbajo-On
loan from FC
Redeemed
Substitutes:
Kayode Fayemi
Abike Dabiri
Rauf Aregbesola Dr. Bukola Saraki
Segun Oni
COACH- Chief Olusegun Obasanjo- ex-FC
PDP
Captain
Match Commissioner: EU Election Monitoring
Observer.
Predict the score correctly and win a trip
to
Wonderland (Sambisa) in Borno State

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by olempe(m): 8:24pm On Mar 21, 2015
This time next week we for don dey know whatsup.

Meanwhile, I read news here http://nigerianscoop.com
Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by Ahmed4002(m): 8:26pm On Mar 21, 2015
where dem ?
Re: Politicians Who Cloned Or Buy PVCs Will be Disappointed - INEC by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 21, 2015
I regret d day I voted buhari!!! Dat'll b my statement wen am purging in my toilet as a result of too much food nd good living from buhari's government!!! I won't even vote on 28 coz I no wan hear say I vote goodluck by mistake, I fit suicide maself, hahahahah!!! Sai baba maigida!! Sai buhari !!! We surely marching for him.

18 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

16 Ebonyi Top Officials Lose Sept Salaries For Lateness / Perfecta Bassey: Akwa Ibom Government Arrested, Holding My Husband For Criticism / Arms Funds: My Hands Are Clean, Says Burutai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.