Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

What Did You Giv Up Dis Lenten Season - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did You Giv Up Dis Lenten Season (488 Views)

Today Marks The Beginning Of Lenten Season , Ash Wednesday + Lenten Observances / Catholics Worldwide Begin 40-day Lenten Season Tomorrow / Inspirationalquotes For The Lenten Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Did You Giv Up Dis Lenten Season by Jusmudi(m): 4:34pm On Mar 22, 2015
From my view, I notice 99% of christian are so pious and afta the lenten period, they go back to their old ways. But now what did u giv up totally dis lenten season?
Some people gave me some of the tins they abandoned because of lent. Here ar some reply I got

What did you give up for Lent?
Dumazile2 days agoI Gave up Social networks, focused on the rosarydaily and prayer.
Thomas Burger6 days agoFlavored coffee creamerTerrance
Woodson1 week agoI gave up food for Lent and I am going to do a juicecleanse for all 47 days between Ash Wednesdayand Easter!!
John Perchulyn3 weeks agoAlthough I don't consider myself an alcoholic, Iknow, denial is the first sign, I give up drinkingany alcohol during lent. I have been doing this forover 30 years. In the early years it was a struggleonly because I would be ridiculed by my friendswhen we would go out to bars and/or attendparties. They would all say, "yea, right". Now, theydon't even question it and respect me for what Ido.
Mo4 weeks agoI gave up all electronic gamesLinda Sue4 weeks agoI am going to say the rosary every day, dedicatetime to prayer, and no over indulgence of any kind. I have a tendency to eat an entire bowl of chipsand salsa for example.... no more of that kind ofthing, Practicing control in my life.Edward Zink4 weeks agoI will be joining the church at Easter. I thoughtabout this a lot and have decided to give upFacebook because this consumes several hours ofmy time most days. I am disabled and spend wayto much time online. I will spend the extra timereading Scripture and preparing for my conversion. I wish you all a Blessed Season and may our LordBless You and Keep You.
lol4 weeks agoGood thing I'm atheist so I don't have to giveanything up ;
)Kasey1 month agoThis lent, I wanted to do three things; give upmeat, give up makeup, and pray every day.
Linda Walker1 month agoLent is always special to me last year I did dailyprayers and shared them with my friends onfacebook. Everyone so looked forward to theprayer so I will continue again this year. Also I willchange my way of eating this year and begin eachday with a fruit and oatmeal smoothie, no morecooked breakfast. I will read my Bible everydayand put my faith in God for all to see.My salvation rests in the hands of God.
.Maria1 month agoLast year I gave up acohol. Not because I'm aheavy drinker but because of the problems it hascreated for my family and my husbands. I alsomade sure not to annoce it to the whole world. Itried to show a little HumilIty
devotions and prayers.Giving upsomething means giving up on the old body andrenewing by devoting your life to Christ.Becomingmore like Christ in body and soul.Jennie1 month agoSeveral years ago, my company made a majorchange to computers and brought in a youngerperson to create software particular to us. I wasafraid of technology and not very cooperative. Shewas not respectful of her elders (we were older,why didn't we know everything already?) and Iwas not respectful of her (she's a kid and doesn'tknow our jobs).For Lent, I gave up ignorance. For 40 days, I gavemyself over to listening and learning and askingquestions and making suggestions. I learned somuch! It made me a better employee and a muchbetter, much more tolerant person.

So what did you giv up dis lenten season?

(1) (Reply)

Let's Play The Devil Advocate ! / Discipline Might Harm You Know How / Rapper Releases Own Bible, Changes Every Mention Of ‘god’ To ‘kanye’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.