Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,877 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping (11676 Views)

SOLD! SOLD!!!LAGOS CLEARED TOKS 2007 VW PASSAT 2.0T FOR SALE IN ABUJA, 1.999m / 2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0 Fsi Fully Loaded! Asking 2.8m Now in Naija!!!! SOLD!! / Volkswagen Passat 2.0l Full Option (2008 Model) Available In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by allenvic: 10:50am On Jan 22, 2009
i need a volkswagen bora , anyone!!!!!! can u pls hook me up, registered or tokunbo is fine by mee

pls help
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by coolguyz(m): 12:09pm On Jan 22, 2009
@ crackles

u just spoke my mind. more reason people still get scammed wen rational reasoning is far from their thinking and are sentimental in judgement to view things logically.

N950k, at current xchange rate + shipping? maybe i should get one for dear old great-granny
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by Busybody2(f): 1:51pm On Jan 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

no wonder why some people still get scammed on the regs!
And more people will get bloody scammed if they have or display a mentality such as above
undecided

coolguyz:

@ crackles
u just spoke my mind. more reason people still get scammed wen rational reasoning is far from their thinking and are sentimental in judgement to view things logically.
N950k, at current xchange rate + shipping? maybe i should get one for dear old great-granny

Everyone has a right to his/her own opinion, some people are dying to be offended by anything *rolls eyes* angry angry angry undecided

Siena:

big_bumper, it's not so much the price, but the inconsistency of his monikers and other posts.
Speaks from both sides of his mouth, combine that with his price, and you'll have course to worry!

Siena and bigfather, you are the only ones I would dignify with a response. And Siena, if you read up, I only referenced the price, not the act of the poster.

I will try and keep it as brief and concise as possible. So here goes:

1) Before I made my comment, I noted Autotrader.co.uk had 3 Passats for sale, one was being sold for £1397, whilst the remaining 2 were going for £1795 ono. I made a few enquiries and found that the first one was cheaper due to the fact that its mileage was very very high, the other twos also had mileage in the region of 140,000.

2) I subscribe to a few car magazines and car price guides and I live just two minutes away from Seven Kings Road, 5 minutes away from Rainham High Road and also 5 minutes away from Romford, so I was literarily born and bred in Car Dealers territory/haven grin and the general consensus is that a car with high mileage would sell for considerably less than its counterpart with a moderate mileage. One thing I have noticed with Nigerian dealers is that they don't factor this into account when selling cars, AFAIK, ignorance is bliss on the part of their consumers cool

3) If he bought the first car, he will, after shipping and clearing, make a profit in the region of N200,000 naira. Of course if he was buying that same car at auction, he would pay considerably less for it, hence would have a higher profit margin. One of the reasons I support Inspired_men on this forum is because it has been confirrned, even by his foes, that he sells some of his cars for less than N100,000 profit, heck he has even walked away with a paltry sum of N50,000 naira once.

#to be continued#
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by MrCrackles(m): 1:59pm On Jan 22, 2009
Busy_body
-----------------------------------------------------
Oh yes everyone defo has a right to his/her opinion!
And no one is taking that away from you, trust me!!!

And on your reply to Bigfather and Siena

--------------------------------------------------------
I agree with you that you can pick up a Passat, same model for even less than the amounts you quoted from Autotrader, i mean some private sellers
But we all know the poster is a fraudster so why should anyone encourage people to look at him twice?
It is not about what he posted entirely but the fact that he his dodgy around here, hence the need to warn anyone who might be tempted!
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by Busybody2(f): 2:27pm On Jan 22, 2009
Right, onto my subsequent points;

*We no longer live in an era where it is conducive to run a car to the ground, when you have to factor in the cost of circa £500/annum for insurance, £185/annum for road tax, another £200-£300 for servicing and maintenance, MOT, etc, hence the reason some people are willing to dispose their cars for a supposedly ridiculous amount wink So given the choice of letting your car go for £1,000, would you be willing to hang onto it with the hope that someone would come and offer you £1,500 for it undecided

*Because of the global credit crunch, it is possible  - and I have done this again - to walk into a dealer forecourt and confidently walk off with a purchase for half the price on the windscreen. One can also confidently knock off 30% off Trade prices, just because the Car Dealers would rather dispose of stocks, than sit on it, in this volatile economic climate we are in.

