Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,889 members, 7,956,351 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:28 AM

Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS (16681 Views)

Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities / Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' / Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan (Reuters) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by shift15(m): 4:20pm On Mar 22, 2015
egift:

On resource control: Buhari have consistently said the more Federal Powers in Abuja should be seeded to States (Jonathan have never said it, not even passively). Buhari is a big proponent of having Federal, State and Community Police with varying degree of Jurisdictions. The Penal Code and Police Act will be streamlined to accommodate such restructuring. (It is not in Jonathan's purview). Buhari has consistently stated that ND region needs clean-up and we should refine locally to satisfy local consumption of petroleum products. He promised his administration will build 4 new refineries and revamp the existing ones.

On Self Determination: While every human has the right to do whatever he likes, it does not change the fact that it is a treasonable offense in Nigeria to try splitting this nation. Today in Enugu, under Jonathan, some members of Biafra Zionist Group are detained and on trial. During the civil war, over 2million Ndigbo died (I also lost a sister in that war). So instead of beating up your rusty chest and threatening to sink Nigeria, how about we spend that energy empowering Nigerians, proving good governance and build a peaceful society?

While this election should have been a time to Nigeria to ask the candidates to outline and explain their plans moving forward, Jonathan and his PDP believe the best thing is to attack the person of Buhari. Spend billions smearing his name. Emptying the content of his Military records. Demonizing him, redefining him and misrepresenting the truth about his person.

Am glad APC has maintained and issue-based campaign, while the Jonathan has executed the worst hate campaign in the history of Nigeria against a poltical opponent.

Nigerians cannot reward such. We refuse to be an appendage of Failure, just so that Jim Agbaje and co will not ask their boys to sabotage Nigeria's Economy. #TeamChange.

Your explanation on resource control is wrong. Resource Control is not the same as restructuring of our Federalism.
What you spoke about is restructure of Federalism.
However, even at that, Buhari has never at any time make commitment to what you wrote. And APC has never speak about convening Sovereign National Conference so don't misinform people. Stick to what you hear from Buhari and not some concocted opinion.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Reference(m): 4:22pm On Mar 22, 2015
Lucasbalo:
You are spot on. The main problem Nigeria is facing is all this tribal nonsense . All this people supporting GEJ forgets poverty doesn't discriminate on tribal sentiment . Time for a change before Nigeria sinks into irredeemable level.

Tribal problem did not start with Jonathan, the Ijaws or the PDP and will not end with his re-election or otherwise. Nothing I have seen in that report that cannot be attributed to any contestant or any ither region.except the person is just being mischievious.

The problem of Nigeria is a disproportionate balance of power. The rights of some to have power in perpetuity and the fate of others to be in constant subservience. Nigeria cannot work that way. Let the Ijaws enjoy what others have enjoyed since independence, period. When everyone has had his fill then you can start your good governance rubbish.

They only make noise when power is out of their hands. When they regain it they start making excuses why good gobernance cannot work. Nonsense. Are we kids. We have seen enough governments to know what Nigeria is all about.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Machiny: 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2015
pendy79:

Never knew Buhari spent 6years as president not 20months, never knew all a government need to prove as developing a state is to name a university, last I check the Yar-Adua university which is state owned is not in Abuja.

A Government which earned the most in Oil receipts in 5years what the Country earned in 50years yet NOTHING commensurate in terms of INFRACSTRUTURE but gullible and unpatriotic citizens like you driven by ethnic bigotry thinks a MAN who could not deliver when Crude was averaging $100/barrel will now do magic when oil is selling lower than $50 today with no hope of rising again

Do you in your heart of heart like the NIGERIA you live in today?

I live in a society where most revenue comes from Tax receipts, Tourism and Exportation of goods and services. They have no crude yet the country and government work for its people.

How can any reasonable NIGERIAN support this lootocratic government? Do you watch Al-Jazeera with Lai Mohammed and Mike Omeri today? Pls use your senses man, those in power today don't care about you.
seems you forget that every penny sold from crude is Shared round the states?....so have asked the state govs wht they have used the money for?because you just hear that Nigeria sold a certain barrel of oil.the federal govt keeps it.its Shared among the states...even when finance minister was warning for rainy days.so the excess crude account will be saved.gov ameachi lead the state govs to opose her.that the money shld be shared.

