Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,230 members, 7,836,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Ogbunike Cave Gets $250m World Class Theme Park And Resort From APFD(Pics/Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogbunike Cave Gets $250m World Class Theme Park And Resort From APFD(Pics/Video) (2403 Views)

"Ole, Ole": Residents Chant As Dino Melaye Arrives Kabba, Kogi. Pics/Video / Anambra: Political Stability And Economic Prosperity, Ogidi/ogbunike / Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogbunike Cave Gets $250m World Class Theme Park And Resort From APFD(Pics/Video) by Schematics: 7:51am On Mar 22, 2015
This is what tourism development is about. The population of international tourists will skyrocket with this theme park and resort.

Gov. Obiano signs $250m MoU for the Ogbunike Cave Resort Development

The State Government has signed a two hundred and fifty million dollar Memorandum of Understanding with Africa Project Finance and Development Limited for the development of Ogbunike Cave into a World Class Park and Resort.

The agreement was signed at the Governor’s Lodge, Amawbia.
Our reporter, who covered the ceremony, said that under the arrangement, the company will design, develop, finance, construct and operate the state of the art park and tourist destination.

The equity distribution of the Memorandum of Understanding allocates seventy-five per cent to the company, fifteen per cent to the state government, five per cent to Oyi local government area and another five per cent to Ifite Ogbunike, while three per cent will be used for development and social responsibility projects in the area.

Governor Willie Obiano, in his speech, said the project would provide a comprehensive entertainment centre and facilitate total harnessing of the cave and make it attractive for tourism.

Governor Obiano assured that the project would be handled by a World Class Contractor who would give the state quality facilities for tourism and relaxation.

The Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, Chief Tony Onyima, explained that following Governor Obiano’s passion and directive to transform the age-old cave, that had been ignored over the years, the Ministry and Anambra State Investment Promotion and Protection Agency, (ANSIPPA) accelerated work in attracting the investor and concluded modalities for the partnership to harness the potentials of the cave.

Chief Onyima said a schedule for the implementation of the project had been worked out and assured that by next year, some of the projects would be ready for commissioning and would transform the state with multiplier effects.The Managing Director of the company, Mr. Joachim Nwagbo, noted that within one year, Governor Obiano has turned the state into a first choice investment destination with effective security system and stable socio-political environment, attractive for direct funding of projects and strategic development initiative.

Mr. Nwagbo said in addition to the Ogbunike Cave project, the company was equally ready to finance an airport project, modern transport Scheme and has one-point-five billion dollars to invest on interstate rail system.

Earlier, the Chairman, Anambra State Investment Promotion and Protection Agency and traditional ruler of Umuoji, Igwe Cyril Enweze, said the project would include Nature and games reserve, Water Park, hotels, Museums, retail and dining facilities, amphi-theatre, cultural centre, lake and river sports, among other recreation activities.

Igwe Enweze explained that the project has great benefits for the state, including mass direct and indirect employment opportunities, as well as transfer of skills and technology.
http://www.absradiotv.com/index.php/anambra/919-governor-obiano-signs-250m-mou-for-the-ogbunike-cave-resort-development

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CinnaW4acFo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9tKw4FWWsY

3 Likes

Re: Ogbunike Cave Gets $250m World Class Theme Park And Resort From APFD(Pics/Video) by Schematics: 7:53am On Mar 22, 2015
Intro..

centje:
Ogbunike Caves(discovered by a hunter called ukwa) are situated in a valley with tropical rain forest behind the "Ogba" hills in which lies St. Monica College, Ogbunike. Descending into the valley wherethe caves are located is a lengthy walkway made up of about 317 steps said to have been constructed by the Anambra State Government in the mid 90s. At the end of the walkway is an open space used as a reception point where visitors are by tradition to remove their shoes.

The main cave consists of a massive structure with a big open chamber of about5m high, 10m wide and 30m long at the entrance. There are ten tunnels at the mainchamber leading to different directions. Within the tunnels are big chambers and other tunnels of varying lengths, some of which are inter connected. The caves are occupied by a large colony of bats of various sizes. There are streams and body of water at various places. A stream flows out from one of the tunnels into a rapid flowing river (River Nkissa). At the meeting point of the river and the stream one can feel the warm water from the caves and the cold river water.

Beside this portion of the river is a table land of about 5 X 5 square meters used as a relaxation spot by visitors to the caves. Theimmediate environment of the caves up to about 200 meters radius is a thick tropical rainforest type of vegetation. Among the fauna of the site are deer, antelope, grass cutter, porcupine, rabbit, alligator and frogs. Others are fish, crabs and birds.

Satements of authenticity and/or integrity

Ogbunike caves are associated with living traditions and are said to be used by the people for many centuries. The site still retains its historical and spiritual significance. There is an annual festival called "Ime Ogbe" celebrated in commemoration of the discovery of the caves. The biodiversity of the site has remained almost in tact. The integrity of the site can be attested to by the presence of the primary forests around the caves. The Nkisa River flows by the side of the caves into which the water that drains from the caves empties itself. At that point,where the difference in temperature is felt between the river and the water from the rock. The entire site is within ranges of undulating hills and valleys which stretch across other communities and farmlands. The site has sufficient boundaries (20 hectares) to protect its values from direct effects of human encroachment.