*Cars are equally changing hands at Car Auctions all over the Country, due to this. I was at the BCA Auction in Measham, a couple of months ago, a BMW 630 ci Sport, which cost £64,000 new a year ago, sold for £24,000k; an (05) Jaguar x-type with 30k on the odometer sold for £5,000; 98 and 99 mid-mileage Mercedes A140 models, some with full extras, were changing hands for £800; (04)VW Beetle with 54,000 mileage, were being sold for less than £3k; Ford Mondeos with 60,000 on the clock were going for £1k; etc

*We all know that prices are cheaper in the US, so whats the excuse? If car dealers are getting cars for at least 30% cheaper than they could a year ago because of the credit crunch, why the noise about the high Naija exchange rates undecided Surely, It balances each other out undecided

*I bought a (96) Celica at an auction in the US in the year 2000, it didn't have a scratch on it and the mileage on the clock was in the 60,000's, oh well, maybe the fact that it was white played a part in its low price undecided This is 2009, hom much would that car retail for now, definitely at around the half-price mark, and I am being generous undecided

*So why is it only in Nigeria that prices have to be high, to be seen to be norm undecided Same thing for houseprices, prices are falling globally due to the credit crunch and the fact that they were over-valued in the first place, yet Nigeria's house prices is rocketing upwards undecided Five Bedroom Duplexes in Ikoyi and its environs are changing hands for average of N400,000,000 naira, I would get more square mileage for that amount in desirable places in the UK and US undecided
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by Busybody2(f): 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

Busy_body
-----------------------------------------------------
Oh yes everyone defo has a right to his/her opinion!
And no one is taking that away from you, trust me!!!

And on your reply to Bigfather and Siena

--------------------------------------------------------
I agree with you that you can pick up a Passat, same model for even less than the amounts you quoted from Autotrader, i mean some private sellers
But we all know the poster is a fraudster so why should anyone encourage people to look at him twice?
It is not about what he posted entirely but the fact that he his dodgy around here, hence the need to warn anyone who might be tempted!

BRASH YOU CAN READ, YOU DO NOT STRIKE ME AS SOMEONE WITH A PROBLEM WITH ENGLISH COMPREHENSION AND LEXICAL USE OF ENGLISH, WHAT I SAID IS STILL UP THERE, I DID NOT SAY I CONDONED THE POSTERS ACTION, I STARTED AND ENDED MY COMMENT AROUND THE PRICE AND THE PRICE ALONE.

TO THINK I WAS PLEADING WITH THE GOOD NATURE OF BUSYBEIN NOT TO DUMP YOUR SORRY ARSE BECAUSE OF YOUR DINKY COCKTAIL SAUSAGE angry ANYWAY I DID NOT TELL HER YOUR SECRET, THAT YOU WENT BACK HOME TO PROCURE SOME LOCALLY BREWED BURANTASHI TO HELP YOU LAST LONGER THAN A MINUTE IN BED grin

I FEEL IT IS HIGH TIME WE START SPEAKING OUT, I CANNOT AFFORD TO LIVE IN NIGERIA AT PRESENT, DUE TO THE FACT THAT EVERYTHING IS TOO BLOODY EXPENSIVE AND DUE TO THE FALLING RATES OF THE POUND AND THAT I CAN'T SEE MYSELF STILL LIVING AT HOME UNDER MY PARENTS embarassed

Sorry, I was shouting earlier, but you made me do it, questioning my intelligence and whatnot angry angry angry

You have just come back from Naija, can you sincerely put your hands up and say that the exhorbitant prices of things are justified considering the fact that majority of these people are barely paid enough undecided

A packet of pampers/diapers/disposable nappies that would barely last me 3 days cost me N6,500 naira, I would buy 6 of that over here with some change left over to afford to buy a palatial lunch for you at Mr Biggs wink Hopefully you get my drift, otherwise I give up wink
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by Busybody2(f): 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

I agree with you that you can pick up a Passat, same model for even less than the amounts you quoted from Autotrader, i mean some private sellers . . .