2 Likes

Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Lucasbalo(m): 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2015
Reference:

Tribal problem did not start with Jonathan, the Ijaws or the PDP and will not end with his re-election or otherwise. Nothing I have seen in that report that cannot be attributed to any contestant or any ither region.except the person is just being mischievious.

The problem of Nigeria is a disproportionate balance of power. The rights of some to have power in perpetuity and the fate of others to be in constant subservience. Nigeria cannot work that way. Let the Ijaws enjoy what others have enjoyed since independence, period. When everyone has had his fill then you can start your good governance rubbish.

They only make noise when power is out of their hands. When they regain it they start making excuses why good gobernance cannot work. Nonsense. Are we kids. We have seen enough governments to know what Nigeria is all about.
Yes it's true tribal tripe doesn't start with GEJ but that doesn't mean it should continue . Who can be happy with the way Nigeria is being run. A country that is becoming a laughing stock in the western world. A country where meritocracy is shunned for nepotism and corruption . A country that the young populace is going through 70% unemployment and where the infrastructure is a mess. A country of 170 million people still rationing 3000 megawatts of electricity. A country where the elites will fly abroad for medical treatments leaving millions of her citizens to die of treatable diseases. A country shunning out hundreds of thousands of polythecnics and universities graduates every year without prospects for gainful employment . A country where corruption and nepotism is the order of the day. A country where an average citizen lives on less than $2 a day according to United Nation. I can go on but the moral of the story is that I don't care where the president comes from as long as the country moves forward. Your GEJ couldn't be elected an Alderman (Council man ) in Chicago where I reside. Why would Nigeria accepts mediocrity ?. Nigeria deserves better than this set of clueless and ineptly corrupt kleptomaniacs . God help Nigeria and Nigerians because they deserve better than this present leadership .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Onasa22: 4:33pm On Mar 22, 2015
[quote author=OrlandoOwoh post=31874457]
Jonathan has been President since 2010, how many years should it take for the road to be constructed?[/quote

The East West Road project is near completion and considering the terrain, the Contractors have tried
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Reference(m): 4:34pm On Mar 22, 2015
quixotic:
a government which celebrates criminality and rewards violence.thereby destroying the very essence of our culture. We are growing up in a niger delta where the goverment clearly tells us that violence is more rewarding than honesty and education. We see them in town with their siblings, the Asari, the Ayiris. The tompolos, the ateke toms, the boyloafs, the egberi papas.etc. even their lieutenants were given overseas contracts.while i served nigeria faithfully for 1year @20k a month.and stil have to look 4 jobs while saving to further. That is what jonathan has reduced nigeria to. Evil pays better than good,that is the generation jonathan seeks to nuture, but God forbid and we will CHANGE that.

It is what Nigeria through decades of squandered opportunity has caused not Jonathan. Even when the match wood was smoking and there was peaceful agitation was it Jonathan that hung Saro Wiwa and by so doing snuff out the last hope of dialogue. My man read your history very well and study how nations are formed.

For historical, collective failures Nigeria is just cashing in the cheque. If you think that a change of President or Government without a fundamental change in the State of the Union then five years down the line your cries will even be louder. It is where you are going that matters not the means of transport.
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 22, 2015
I was in the bus one day where group of adults were arguing and an elderly man said somthing that annoyed me greatly.
He said GEJ stayed 6yrs in office serving the north and honestly what they said is the truth.

He maintained all the federal road in the North while the federal roads in the SW and SE are still ongoing.

I was in Niger state last year, majority of the buses and keke had sure-p written on them. I have never seen a sure p keke or bus anywhere in the east.

More federal schools are situated in the north than anywhere in the south infact I have to say that GEJ has been a slave tothe Gambari but what did he get in return? Why are they bent on removing the only man that has truly worked for them? Look clearly and you will see.

As for the yorubas remove Osibanjo and see them queuing massively behind GEJ. The truth is majority will vote for " Own".
Put an Igbo man as deputy to Buhari and watch how a yoruba man will believe truly that Buhari is too old.

2 Likes

Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Tibins(m): 4:42pm On Mar 22, 2015
Caseless:
Not coming from the same tribe alone. Even if jonathan is my uncle, I wont vote that thief.