Comparison with other similar properties

The Ogbunike caves like the ancient cave temple of Arochukwu in Abia State of Nigeria were a symbol of justice. Ogbunike caves have attractive waterfall at the North West part of the cave that could compare to Kalambo falls in East Africa. The caves are believed to have been in existence for centuries with minimal defacement. The caves occupy a large expanse of area.

http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/5174/

. It is a place where Africans hid from slave raiding parties during the slave trade. Sandstone caves are rare and small. This cave is big for this type of caves. It was formed by tectonic forces, which produced weak zones in the rock. Physiochemical and biological weathering and erosion formed the cave. The cave has a large bat colony.

According to Igbo oral tradition, there was a god called Ogba who lived inside the cavein the middle of a large rock. Despite the opaque nature of the rock, he was an all-seeing spirit who could detect crimes, especially, theft. When someone was accused of crime, he could prove his innocence by entering the cave. The guilty ones never returned alive. The town is Ogbunike and the cave is called Ogba, like the god. But the English name used by tourists is Ogbunike cave.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47076:ogbunike-caves-great-wonder-east-of-the-niger&catid=184:love-a-life&Itemid=711

2 Likes

Re: Ogbunike Cave Gets $250m World Class Theme Park And Resort From APFD(Pics/Video) by Schematics: 7:56am On Mar 22, 2015
Inside the cave..

3 Likes

Re: Ogbunike Cave Gets $250m World Class Theme Park And Resort From APFD(Pics/Video) by Schematics: 7:59am On Mar 22, 2015
Tourists inside the cave..

4 Likes

Re: Ogbunike Cave Gets $250m World Class Theme Park And Resort From APFD(Pics/Video) by dhardline(m): 8:02am On Mar 22, 2015
Willie is working cool

2 Likes

Re: Ogbunike Cave Gets $250m World Class Theme Park And Resort From APFD(Pics/Video) by kelvincoll(m): 8:39am On Mar 22, 2015
This is some real good investment, opening Anambra, south east and Nigeria to the world. Kudo Gov Willie! We pray the project is actualised is record time

2 Likes

Re: Ogbunike Cave Gets $250m World Class Theme Park And Resort From APFD(Pics/Video) by Castos(m): 8:42am On Mar 22, 2015
That's my governor! The best man for the job.

1 Like

Re: Ogbunike Cave Gets $250m World Class Theme Park And Resort From APFD(Pics/Video) by Schematics: 9:02am On Mar 22, 2015
Seun, Ngwakwe, Obinoscopy please home page. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Ogbunike Cave Gets $250m World Class Theme Park And Resort From APFD(Pics/Video) by Nobody: 1:57am On Mar 26, 2015
I love parks, this is great news. We need more parks like this so that Nigeria will change their view on recreation, typical outing in nigeria begins and ends in fast food centres and bars.
There's something missing in report; the duration of the project??
Re: Ogbunike Cave Gets $250m World Class Theme Park And Resort From APFD(Pics/Video) by asadike(f): 3:14am On Mar 26, 2015
Nigerians should come and see the silent transformation going on in anambra state. Obiano is working and he doesn't make noise about it. This is what I want to see in d whole igbo land and I believe that our brother state abia, will soon become a state to reckon with as soon as they vote in apga in d upcoming election.

2 Likes

Re: Ogbunike Cave Gets $250m World Class Theme Park And Resort From APFD(Pics/Video) by Slynonny(m): 5:44am On Mar 26, 2015
Ride on Willie we love you.
My guy abeg help me call that Mallam that is passing by.
Mallam Buhari someone is calling you.
Mallam Buhari shey u get am for polish ba?
Yoo wah i get am flenti flenti.
Oya polish my shoes am late for work.
Oga kawo kwudi.
I'll pay you once your done.
Kai Oga me i no understand that english fa,u pay me i polish shoe.
Mr Man are you daft or what?
Kai oga make i no call me for draft i no sabi play draft.
Illiteracy is a disease.
Pls Mallam Buhari go back to School.

1 Like

Re: Ogbunike Cave Gets $250m World Class Theme Park And Resort From APFD(Pics/Video) by owobokiri(m): 6:00am On Mar 26, 2015
dhardline:
Willie is working cool

I agree. . Saw some of the stuff he is doing at Onitsha the other day. . Some solid works compared to that of the clownish jester that was his predicessor
Re: Ogbunike Cave Gets $250m World Class Theme Park And Resort From APFD(Pics/Video) by FKO81(m): 6:30am On Mar 26, 2015
Schematics:
Tourists inside the cave..
God really blessed Anambra state with great potentials, Thank God we elected the right man to harness them.

1 Like

Re: Ogbunike Cave Gets $250m World Class Theme Park And Resort From APFD(Pics/Video) by VoteOutPDPJona: 7:43am On Mar 26, 2015
THANK GOODNESS PDP IS NOT IN POWER IN ANAMBRA STATE.
THIS PROJECT WOULDN'T HAVE SEEN TE LIGHT OF THE DAY cool

(1) (Reply)

Toktee Wellcome A Baby Girl. / Photo:funny But True !! / Professor Isaac Folorunso Adewole,The New Minister Of Health Has A Wonderful CV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.