Phew, I am glad we agree on one thing, and hope that you know that such cars would even be cheaper at trade prices and part-exchange prices, compared to buying from private sellers wink

As for the poster, I am not blind to the fact that Siena has adequately exposed his yansh, hence the reason I did not feel the need to join in the bandwagon of those deriving pleasure from kicking him whilst he's already been run to the ground by Siena grin

If kicking people who are already down and calling for them to be hung, quartered and drawn, and burnt at the stake, is your thing, who am I to knock it, each to their own wink
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by lillucky(m): 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2009
one day i was in my house when our ealse president, president lushagu obasanjo called me for outing
one day i was in my house when our ealse president, president lushagu obasanjo called me for outing
so sir were are we going? i ask with a big smile
to visitation he replied, visitation?pls sir who are we visiting?
obasanjo:my brothers of curse.
which of them sir? i asked
abasanjo i want to take you by supprise.
immediaely a came and carried me were by obasanjo was inside
we got to a point and we stoped then we entered into an unknown place
but sir we are ina zoo but u said is your brothers place were are we going
obasanjoreplied:watch and see
along the line we first of all visited the lions : immediately the lions saw mr else president they nearely jumped of the gate but thank God for the protectors we immediately ran out of that place we went to see the pigs, the same thing happend and i was just like woundering why animals should not be happy about afine boy like me coming to visit them with mr else president .
we finally went to visit the monkeys immediately the monkeys saw mr else president they became very very very evry happy and mr else president was also exited then i interfered :
sir please can you tell me what is going on? why the monkeys should be happy on us why other nanimals ary eager to kill us ahh, beani, ejour
as mr shouted you mean you dont rejoice when you see your br
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2009
undecided ^^^^ ?
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by megastu(m): 12:47pm On Jan 23, 2009
@Busy Body,

(A packet of pampers/diapers/disposable nappies that would barely last me 3 days cost me N6,500 naira, I would buy 6 of that over here with some change left over to afford to buy a palatial lunch for you at Mr Biggs Wink Hopefully you get my drift, otherwise I give up)

Do you still use pampers? shocked
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by sultaan(m): 1:46pm On Jan 23, 2009
That was for her baby; I think.

They have money in Naija because they don't have to work for it.
When oil price reaches >$30 for 6 months then everything will level out.

Busy_body, you should know Siena & Co. are trying to keep this forum straight and everything real. What is wrong with a mob little action.If you are a Nigerian in the west who has to live with the tarnished/battered image, it relieves you to get in there and throw one kick/slap/punch for the record(I detest what those fraudsters do)
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by anataala: 11:22am On Jan 24, 2009
professional 419 service is ur name, useless
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by lucidang(m): 11:56am On Jan 24, 2009
Never forget the golden rule, if it is too good to be true, then there's somethg wrong with it, this is a simple scam pulled by an inexperienced person, may God help us overcome the more technical ones,
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by havilahade: 4:36pm On Jan 24, 2009
ey!has anyone noticed.HE'S MISSING!
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by Jesarmy(f): 12:32am On Jan 25, 2009
"We all know that prices are cheaper in the US, so whats the excuse? If car dealers are getting cars for at least 30% cheaper than they could a year ago because of the credit crunch, why the noise about the high Naija exchange rates  Surely, It balances each other out"  

While I agree with the poster that car prices have plumeted I beg to differ on the opinion that cars are now 30% cheaper in the U.S,fact of the matter car prices have only gone down about 12% between September of 08 and Dec of 08, wholesale prices of used cars are monitored on a monthly basis in the U.S and statistical analysis are conducted and results are made available  to dealership to guide in making business decisions.
I have included the web address below where you can view the  movement of car prices from month to month using 1995 as the base year up to Dec of 2008.
When one gives an information that is statistically related,the sample size where the data is drawn from is very crucial otherwise one might come to a wrong conclusion.   
http://www.manheimconsulting.com/Used_Vehicle_Value_Index/Current_Monthly_Index.html
Manheim car price index base its data on actual car sales at all auctions in the U.S( about 5 million cars sales per year) which gives a reliable and unbiassed picture of what is happening in the market.
A quick comparative analysis between used car falling prices and the naira devaluation from Sept,08 to Dec of 08-:
Using Jan 1995 as the base year, as of Sept of 08 used car index was 110.8% and fell to 98% in Dec of 08(see table below or visit website) representing a 12.8% fall in car prices meaning that  if you bought a car for 1000usd in Sep,you would be paying about 872usd for the same car in Dec this would have been good for the auto industry in Nigeria if the price of the Naira has stabilised at $1 to 120ngn  but unfortunately the naira has plumeted badly to a rate of $1 to 170ngn such that a car that was 120,000ngn(1000usd x 120) in Sep  now costs 148,240ngn (872usd x 170).