SURE YOU DON'T HAVE AN UNCLE!
JONATHAN REMAINS THE BEST. ALL THE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST HIM WHICH ONE WAS INVESTIGATED TO BE TRUE?
DON'T GET DECEIVED, GEJ IS BETTER.

1 Like

Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Reference(m): 4:45pm On Mar 22, 2015
Machiny:
seems you forget that every penny sold from crude is Shared round the states?....so have asked the state govs wht they have used the money for?because you just hear that Nigeria sold a certain barrel of oil.the federal govt keeps it.its Shared among the states...even when finance minister was warning for rainy days.so the excess crude account will be saved.gov ameachi lead the state govs to opose her.that the money shld be shared.

Don't mind all these simplistic comparisons. Are tax receipts, tourism receipts and exports he states not a form of self determination. Are they not a product of local competencies and a mark of power devolution. Was Nigeria not that way before big oil. Is Jonathan the cause of the burden of Nigeria shifting to one axle alone. What was their response to the National Confab. What was their response to the PIB. Abegi make I hear word. Let me see the President that will wean us of oil and onto self determination through taxation and last more than one term in office. The chap doesn't know this country.
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by 400billionman: 4:45pm On Mar 22, 2015
igben:
gej all the way....

This picture looks real.

Hope its not photoshop ?
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by eROCK247(m): 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2015
cjrane:
[size=18pt]Why did Britain force such irreconcilable peoples together in one country??[/size] cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
The greater puzzle is: what stops the irreconcilable peoples from going their separate ways
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by egift(m): 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2015
shift15:
Your explanation on resource control is wrong. Resource Control is not the same as restructuring of our Federalism.
What you spoke about is restructure of Federalism.
However, even at that, Buhari has never at any time make commitment to what you wrote. And APC has never speak about convening Sovereign National Conference so don't misinform people. Stick to what you hear from Buhari and not some concocted opinion.

What is True Federalism if it does not include Economical and Power restructuring? Anyway the National Assembly will have a handful.

Sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by 400billionman: 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2015
egift:
There many reasons why Buhari will lead a Nigeria with a very peaceful Niger Delta, but here are few:
1. Buhari has good intentions for the region and they too will be watch him closely on how he makes decisions that affect them.
2. Buhari is a man of action and not into jesting. If he says AAA, go to the end of the world, it will remain AAA.
3. People of the region are integral part of Buhari's administration. Every State in the region is well represented in APC inner circles.
4. The trouble makers and their foot-lets are well known.
5. Finally, the Niger Delta region have 2 simple choice - To become a war zone OR the Developmental Hub of Nigeria.

But one thing I must make clear, Nigerians will not remain an appendage of Failure just for fear we may hurt the ego and greed of Jonathan and his wife. The region needs to be developed and empowered, that is what Buhari is offering.

God bless Nigeria.

Buhari spokesman.

By this time next week, everyone will hear word..
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Reference(m): 4:56pm On Mar 22, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Yes it's true tribal tripe doesn't start with GEJ but that doesn't mean it should continue . Who can be happy with the way Nigeria is being run. A country that is becoming a laughing stock in the western world. A country where meritocracy is shunned for nepotism and corruption . A country that the young populace is going through 70% unemployment and where the infrastructure is a mess. A country of 170 million people still rationing 3000 megawatts of electricity. A country where the elites will fly abroad for medical treatments leaving millions of her citizens to die of treatable diseases. A country shunning out hundreds of thousands of polythecnics and universities graduates every year without prospects for gainful employment . A country where corruption and nepotism is the order of the day. A country where an average citizen lives on less than $2 a day according to United Nation. I can go on but the moral of the story is that I don't care where the president comes from as long as the country moves forward. Your GEJ couldn't be elected an Alderman (Council man ) in Chicago where I reside. Why would Nigeria accepts mediocrity ?. Nigeria deserves better than this set of clueless and ineptly corrupt kleptomaniacs . God help Nigeria and Nigerians because they deserve better than this present leadership .

Quote statistic all you like. Take anti-malaria drugs all you like. As long as you continue sleeping in the midst of bugs, sickness will always be by your side. The farmland to grow those beautiful fruits you imagine Nigeria to become is just not there. Every good farmer starts with the land not the crops. Nigeria is not a fertile land to cultivate lofty ideals as at today. The Nigerian hot-rod needs wheel balancing not necessarily a new driver. But if we wish we can try a new one.

