Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? (14872 Views)

Natural Home Remedies For (stomach) Ulcer / Best Permanent Cure For Erectile Dysfunction / How To Use Unripe Plantain To Cure Stomach Ulcer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by vickkyruby(f): 4:42pm On Mar 22, 2015
Please people in health section help me out! Its so painful.
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by 42n8dzydoo(m): 4:43pm On Mar 22, 2015
Here to read comments too!
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by asadike(f): 4:59pm On Mar 22, 2015
Yes my dear, it is curable. All u need to do is change some habits and adopt some. Eat small frequent foods, avoid alcohol,carbonated drinks,fried,coarse or greasy foods. Take enough fruits but avoid orange and pineapple. Though I used well ripen pineapple to manage mine. Take yoghurt liberally. I don't know ur ulcer stage so as to know d drugs to prescribe for u. But don't go hungry. I can plan your meals for u if want. Take care of yourself. Bye

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by naijafresh: 5:04pm On Mar 22, 2015
First of all, who diagnosed a stomach ulcer in you? Severe indigestion does not necessarily mean you have an ulcer.

Lifestyle changes ie no spicy food, lose weight if necessary, don't miss meals, reduce fizzy drinks, tea and coffee, stop smoking and heavy alcohol intake is the usual first line advice.

Unless you have had an endoscopic examination of the stomach or perhaps a barium meal the diagnosis is uncertain and may be wrong. If your doctors or healthcare practitioner say you have an ulcer without the basic investigations he is guessing the most likely diagnosis based on your symptoms.. nigerian style medicine in a resource poor environment.

Secondly, yes there is a cure. 60% of stomach ulcers are caused by an infection with a bacteria called 'helicobacter pylori' you can google it, this can be treated with a simple course of antibiotics. It is advisable to test for this infection rather than treat blindly so as not to miss the diagnosis of something more serious.
Surgery for stomach ulcers is archaic treatment, unless you have a bleeding ulcer which requires immediate surgery and is usually accompanied by passing black stool (altered blood) or vomiting large amounts of blood.

You do not necessarily have to have a stomach examination if you're under the age of 45 because the risk of such symptoms being cancer is low. However if the symptoms are severe and persistent and you're losing weight or vomiting constantly it may well be recommended.

The recommendation that said is to test for helicobacter pylori and treat if positive. I do not know if such tests are available in Nigeria. The tests are simple and consist of a breath test where you breath into a tube or analysis of a stool sample. Helicobacter can also be tested by doing a biopsy of the stomach during internal examination.
The blood test looking for antibodies is no longer performed as most people have previous exposure and a positive test does not mean active infection.

Lastly most of the treatment for stomach ulcers tends to be symptomatic ie aimed at the symptoms so youre given pain killers and antacids.

If you are suffering you should consult a healthcare professional and a gastroenterologist to be precise as this is their area of expertise.

Hope this helps

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by vickkyruby(f): 10:37am On Mar 23, 2015
asadike:
Yes my dear, it is curable. All u need to do is change some habits and adopt some. Eat small frequent foods, avoid alcohol,carbonated drinks,fried,coarse or greasy foods. Take enough fruits but avoid orange and pineapple. Though I used well ripen pineapple to manage mine. Take yoghurt liberally. I don't know ur ulcer stage so as to know d drugs to prescribe for u. But don't go hungry. I can plan your meals for u if want. Take care of yourself. Bye

Thanks alot,I will try them out.
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by vickkyruby(f): 10:54am On Mar 23, 2015
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by vickkyruby(f): 11:02am On Mar 23, 2015
naijafresh:
First of all, who diagnosed a stomach ulcer in you? Severe indigestion does not necessarily mean you have an ulcer.

Lifestyle changes ie no spicy food, lose weight if necessary, don't miss meals, reduce fizzy drinks, tea and coffee, stop smoking and heavy alcohol intake is the usual first line advice.

Unless you have had an endoscopic examination of the stomach or perhaps a barium meal the diagnosis is uncertain and may be wrong. If your doctors or healthcare practitioner say you have an ulcer without the basic investigations he is guessing the most likely diagnosis based on your symptoms.. nigerian style medicine in a resource poor environment.

