Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,917 members, 7,814,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Generator And Stabilizer - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Generator And Stabilizer (36429 Views)

Why People Don't Wake Up While Inhaling Generator Fumes. / Mind-blowing Biogas Production For Generator And Cooking Gas / See What A Man In Aba Made Using "I Pass My Neighbour Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generator And Stabilizer by Nememmaobi: 11:52pm On Mar 11, 2022
Engineers in the house , please can i use a stabilizer for a 1.5 kva generator? And what size of stabilizer should i use? My Genetor blew my standing fan and charger.
Re: Generator And Stabilizer by Nememmaobi: 11:52pm On Mar 11, 2022
Also do tv guides and fridge guards work with generator?
Re: Generator And Stabilizer by hoyinmide(m): 7:49am On May 08, 2022
Nememmaobi:
Engineers in the house , please can i use a stabilizer for a 1.5 kva generator? And what size of stabilizer should i use? My Genetor blew my standing fan and charger.

I also need an answe to this
A 5kva stab

1 Like

Re: Generator And Stabilizer by tabisegroup(m): 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2022
Savotech:

I like your view of the fact that we could be sharing false experience.

The summary of the technical perspective is this.
1. In a transformer Input power= output power + losses. So powering your stabilizer without any load is as good as not plugging anything yet, if we should neglet the losees. So if you plug only your phone, the stabilizer only draw a little power your phone needs. To verify that, take your ampsmeter and check your stab input current on noload and when on load. At no load, you will get almost 0Amps.

2. Resistive load like heaters different from inductive load like stabilizer. When you plug an inductive load In ac circuit, it generates a magnetic flux, if the magnetic flux has no where to go to be converted, it returns back to the coil that generates it and produce a back emf which is almost equal to one to be generated in the next AC cycle. Which makes the coil not to draw any current in the next cycle. Only when u plug a inductive load to a DC circuit it will turn the coil to a magnet and decipate heat as a resistive load.

3. if your gen can power your blender, fridge, fan etc, why not a transformer which is the major component of your stab. Since both are inductive load. So taking a stab as a device on it own can be powered by any gen. Even a 1kva gen van power a 5kva stab, provided u do not plug a load more than 1kva to the stab.

4. Your mikano 100kva gen is a generator just like your 1kva tiger gen. So the difference is just the power. even egbin thermal station or kanji dam Which is the source of our so called nepa light still use generator. Just that it uses a turbine as the prime mover.

And in conclusion. Experience is sometimes worth more than 1000 theories because those theories too are propounded by experiments.

I hope i made a little sense. If you still have more question, dont hesitate to ask.

You are sound!!!
Re: Generator And Stabilizer by Mikeshine(m): 10:08pm On Nov 08, 2022
I just bought a new Gen and it's making so much noise. I ask the seller the first question was that am I using it with stabilizer? My question is, can stabilizer cause a new generator to be noisy? And secondly is there any way I can reduce the noise?
Re: Generator And Stabilizer by mychelyte(m): 9:40am On Nov 11, 2022
hoyinmide:

I also need an answe to this A 5kva stab
5 kva stab is to much for the gen nah!!! use 2000V down.
Re: Generator And Stabilizer by mychelyte(m): 9:46am On Nov 11, 2022
imabiodun:

Sure it can, since the "I better pass my neighbor" is rated 2500W, then you have no problem provided you do not go overboard
I.B.P.M.N is 1100watts max for the old Yamaha products, the tigers 950watts..in fact the new ones in town now is 650watts .. no new original tigers in the market again over the years now,, look at the written well you'll discover this.
Re: Generator And Stabilizer by fuckboys: 10:01am On Jul 09, 2023
Beautiful thread, this helped me with decision making for my gen and stabilizer.
Re: Generator And Stabilizer by fuckboys: 10:04am On Jul 09, 2023
Savotech:

I like your view of the fact that we could be sharing false experience.

The summary of the technical perspective is this.
1. In a transformer Input power= output power + losses. So powering your stabilizer without any load is as good as not plugging anything yet, if we should neglet the losees. So if you plug only your phone, the stabilizer only draw a little power your phone needs. To verify that, take your ampsmeter and check your stab input current on noload and when on load. At no load, you will get almost 0Amps.

2. Resistive load like heaters different from inductive load like stabilizer. When you plug an inductive load In ac circuit, it generates a magnetic flux, if the magnetic flux has no where to go to be converted, it returns back to the coil that generates it and produce a back emf which is almost equal to one to be generated in the next AC cycle. Which makes the coil not to draw any current in the next cycle. Only when u plug a inductive load to a DC circuit it will turn the coil to a magnet and decipate heat as a resistive load.

3. if your gen can power your blender, fridge, fan etc, why not a transformer which is the major component of your stab. Since both are inductive load. So taking a stab as a device on it own can be powered by any gen. Even a 1kva gen van power a 5kva stab, provided u do not plug a load more than 1kva to the stab.

4. Your mikano 100kva gen is a generator just like your 1kva tiger gen. So the difference is just the power. even egbin thermal station or kanji dam Which is the source of our so called nepa light still use generator. Just that it uses a turbine as the prime mover.

And in conclusion. Experience is sometimes worth more than 1000 theories because those theories too are propounded by experiments.

I hope i made a little sense. If you still have more question, dont hesitate to ask.
Beautiful piece right here.

Only this right here gave me the courage to start using my 1000w stabilizer on my 1.8kva generator and it's been working flawlessly, I usually bypass before to power my tabletop fridge on my gen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World / Man Wraps Himself With Snakes / Goat Born In Minna Without Nose And Only One Eye (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.