1 Like

Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by yagbaboy1(m): 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
Sweetguy25:

If it wasn't for Jona, it would have been 9000 a month. Mumu
To say u are a fool will be an insult to foolish people. U sound like child whose mum left him on the streets and was picked up by a mad man on the streets and left at the gate of a conductor. I know u had. No shoes, but I thank God baba suileman gave you hid phone to use for the day. Ediot, bastard child of an Ashawo mother

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by omolami: 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2015
A vote for buhari will divide Nigeria. The north should not be greedy. Breaking d country is for buhari to win. God forbid. VOTE PDP VOTE JONATHAN.
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 22, 2015
Some people have no idea what Buhari faces if he is mistakenly elected.

I can say it on good ground that it will mark the end of this useless contraption called Nigeria. The parasitic North and some of their slaves will be in for a long thing.

Una go know say BokoHaram dey learn by that time, Go ask Obasanjo and Yar Adua.
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Lucasbalo(m): 5:08pm On Mar 22, 2015
Reference:

Quote statistic all you like. Take anti-malaria drugs all you like. As long as you continue sleeping in the midst of bugs, sickness will always be by your side. The farmland to grow those beautiful fruits you imagine Nigeria to become is just not there. Every good farmer starts with the land not the crops. Nigeria is not a fertile land to cultivate lofty ideals as at today. The Nigerian hot-rod needs wheel balancing not necessarily a new driver. But if we wish we can try a new one.
We don't have to live with malaria where I reside. I am a constant visitor to Nigeria at least 2 or 3 times for both business and family ties. The country is not where she's supposed to be. If you accept mediocrity from your leaders, good for you because I don't accept mediocrity from my children . It's your problem not mine because my stake in Nigeria is limited.

1 Like

Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by egift(m): 5:10pm On Mar 22, 2015
calebo101:
Some people have no idea what Buhari faces if he is mistakenly elected.

I can say it on good ground that it will mark the end of this useless contraption called Nigeria. The parasitic North and some of their slaves will be in for a long thing.

Una go know say BokoHaram dey learn by that time, Go ask Obasanjo and Yar Adua.

If you imply militancy, then you really don't know Buhari and that strength of the Nigeria Nation.

When Buhari assume office, governance and development will commence. If anybody wants to convert his village or community to a war zone, then we will be there to fight it. When you get tired, Buhari will commence the needed development to that same community.

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by abubkhr: 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2015
cjrane:
[size=18pt]Why did Britain force such irreconcilable peoples together in one country??[/size] cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Because of their hidding agender and their evil intention. How I wish we can go our separate ways before this election so that each country concentrate on its on problems.
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by egift(m): 5:13pm On Mar 22, 2015
omolami:
A vote for buhari will divide Nigeria. The north should not be greedy. Breaking d country is for buhari to win. God forbid. VOTE PDP VOTE JONATHAN.

Is that new PDP's campaign scaremongering. Don't worry Buhari has an antidote for that. You will be amazed.

1 Like

Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 22, 2015
egift:

If you imply militancy, then you really don't know Buhari and that strength of the Nigeria Nation.

When Buhari assume office, governance and development will commence. If anybody wants to convert his village or community to a war zone, then we will be there to fight it. When you get tired, Buhari will commence the needed development to that same community.

God bless Nigeria.