Secondly, yes there is a cure. 60% of stomach ulcers are caused by an infection with a bacteria called 'helicobacter pylori' you can google it, this can be treated with a simple course of antibiotics. It is advisable to test for this infection rather than treat blindly so as not to miss the diagnosis of something more serious.
Surgery for stomach ulcers is archaic treatment, unless you have a bleeding ulcer which requires immediate surgery and is usually accompanied by passing black stool (altered blood) or vomiting large amounts of blood.

You do not necessarily have to have a stomach examination if you're under the age of 45 because the risk of such symptoms being cancer is low. However if the symptoms are severe and persistent and you're losing weight or vomiting constantly it may well be recommended.

The recommendation that said is to test for helicobacter pylori and treat if positive. I do not know if such tests are available in Nigeria. The tests are simple and consist of a breath test where you breath into a tube or analysis of a stool sample. Helicobacter can also be tested by doing a biopsy of the stomach during internal examination.
The blood test looking for antibodies is no longer performed as most people have previous exposure and a positive test does not mean active infection.

Lastly most of the treatment for stomach ulcers tends to be symptomatic ie aimed at the symptoms so youre given pain killers and antacids.

If you are suffering you should consult a healthcare professional and a gastroenterologist to be precise as this is their area of expertise.

Hope this helps
Thanks alot your post was really helpful. I usually feel the pain when I have not eaten for sometime the pain tends to subside on its own after i must have eaten.I dont stool or vomit.I will try out the antacid
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by naijafresh: 12:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
vickkyruby:

Thanks alot your post was really helpful. I usually feel the pain when I have not eaten for sometime the pain tends to subside on its own after i must have eaten.I dont stool or vomit.I will try out the antacid

You're welcome smiley

Antacids should give immediate symptomatic relief. For long term control you would need to take something like omeprazole or similar. These drugs are called proton pump inhibitors and they work by suppressing stomach acid production. A course of 4-6 weeks should provide effective relief in conjunction with other measures as discussed earlier.

In the Nigerian setting I would also consider a 2 week course of antibiotics to treat helicobacter infection if you're still getting symptoms despite antacids and proton pump inhibitors.

Best wishes.
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by vickkyruby(f): 1:46pm On Mar 23, 2015
naijafresh:

You're welcome smiley

Antacids should give immediate symptomatic relief. For long term control you would need to take something like omeprazole or similar. These drugs are called proton pump inhibitors and they work by suppressing stomach acid production. A course of 4-6 weeks should provide effective relief in conjunction with other measures as discussed earlier.

In the Nigerian setting I would also consider a 2 week course of antibiotics to treat helicobacter infection if you're still getting symptoms despite antacids and proton pump inhibitors.

Best wishes.
Are you a doctor? Can i get the name of drugs pls.
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by naijafresh: 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2015
vickkyruby:

Are you a doctor? Can i get the name of drugs pls.

Yes I am.
For security reasons will send you a PM with the requested advice.
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by vickkyruby(f): 4:58pm On Mar 23, 2015
[quote author=naijafresh post=31920646]

Yes I am.
For security reasons will send you a PM with the requested advice.[/;]
Thanks, but i dont know how this nl pm thing works.
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by naijafresh: 6:52pm On Mar 23, 2015
[quote author=vickkyruby post=31923509][/quote]

Ok. I can't really prescribe for you online for ethical reasons as I'm not your doctor and I dont have your clinical history to hand such as drug allergies and history of other drugs you may be taking but I can give you generic advice you can discuss with a doctor or pharmacist.
This information is also freely available on Google and a registered pharmacist will be able to give you dosage information which if I post here is the same as prescribing anyway. I am happy to confirm or answer any further questions you may have if you obtain the drugs listed below. The drugs are taken twice a day for example.