From the analysis above the value of the naira fell about 42% between Sep,08 and now while car prices only fell about 13%,the maximum to which it can compensate for the naira devaluation.As we can see we are still left with a whooping 29% differential in percentage price falls .
One can conclude with statistical evidence that the price of vehicles is expected to go up by at least 29% in the Nigeria auto industry unless the naira appreciates significantly to cover up the differential.
I hope this information would be useful to both auto dealers and consumers in making their investment decisions.
Jesarmy

Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by Nobody: 1:25am On Jan 25, 2009
^^^ Jes, I'd say you do know your stuff!

DeltaVAGTM
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by codesyl1: 10:02am On Jan 25, 2009
U ship cars from the US and Ur Mobile number isn't US! Guy ship Ur cars down to Nigeria and at the price N950,000 i bet u 1'll pay u cash.
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by Busybody2(f): 6:10pm On Jan 25, 2009
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

The freethinking of one age is the common sense of the next undecided
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by Busybody2(f): 7:10pm On Jan 25, 2009
Jesarmy:

. . . I have included the web address below where you can view the  movement of car prices from month to month using 1995 as the base year up to Dec of 2008.
When one gives an information that is statistically related,the sample size where the data is drawn from is very crucial otherwise one might come to a wrong conclusion.   
http://www.manheimconsulting.com/Used_Vehicle_Value_Index/Current_Monthly_Index.html
Manheim car price index base its data on actual car sales at all auctions in the U.S( about 5 million cars sales per year) which gives a reliable and unbiassed picture of what is happening in the market. . .

I will try to keep this as brief as possible. God help me cool

BCA is Europe's largest vehicle remarketing company, with a network of 23 UK centres and 14 auction operations in nine mainland European countries. With a highly developed programme of sales featuring the widest range of vehicles, BCA offers practical, efficient and innovative remarketing solutions for the motor industry.
As the clear market leader across Europe, BCA handles in excess of 1.3 million vehicles annually, generating a £2.8 billion turnover. Customers include fleet operators, manufacturers, finance and leasing companies, rental companies, national authorities and every sector of the retail and wholesale motor industry. 

ADESA, Inc (NYSE: KAR) is North America’s largest publicly traded provider of wholesale vehicle auctions and also a provider of automotive remarketing services

Manheim was established as a wholesale vehicle auction operation and is the world’s largest provider of automotive remarketing services

Adesa Inc and Manheim also goes one step further than BCA by providing, for a fee of course analytical services that segregates transactions using the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Segmentation Guide to study trends by model class. They both provide the same macro and micro economic indicators and custom analysis of wholesale price trends for remarketing clients, subject to certain risks, trends and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected, expressed or implied  . . . SO THE BOTTOMLINE IS THAT THEY ARE TRUSTED BUSINESS ADVISORS, well thats what Adesa says they are undecided

As for the input that they are not biased, I beg to differ, [b]Manheim Auction has vested interest and products to sell, the manuals/guide they produce retail for average of $500 each. Who would buy these manuals, talkless of cars from them, if they start voicing the truth that car prices have drastically fallen and there is hardly any profit to be made i.e. auto business is no longer lucrative or profitable? undecided[/b]

Whilst Manheim on one hand seem to think the sun shines from their arse and that heck there comparison model is better than the government's "Consumer Price Index”, Adesa Inc, that offers the same service on the other hand, has the humility and integrity and good taste to put a disclaimer out that - The views and analysis provided herein relate to the vehicle remarketing industry as a whole and may not relate directly to KAR Holdings, Inc.(Formerly ODESA) The views and analysis are provided for general information only and their accuracy is not warranted. The statements contained in this report and statements that the company may make orally in connection with this report that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements. Actual results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements.