Let's watch and see! E nor far again.
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by scholarosisi(f): 5:15pm On Mar 22, 2015
quixotic:
a government which celebrates criminality and rewards violence.thereby destroying the very essence of our culture. We are growing up in a niger delta where the goverment clearly tells us that violence is more rewarding than honesty and education. We see them in town with their siblings, the Asari, the Ayiris. The tompolos, the ateke toms, the boyloafs, the egberi papas.etc. even their lieutenants were given overseas contracts.while i served nigeria faithfully for 1year @20k a month.and stil have to look 4 jobs while saving to further. That is what jonathan has reduced nigeria to. Evil pays better than good,that is the generation jonathan seeks to nuture, but God forbid and we will CHANGE that.
. I don't like commenting on politcal issues like this. But this ur comment (this is what Jonathan reduce nigeria to) irritates me. So what u are experiencing started from Jonathan's govt? u have not observed this in previous regimes. Pls!
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by quixotic: 5:32pm On Mar 22, 2015
scholarosisi:
. I don't like commenting on politcal issues like this. But this ur comment (this is what Jonathan reduce nigeria to) irritates me. So what u are experiencing started from Jonathan's govt? u have not observed this in previous regimes. Pls!
read the comment well, which other government has rewarded touts and criminals as jonathan, i don't want to call them millitants, they are touts and criminals and they have been rewarded.
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by ollyruffy: 5:33pm On Mar 22, 2015
This is not surprising. Nigeria will be great again when we separate religion, tribalism from good governance.
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Lucasbalo(m): 5:33pm On Mar 22, 2015
pendy79:

Never knew Buhari spent 6years as president not 20months, never knew all a government need to prove as developing a state is to name a university, last I check the Yar-Adua university which is state owned is not in Abuja.

A Government which earned the most in Oil receipts in 5years what the Country earned in 50years yet NOTHING commensurate in terms of INFRACSTRUTURE but gullible and unpatriotic citizens like you driven by ethnic bigotry thinks a MAN who could not deliver when Crude was averaging $100/barrel will now do magic when oil is selling lower than $50 today with no hope of rising again

Do you in your heart of heart like the NIGERIA you live in today?

I live in a society where most revenue comes from Tax receipts, Tourism and Exportation of goods and services. They have no crude yet the country and government work for its people.

How can any reasonable NIGERIAN support this lootocratic government? Do you watch Al-Jazeera with Lai Mohammed and Mike Omeri today? Pls use your senses man, those in power today don't care about you.
Gbam. The funny thing is that the ones suffering the most are the people shouting GEJ till 2019. That's classic Stockholm Syndrome where the oppressed falls in love with his oppressors.
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by quixotic: 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2015
Reference:

It is what Nigeria through decades of squandered opportunity has caused not Jonathan. Even when the match wood was smoking and there was peaceful agitation was it Jonathan that hung Saro Wiwa and by so doing snuff out the last hope of dialogue. My man read your history very well and study how nations are formed.

For historical, collective failures Nigeria is just cashing in the cheque. If you think that a change of President or Government without a fundamental change in the State of the Union then five years down the line your cries will even be louder. It is where you are going that matters not the means of transport.
and you think paying those who wield arms in the open is the right way to go.? Like i said it has sent a very wrong signal, if you want to be honest never in the history of this country have we celebrated warlords as now. I am a graduate from the niger delta.searching for a job. And to get heard the government has shown that i need to carry a gun, that is not the nigeria i want for myself and my future children.

3 Likes

Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Whobedatte(m): 5:47pm On Mar 22, 2015
Flets:
If by chance Buhari wins this election, extremely hard times lies ahead for this country.

Definitely, the creeks will go haywire again, Buhari will send the troops to the creeks and together they will set the oil facilities ablaze.

While these persists, the oil producing companies will simply withdraw their personnel from the volatile region and all foreign investment will seize in all sectors.

And even if the troops kill 90% of the militants, it will take just one militant, a dynamite and just one location along the multi- kilometre trunklines to continue to wreck havoc.

Fast forward to 2019, if we remain one country and without a civil war,, we will be an economic wreck with no allocations and salaries, no capital projects, no hope with dollar exchanging for 400 naira and we are worse off than we were in 2015. Cos the truth is that without crude proceeds for now, Nigeria is finished.

And then, we'll be screaming another 'Change' because we would have learnt a bitter lesson in the hands of the Fulanis, Tinubu and Saraki.

And then we will ask.... Why were we this stupid?

Bookmark this page and quote me in 2019 if nairaland survives.
stop sheer pessimism. Nigeria would survive. Gargantuan incompetence &mediocrity of the GEJ admin has dis-orientated your thoughts
#saiBuhari
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by Flets: 5:54pm On Mar 22, 2015
Whobedatte:
stop sheer pessimism. Nigeria would survive. Gargantuan incompetence &mediocrity of the GEJ admin has dis-orientated your thoughts
#saiBuhari

Can you tell me in clear terms without bamboozled terms how you or Buhari can avoid the obvious danger that I have outlined in a case he wins
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by xklucvG: 6:40pm On Mar 22, 2015
pendy79:
For some it is never about competence or ability but his ETHNICITY.