Treatment for helicobacter is called 'triple therapy' and consists of a weeks course of 2 antibiotics and an acid suppression drug

Typical regimes may consist of
1. Omeprazole - acid suppression
2. Amoxicillin - antibiotic
3. Clarithromycin - antibiotic

Because of increasing drug resistance the recommended duration is now 2 weeks and this gives eradication rates of around 90-95% depending on whose figures you look at.
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by vickkyruby(f): 1:04am On Mar 24, 2015
naijafresh:

Ok. I can't really prescribe for you online for ethical reasons as I'm not your doctor and I dont have your clinical history to hand such as drug allergies and history of other drugs you may be taking but I can give you generic advice you can discuss with a doctor or pharmacist.
This information is also freely available on Google and a registered pharmacist will be able to give you dosage information which if I post here is the same as prescribing anyway. I am happy to confirm or answer any further questions you may have if you obtain the drugs listed below. The drugs are taken twice a day for example.

Treatment for helicobacter is called 'triple therapy' and consists of a weeks course of 2 antibiotics and an acid suppression drug

Typical regimes may consist of
1. Omeprazole - acid suppression
2. Amoxicillin - antibiotic
3. Clarithromycin - antibiotic

Because of increasing drug resistance the recommended duration is now 2 weeks and this gives eradication rates of around 90-95% depending on whose figures you look at.

Thanks alot am greatful,I bet you're one great doctor.
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by naijafresh: 12:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
Thanks..

You're welcome, let us know how you get on.

BW

1 Like

Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by aariwa(m): 12:35am On Apr 18, 2015
my own ulcer defied Orthodox medical cure till a friend introduced me to Goko herbal mixture which worked wonders for me
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by vickkyruby(f): 12:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by vickkyruby(f): 12:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
aariwa:
my own ulcer defied Orthodox medical cure till a friend introduced me to Goko herbal mixture which worked wonders for me

Seriously?
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
I've got the solution.Trust me.I'm a fitness scientist.The info. is classified, so contact me on jkfitelete@ gmail.com
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by tuniforever(m): 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
vickkyruby:
yes I have three simple solutions and it works..if you are in Lagos you can whatsapp me 08131195769..so we can arrange a meeting at my office stay blessed..
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by TlcHealthGroup(m): 8:07pm On Apr 21, 2015
vickkyruby:
Gud day,my name is john and i am a health praticioner,there are some supplements which would cure the ulcer immediately.these supplements are safe and very effective,call us on 08185664889 or email us @ tlchealthsolutions1@gmail.com.
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by BuySilver: 8:19am On Nov 13, 2017
cures ulcers under 2 weeks - FOREVER
get it here

www.olumide-ng.com/shop

Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by adeblow(m): 6:14pm On Nov 19, 2017
vickkyruby:
Try Ulsakit its about 3500 to 4000 naira.
It worked for me and never came back.
Mine was so bad, I had an attack around 2:00am and had to stand and walk to the hospital around 3:00am.
An incidence I can't forget
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by dunmorris(m): 9:18am On Jan 08, 2018
adeblow:

Try Ulsakit its about 3500 to 4000 naira.
It worked for me and never came back.
Mine was so bad, I had an attack around 2:00am and had to stand and walk to the hospital around 3:00am.
An incidence I can't forget
Is Yours Stomach ulcer? I am feeling severe pain in my chest
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by suyamasta(m): 9:31am On Jun 05, 2019
vickkyruby:

Hi where you able to cure the ulcer?
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by NAJALYN: 3:34pm On Jun 06, 2019
You either use STC30. Please read the Post on the Product.

STC30 is a New Technology in the world of Stem Cell Therapy. The Product works from the body’s cellular level to reactivate dead cells, tissues and organs, repair dead cells, and rejuvenate the body’s cells for optimum health.
It is estimated that in the next 10 years, 80% of developed Countries will embrace Stem Cell Wellness Technologies.
STC30 Prevents as well as Treats over 134 diseases, including Stoke, heart attack, diabetes, hypertension, cancer, fibroid, ovarian cyst, leukemia, infertility, impotency, stomach ulcer, sickle cell, it’s anti-aging, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Crohn’s disease, autism, liver cirrhosis, cardiomyopathy, cerebral palsy, lung diseases, vitiligo, paraplegia, renal failure, buerger’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatism, brain trauma, spinal cord injury/paralysis, congestive heart failure, orthopedic injuries, deafness, blindness, glaucoma, bone marrow transplant, kidney stones and failure, prostate enlargement, prostate cancer, wound healing, liver diseases, pancreative dysfunction, cardiovascular diseases, skin repair, mudcukoskeletal problems, stress, muscle pull, dental problem, gastrointestinal disease, skin infection, hemorrhoids, headache, improve blood flow, cardiovascular disease, traumatic brain injury, learning defects, missing teeth, amyotrophic lateral-sclerosis, myocardial infarction, muscular dystrophy, multiple sites cancers, etc.
Please Watch Videos of Testimonies on the potency of STC30. See more on STC30 here
https://lynsnaturalhealth.info/2019/04/18/superlife-total-care-stc30-stem-cell-treatment-a-must-use/ Mrs. E. Oforofuo (08097890448)