The United States business law requires these companies to have this disclaimer in place, so why don't Manheim auctions have one - Under U.S. law, section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, businesses must comply to standards of communication that limit risk factors. OH WELL, MANHEIM COULD BE HIDING UNDER The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 which provides a "safe harbor" for certain forward-looking statements undecided

Jesarmy, I like your passion, and would hate to discourage you, so perchance you venture into an auto dealer’s forecourt and they are willing to knock off even just 20% off the price on the windscreen, be my guest and feel free to tell them Manheim, an automotive remarketers- aka purveyor of wholesale car auction- said they should only knock off 11% off the current price, the world could do with more gulliblehonest people like you cheesy 
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by Busybody2(f): 7:24pm On Jan 25, 2009
megastu:

@Busy Body,
Do you still use pampers? shocked

If I catch you ehn

How's your wifey by the way, have they sorted her out? Remember we spoke a while ago about your details wink
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by Busybody2(f): 8:07pm On Jan 25, 2009
@ Sultaan

It was on the tips of my tongue to thank you for correcting Megastu kiss until I saw your "I think" statement angry angry angry cheesy

Whilst I appreciate the mob action, the poster is still innocent until proven otherwise cool

Examining the case at hand, you lot will not have a leg to stand in court embarassed

Because okay I am just joking now;

1) The general consensus on this thread is that the picture he posted was not that of the actual car, it this is true, he still has not committed any crime because it is not a crime yet, to use "library pictures" to advertise cars for sale. It is optional to put pictures up, and the onus is on the buyer to make proper checks before parting with their hard-earned cash wink

2) He was offering a pre-order service, and he would not be the first to do so on this forum grin

3) It has been proven that it is possible to get that car for that price, but then he cannot get a market in Nigeria due to scepticism and the Naija mentality, that if it is not eye-wateringly expensive, it is a lemon cheesy

4) What is wrong with a Travel Agent/Consultant diversifying and expanding into Auto business undecided Na only one road reach market? tongue

Like I mentioned earlier, I am joking with this particular post, he is a scammer and is not wanted here and would not be made to feel welcome. But come oh, why is no one going after the tail of that Pastor/Madam shocked Is it a Naija thing too to respect a man of God no matter his wrongdoing, and follow the "touch not my annointed" instruction to the letter cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by Jesarmy(f): 10:17pm On Jan 25, 2009
"the world could do with more gulliblehonest people like you"
@Busy_body,

Thanks for the name calling even though I do not think I have done anything to warant that from you.You claim that car prices have fallen 30%,could you pls. provide a statistically significant data to support that claim and what your sample size is to make that generalization.For the sake of analysis even the 30% drop in car prices you claim would not compensate for a 42% decline in the Naira value,we would still be left with a 12% deficit that would still drive car prices up in Nigeria.
All I have tried to do is to provide an objective analysis of the issue at hand and I am not interested in any form of character assasination,and I would sincerely appreciate it, if we could keep it that simple.
Thank you.
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by Busybody2(f): 2:52am On Jan 26, 2009
Jesarmy:

@Busy_body,
Thanks for the name calling even though I do not think I have done anything to warant that from you. . .
. . . All I have tried to do is to provide an objective analysis of the issue at hand and I am not interested in any form of character assasination,and I would sincerely appreciate it, if we could keep it that simple.
Thank you.

Oh please, get over yourself already, the word gullible was crossed out, the whole paragraph was tongue-in-cheek and the paragraph ended with a cheeky smilie, so enough of the false allegation and character defamation, emotional blackmail don't work with me undecided

Jesarmy:

You claim that car prices have fallen 30%,could you pls. provide a statistically significant data to support that claim and what your sample size is to make that generalization.

I don't dabble in statistical analysis which can be skewed by random variables, probabilities, assumptions, estimation, etc and is like, I already mentioned in previous posts, subject to certain risks, trends and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected, expressed or implied. I believe the taste of the pudding is in the eating smiley

Jesarmy:

For the sake of analysis even the 30% drop in car prices you claim would not compensate for a 42% decline in the Naira value,we would still be left with a 12% deficit that would still drive car prices up in Nigeria.