If people within his immediate community cannot feel his presence then I am sorry for all the abuse I've thrown at the president. He wasn't practising NEPOTISM, he just DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO and is grossly INCOMPETENT across the BOARD.

If the YORUBAS ARE COMPLAINING, THE IGBOS ARE, THE HAUSAS ARE, THE IBIBIOS ARE, THE ITSEKIRIS ARE, THE URHOBOS ARE and all other ETHNIC groups are complaining of NEGLECT AND COLLAPSE OR NO GOVERNMENT PRESENCE IN THEIR LOCALITY, then where did he perform since his own OTUOKE community didn't benefit from him?

I need check across the border into Cameroun then maybe he has drunkenly taken all the TRANSFORMATION AGENDA tinz to BAMENDA at least we saw RUEBEN ABATI show some roads in Cameroun as part of GEJ's transformation agenda.

Well said but lets not pretend not to know that from the onset we have being divided along ethnic lines. We are never united because of our ethnic affilliations. So my take is autonomy for the regions or blocs because the federal system feeds on our disunity. In Nigeria you find the likes of Shagari (a grade 2 teacher) being favoured over an Awolowo ( an intellectual pabullum) to manage the affairs of a hundred million people. A clueless Gej, An old Granpa Buhari coming back. An Ayo Fayoshe whose only program is stomach infrastructure. Let us go back to the drawing board there is mamoth corruption in the country and even Gmb can not stop it. The police can not do without bribe no matter how much they get as salaries. In Nigeria everybody wants to get rich quick either hook or crook.
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by bellyjean(m): 6:42pm On Mar 22, 2015
quixotic:
God bless you and your family. If only nigerians especially the youths would get the message in your words, they would realise that CHANGE is all nigeria need right now. I dont care about the poor records of past leader and it is senseless to use any comparison with past leadership as basis for sticking with a MEDIOCRE government.
Re: Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS by sethken: 6:51pm On Mar 22, 2015
pendy79:
For some it is never about competence or ability but his ETHNICITY.

If people within his immediate community cannot feel his presence then I am sorry for all the abuse I've thrown at the president. He wasn't practising NEPOTISM, he just DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO and is grossly INCOMPETENT across the BOARD.

If the YORUBAS ARE COMPLAINING, THE IGBOS ARE, THE HAUSAS ARE, THE IBIBIOS ARE, THE ITSEKIRIS ARE, THE URHOBOS ARE and all other ETHNIC groups are complaining of NEGLECT AND COLLAPSE OR NO GOVERNMENT PRESENCE IN THEIR LOCALITY, then where did he perform since his own OTUOKE community didn't benefit from him?

I need check across the border into Cameroun then maybe he has drunkenly taken all the TRANSFORMATION AGENDA tinz to BAMENDA at least we saw RUEBEN ABATI show some roads in Cameroun as part of GEJ's transformation agenda.

In six years GEJ supposed to perform miracles and rescue Nigeria from the rot of over 50 years heaped on it by mostly Northern leaders, including Buhari. For the first time in the annals of her history Nigeria elected a president from the Niger Delta, where 90% of Nigeria oil wealth is derived from. And for the first time in her history Nigeria witnessed unprecedented violence in the Northern region of the country in the name of Boko Haram. Some Northern leaders including the opposition leader stated in clear terms, a fight against BH, is a fight against the North. Any reasonable observer will only conclude that BH is a political tool designed to make the North ungovernable, and make first South-South President appear weak.

The fact of the matter is this, the Nigeria oil wealth belongs to the people of the Niger Delta, and militants in the area can declare war on oil workers, if they believe that they are been marginalized. And it will happen, if the Hausa North liaise with the Yoruba South to deny Jonathan a second term. We will then begin to see the coming to fruition of the prophecy by own Igbo Colonel Odumegwu Ojukwu. A new Biafara State may be born. Nigeria vote wisely. Nigeria may fall like Sudan or Somalia if care is not taken.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Submits Confab Report To Senate / Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical / Senate Suspends Amendment Of CCB Act (screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.