Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Finally! A Bicycle With Seat Belts And Airbags! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Finally! A Bicycle With Seat Belts And Airbags! (1744 Views)

Airbags: How They Work And Types / Why Do The FRSC Insists On Front Seat Belts Only? / The Wonder Of Seat Belts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally! A Bicycle With Seat Belts And Airbags! by LordReed(m): 8:34am On Mar 22, 2015
I would call it the world's safest bicycle plus it is as fast as a car!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1255345767/raht-racer-worlds-first-highway-speed-bike

Re: Finally! A Bicycle With Seat Belts And Airbags! by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 22, 2015
As a bicyclist, calling this a bicycle is an afrontation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally! A Bicycle With Seat Belts And Airbags! by delishpot: 9:25am On Mar 22, 2015
Where the so called bicycle?

1 Like

Re: Finally! A Bicycle With Seat Belts And Airbags! by LordReed(m): 9:46am On Mar 22, 2015
CityNG:
As a bicyclist, calling this a bicycle is an afrontation.

Why? It is still driven by pedal power or is it the third wheel that afronts you?
Re: Finally! A Bicycle With Seat Belts And Airbags! by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 22, 2015
LordReed:

Why? It is still driven by pedal power or is it the third wheel that afronts you?

Every thing about that contraption is an afrontation.

"bicycle (ˈbaɪsɪkəl)
n
1. (Automotive Engineering) a vehicle with a tubular metal frame mounted on two spoked wheels, one behind the other. The rider sits on a saddle, propels the vehicle by means of pedals that drive the rear wheel through a chain, and steers with handlebars on the front wheel. Often shortened to: cycle or bike"

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bicycle
Re: Finally! A Bicycle With Seat Belts And Airbags! by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 22, 2015
delishpot:
Where the so called bicycle?

Help me ask them o.
Re: Finally! A Bicycle With Seat Belts And Airbags! by LordReed(m): 11:54am On Mar 22, 2015
CityNG:

Every thing about that contraption is an afrontation.

"bicycle (ˈbaɪsɪkəl)
n
1. (Automotive Engineering) a vehicle with a tubular metal frame mounted on two spoked wheels, one behind the other. The rider sits on a saddle, propels the vehicle by means of pedals that drive the rear wheel through a chain, and steers with handlebars on the front wheel. Often shortened to: cycle or bike"

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bicycle

LoL! Granted it is only loosely called a bicycle, I guess they'll have to coin a name if it ever becomes a thing. I would love if it did become a thing, it has the potential for creating a new breed of sustainable high speed transportation modes. It could even redefine the mean of the word driver, LoL.
Re: Finally! A Bicycle With Seat Belts And Airbags! by 400billionman: 12:57pm On Mar 22, 2015
It is pedal driven but the pedal powers a generator which in turn charges a battery that speeds up the bike.

Summarily, it is an electric bike that can be charged with electricity. The pedaling is meant to extend battery life.

Since this is their first prototype, I expect them to also manufacture prototypes that won't need electricity putting Africa into perspective.
Re: Finally! A Bicycle With Seat Belts And Airbags! by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:31pm On Mar 22, 2015
Its a confused keke napep. tongue

Re: Finally! A Bicycle With Seat Belts And Airbags! by dazekid(m): 4:24pm On Mar 22, 2015
I find it crazy that they are marketing the Raht Racer as a "faster and safer bike" when it is so much more. The only similarity it has to a bike even is the fact that it uses a pedal mechanism and even that is very different from a conventional bicycle.

(1) (Reply)

VIO Chopped me Today / Camry Hybrid 2009 For Sale / Tinted Glass Ban Comes To Lagos Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.