Care to explain where you got your 42% from too? Because going by what you wrote, that the dollar was $1 ~ N120, but peaked at $1 ~ N170, then Naira only fell by 29.41% rounded up to the nearest 2 d.p.
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by Jesarmy(f): 3:54am On Jan 26, 2009
% change in price: [(final price - original price)/original price ]100
                                     [(170 - 120)/120]100
                                      [(50/120)100]
                                       [.4166]100=41.67 approximately 42% to the nearest whole number. cheesy
A quick way to check one's calculation for accuracy is this: We all know that half i.e 50% of 120 is 60 which tell us that the naira would have plunged 50% if it goes up to 180,(180-120=60)but since it only plunged to 170 an accurate estimate should not be too far away from 50% naturally.
@busy_body,
No harm meant and pls.have a blessed and wonderful day. smiley smiley Shalom!
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by Jafour: 7:30am On Jan 26, 2009
@Busy_body

I will implore you not to go into the intricacies of car dealership. Please allow people who choose to wallow in ignorance to do so. I know you are on an enlightenment campaign  to prove that it is possible to sell the car at the price quoted by the poster but you have revealed so much that I am no longer comfortable as a dealer. Busy-body, your grasp and knowledge of car dealership makes me wonder why you are not a car dealer. Please I will appreciate it if you tell people only what they need to know and not all.  Every trade/profession has its secrets. Even if you want to prove your points, I enjoin you to limit your scope of explanations.  Please stop telling the consumers that they can get car cheaper at the auctions, the many reasons why a dealer will sell at a lower price, high mileage means lower price at the auctions etc all these are truism that no genuine dealer will dispute but you are not helping if everyone knows A-Z of car dealership. Most of my customers got their cars cheaper than the average price on nairaland but that does not mean I will come on the forum to derail a thread. The best I can do is to reply to any poster who ask  for a cheaper price that is possible to contact me and allow others who think that cheaper cars are lemon to wonder afterall you always say ignorance is a bliss.

Please, biko, ejo leave Manheim and ADESA (those are the auctions I got my cars from) out of the picture.

Jesarmy:

"We all know that prices are cheaper in the US, so whats the excuse? If car dealers are getting cars for at least 30% cheaper than they could a year ago because of the credit crunch, why the noise about the high Naija exchange rates  Surely, It balances each other out"  

I disagree with you like Jesarmy that your 30% is a bit on the high side. The fact is, it is only new cars  you can get cheaper with your figure and not used cars. Even some American cars were advertised as BOGOF (Buy one get one free).  The noise about the high Naija exchange rates is that when you are repatriating the fund, the exchange rate will have eroded your profit and it does not balance.
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by Seun(m): 7:36am On Jan 26, 2009
We are here to share information. Please don't discourage that.
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by duro: 9:03am On Jan 26, 2009
House,beware of 419ners o.Dem don com again o.Can u imagin Nixonblast could not reply any of these questions posted to him.Na wa for nija
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by SisiJinx: 12:44pm On Jan 26, 2009
Jafour:

@Busy_body

I will implore you not to go into the intricacies of car dealership. Please allow people who choose to wallow in ignorance to do so. I know you are on an enlightenment campaign  to prove that it is possible to sell the car at the price quoted by the poster but you have revealed so much that I am no longer comfortable as a dealer. Busy-body, your grasp and knowledge of car dealership makes me wonder why you are not a car dealer. Please I will appreciate it if you tell people only what they need to know and not all.  Every trade/profession has its secrets. Even if you want to prove your points, I enjoin you to limit your scope of explanations.  Please stop telling the consumers that they can get car cheaper at the auctions, the many reasons why a dealer will sell at a lower price, high mileage means lower price at the auctions etc all these are truism that no genuine dealer will dispute but you are not helping if everyone knows A-Z of car dealership. Most of my customers got their cars cheaper than the average price on nairaland but that does not mean I will come on the forum to derail a thread. The best I can do is to reply to any poster who ask  for a cheaper price that is possible to contact me and allow others who think that cheaper cars are lemon to wonder afterall you always say ignorance is a bliss.

Please, biko, ejo leave Manheim and ADESA (those are the auctions I got my cars from) out of the picture.

I disagree with you like Jesarmy that your 30% is a bit on the high side. The fact is, it is only new cars  you can get cheaper with your figure and not used cars. Even some American cars were advertised as BOGOF (Buy one get one free).  The noise about the high Naija exchange rates is that when you are repatriating the fund, the exchange rate will have eroded your profit and it does not balance.

This is Tongue in Cheek. . . . yeah??
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by Busybody2(f): 5:59pm On Jan 26, 2009
Jafour:

@Busy_body
I will implore you not to go into the intricacies of car dealership . . .

