Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

How Can I Enable Remote Connection To My Mysql Db - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Can I Enable Remote Connection To My Mysql Db (720 Views)

Lets Start A Real Web-deveopment Course Here Html+css+javascript+php+mysql / Creating A Group Chat With Html/javascript/php/mysql For Beginners / Android Quiz Application With Json Parser, Php And Mysql Database (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Enable Remote Connection To My Mysql Db by nnamdiosu(m): 3:15pm On Mar 21, 2015
hi guys. pls I just developed a java GUI software
and I need to access a remote database. but as
we know by default databases won't allow that
except you tell it to grant access. but that's
where I'm stuck. pls has any one developed a
software that accesses a remote db? pls signify.
really appreciate
Re: How Can I Enable Remote Connection To My Mysql Db by javadoctor(m): 3:37pm On Mar 21, 2015
U need to add/grant the permission of the host connecting on mysql, also on machine level, u need to allow the ip and port 3306 rules on iptables
Re: How Can I Enable Remote Connection To My Mysql Db by nnamdiosu(m): 4:12pm On Mar 21, 2015
javadoctor:
U need to add/grant the permission of the host connecting on mysql, also on machine level, u need to allow the ip and port 3306 rules on iptables

thank God you r a java doctor cos I sure do need some medication in java. how exactly do I grant the permission? can I do it from panel? also is there a syntax to do it on the mysql console? pls help. thanks bro

also pls note that the GUI would be used on any system world wide so I need it go allow all ips coming.
Re: How Can I Enable Remote Connection To My Mysql Db by javadoctor(m): 6:52pm On Mar 21, 2015
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'user'@'ipadress'

You only need to allow one machine, which is the server side to connect to remote mysql, and manage your threads on server side.
Re: How Can I Enable Remote Connection To My Mysql Db by nnamdiosu(m): 7:14pm On Mar 21, 2015
javadoctor:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'user'@'ipadress'

wow. thanks so much. so the 'IPaddress' is my server address right? where the database resides?
Re: How Can I Enable Remote Connection To My Mysql Db by javadoctor(m): 9:05pm On Mar 21, 2015
nnamdiosu:

wow. thanks so much. so the 'IPaddress' is my server address right? where the database resides?

Your public address or intranet address in the same subnet where request are coming frm

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Android Developer That Specializes In Beautiful Front-end Development / Yoast Meta Box Is Not Working On Wordpress / Let's Build An Agency Website Theme With Materialize CSS 1.0.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.