O R

Norland's Mebo GI. Please read the Post here

http://lynsnaturalhealth.info/2018/09/15/mebo-gi-product-a-must-have-in-all-homes/
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by aromaticmassage: 6:51pm On Jun 06, 2019
your posts are becoming irritating.you cures everything.dont you have conscience.scammerY
NAJALYN:

You either use STC30. Please read the Post on the Product.

STC30 is a New Technology in the world of Stem Cell Therapy. The Product works from the body’s cellular level to reactivate dead cells, tissues and organs, repair dead cells, and rejuvenate the body’s cells for optimum health.
It is estimated that in the next 10 years, 80% of developed Countries will embrace Stem Cell Wellness Technologies.
STC30 Prevents as well as Treats over 134 diseases, including Stoke, heart attack, diabetes, hypertension, cancer, fibroid, ovarian cyst, leukemia, infertility, impotency, stomach ulcer, sickle cell, it’s anti-aging, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Crohn’s disease, autism, liver cirrhosis, cardiomyopathy, cerebral palsy, lung diseases, vitiligo, paraplegia, renal failure, buerger’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatism, brain trauma, spinal cord injury/paralysis, congestive heart failure, orthopedic injuries, deafness, blindness, glaucoma, bone marrow transplant, kidney stones and failure, prostate enlargement, prostate cancer, wound healing, liver diseases, pancreative dysfunction, cardiovascular diseases, skin repair, mudcukoskeletal problems, stress, muscle pull, dental problem, gastrointestinal disease, skin infection, hemorrhoids, headache, improve blood flow, cardiovascular disease, traumatic brain injury, learning defects, missing teeth, amyotrophic lateral-sclerosis, myocardial infarction, muscular dystrophy, multiple sites cancers, etc.
Please Watch Videos of Testimonies on the potency of STC30. See more on STC30 here
https://lynsnaturalhealth.info/2019/04/18/superlife-total-care-stc30-stem-cell-treatment-a-must-use/ Mrs. E. Oforofuo (08097890448)

O R

Norland's Mebo GI. Please read the Post here

http://lynsnaturalhealth.info/2018/09/15/mebo-gi-product-a-must-have-in-all-homes/
Re: Is There A Permanent Cure For Stomach Ulcer? by craigkoel1989: 1:38pm On Mar 27, 2020
Good evening
I suffered from serious ulcer pain after which I bought drugs for the ulcer but the drugs were worse as it made me more terrible than I was,I could not belch, had severe stomach pain in the night, nausea and couldn't eat or drink water because I felt like throwing up
I stopped the drug and came across a post on how to cure ulcer and I saw that gauva leaf tea works wonder, I hurrried and plugged the leaf and drank the tea and 20 minutes later I was belching until I didn't feel pain again
This morning I ate well and not feeling bloated again that is why i will like to share with my friends that are suffering from this
To make the tea
Start by plugging 6 leaves of guava leaf
Put 2 cups of water in a kettle
Next boil it for 10 minutes
Next pour it into a cup and either drink like that or add a little honey to sweeten
Drink at least one hour before eating
Drink this guava leave tea for 3 times daily for 1 week and watch how you will return to full health
Remember to share your testimony so others can learn from it
God bless you all

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

World Toilet Day: Nigeria Ranked 3rd In Countries Without Safe, Private Toilets / 10 Incredible Uses Of Bosom Milk / I Have A Reddish Swollen Bumps On My Penis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.