The last time I tried to prove a point by limiting my scope of explanation, I was told that a Primary school kid presented better logic than me cry And did you see that shit-stirring agbaya's unwarranted indirect comment embarassed

But out of reverence to you, and out of respect to the other dealers, because you guys have not allowed yourself to become a slave to your environment, and wallow in self-pity, and are helping creating jobs in the process, I will keep schtum henceforth lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Jafour:

Shey you have heard Jesarmy, we have to go back to the drawing board, we are not allowed to talk about Manheim and Adesa grin grin grin so you have to provide another cogent statistical analysis to back up your 12% drop tongue 

Jafour:

How can I tackle this without revealing some further uncomfortable home-truths undecided How about we let this question die a natural death wink I am still right about the 30% though tongue tongue tongue Sowwy couldn't resist grin grin grin
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by Busybody2(f): 6:21pm On Jan 26, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

This is Tongue in Cheek. . . . yeah??

[s]No, it is foot in mouth, but don't say I told you grin grin grin lipsrsealed[/s]

I THINK WE ALL AGREE IT IS, NOW wink grin

SHUSH SISI JINX, MATHS LESSON IN PROGRESS, DO NOT DISTURB angry angry angry cheesy

Jesarmy:

% change in price: [(final price - original price)/original price ]100
                                     [(170 - 120)/120]100
                                      [(50/120)100]
                                       [.4166]100=41.67 approximately 42% to the nearest whole number. cheesy
A quick way to check one's calculation for accuracy is this: We all know that half i.e 50% of 120 is 60 which tell us that the naira would have plunged 50% if it goes up to 180,(180-120=60)but since it only plunged to 170 an accurate estimate should not be too far away from 50% naturally.
@busy_body,
No harm meant and pls.have a blessed and wonderful day. smiley smiley Shalom!

So if;

N180 represents a 50% drop
N170 represents a 42% drop
N240 represents ? ? ?
N300 represents ? ? ?

Am I right to assume this represents a 75% and 100% drop, respectively, in the value of Naira embarassed I am so brilliant grin My hubby Debosky would be so proud of me, told him he will not regret marrying me for my brain and I bet Heatfusion, my sister-from-another-mother is chuffed to bits too that the money she spent for my 14 years in high school was well worth it cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by sultaan(m): 1:25am On Jan 27, 2009
@Busy body

Are you sure you are a woman, you seem to know way mothan most women wan t to know about cars.
I guess you've never paid a mechanic to fix your car's flux capacitor.
Re: 2004 Vw Passat 2.0 N950,000 Including Shipping by Emperoh(m): 7:41am On Jan 27, 2009
Jeez!!!!
See argument??
Well, Busy Bee, you had better disclose more cos i am already reserching on the links you provide

Jafour:

@Busy_body

I will implore you not to go into the intricacies of car dealership. Please allow people who choose to wallow in ignorance to do so. I know you are on an enlightenment campaign to prove that it is possible to sell the car at the price quoted by the poster but you have revealed so much that I am no longer comfortable as a dealer. Busy-body, your grasp and knowledge of car dealership makes me wonder why you are not a car dealer. Please I will appreciate it if you tell people only what they need to know and not all. Every trade/profession has its secrets. Even if you want to prove your points, I enjoin you to limit your scope of explanations. Please stop telling the consumers that they can get car cheaper at the auctions, the many reasons why a dealer will sell at a lower price, high mileage means lower price at the auctions etc all these are truism that no genuine dealer will dispute but you are not helping if everyone knows A-Z of car dealership. Most of my customers got their cars cheaper than the average price on nairaland but that does not mean I will come on the forum to derail a thread. The best I can do is to reply to any poster who ask for a cheaper price that is possible to contact me and allow others who think that cheaper cars are lemon to wonder afterall you always say ignorance is a bliss.

I disagree with you like Jesarmy that your 30% is a bit on the high side. The fact is, it is only new cars you can get cheaper with your figure and not used cars. Even some American cars were advertised as BOGOF (Buy one get one free). The noise about the high Naija exchange rates is that when you are repatriating the fund, the exchange rate will have eroded your profit and it does not balance.

Sorry jafour, its too late.
She has squealed the very essential.

Good bragging, love it all

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Copart Endorses Autogeria As Its Marketmaker In Nigeria, Read Up! / +2348097048807 Foreign Used 2016 Mercedes-Benz S550 4matic / **PRE~ORDER ( CLEAN TITLE DIV) STRAIGHT FROM USA *** 45 DAYS MAX ***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.