Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,334 members, 7,836,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Help On Granting A Mysql Database Access Through Remote Connections - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help On Granting A Mysql Database Access Through Remote Connections (725 Views)

How Struggling Bloggers Can Boost Their Traffic Despite Having No Connections / Please How Can I Restore Spc Mysql Database Sent To My Mail? Need Urgent Re / Best Collation Type For Mysql Database(Gurus only!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Granting A Mysql Database Access Through Remote Connections by nnamdiosu(m): 12:44pm On Mar 21, 2015
hi guys. pls I just developed a java GUI software and I need to access a remote database. but as we know by default databases won't allow that except you tell it to grant access. but that's where I'm stuck. pls has any one developed a software that accesses a remote db? pls signify. really appreciate
Re: Help On Granting A Mysql Database Access Through Remote Connections by maekhel(m): 1:18pm On Mar 21, 2015
nnamdiosu:
hi guys. pls I just developed a java GUI software and I need to access a remote database. but as we know by default databases won't allow that except you tell it to grant access. but that's where I'm stuck. pls has any one developed a software that accesses a remote db? pls signify. really appreciate
You shld ask in programming section
Re: Help On Granting A Mysql Database Access Through Remote Connections by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 21, 2015
maekhel:

No he should not.

@OP, first obtain the IP of the Server you wish to connect to and also obtain the IP of the Server you are connecting from. Contact the web host of the server/website you wish to connect to and ask them to add the IP of the server you are connecting from to the MySQL Access Hosts and grant permission.

Once done, simply replace "localhost" with the IP of the Server and connect!

Why are you a web master if you cannot answer his question? Why refer him to programming ?
Re: Help On Granting A Mysql Database Access Through Remote Connections by nnamdiosu(m): 3:12pm On Mar 21, 2015
maekhel:

I know but u see I am a web designer too and I also program with java by Gods grace. I felt some web designers here would still have programming skills too like me. all d same thanks for the advice.
Re: Help On Granting A Mysql Database Access Through Remote Connections by spikesC(m): 6:03am On Mar 22, 2015
Strahovski:

No he should not.

@OP, first obtain the IP of the Server you wish to connect to and also obtain the IP of the Server you are connecting from. Contact the web host of the server/website you wish to connect to and ask them to add the IP of the server you are connecting from to the MySQL Access Hosts and grant permission.

Why are you a web master if you cannot answer his question? Why refer him to programming ?

To add to this, if you're running Cpanel on your server, under Databases, you'll see a link called Remote mysql.

That's where you can do it yourself
Re: Help On Granting A Mysql Database Access Through Remote Connections by nnamdiosu(m): 2:26pm On Mar 22, 2015
Strahovski:

No he should not.

thank u sir...and for coming to my defense. smiley. let me try it. God bless. but pls would I need to a port number of the server I want to connect from. also pls since many other systems would be connecting to the server I need it too be open to all incoming servers. is this possible too? thanks a billion sir
Re: Help On Granting A Mysql Database Access Through Remote Connections by Vinshu(f): 3:05pm On Mar 22, 2015
The Default MySQL Port is 3306 but in most cases, Web Hosting Providers do not open the port via TCP as they do not want external connections to their servers but sometimes its open.. So all you need to do is ask if its open.. But if the servers belong to you, then you can use the iptables module to open the ports

(1) (Reply)

[www.spamstuff.cc ] Sell Rdp, Sell Rdp Admin, Sell Rdp With Ams, Sell Rdp....... / Debt Management Office Website Has Been Hacked / {help}best Wordpress Pop Up Plugin For Email Optin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.