Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,244 members, 7,825,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Rivers APC Calls Deputy Governor, Ikuru A Traitor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers APC Calls Deputy Governor, Ikuru A Traitor (690 Views)

APC Calls For The Arrest Of APDA Leaders Over Stolen Logo / Akpabio Wins Senatorial Race, APC Calls For Cancellation Of Polls / Tere Ikuru's Defection Shocked Me But He Is Free To Go, Says Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers APC Calls Deputy Governor, Ikuru A Traitor by 1United1: 12:37am On Mar 23, 2015
The ruling party in Rivers State in south-south Nigeria, the All Progressives Congress (APC), has called the Deputy Governor, who defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Sunday, a traitor.

Addressing reporters after the Deputy Governor, Tele Ikuru, announced his defection to the PDP, the chairman of the APC in Rivers State, Davies Ikanya, said Mr Ikuru’s exit will not affect the political fortunes of the party in the forthcoming elections.

The party said his exit was not a surprise as he had always been a PDP member.

Mr Ikanya insisted that Mr Ikuru was not a major stakeholder in the APC, saying he “has been wining and dining with the opposition, which was why the APC refused to give him a major role”.

He described the Deputy Governor as not having the interest of any party at heart, as he was serving his personal interest.

“From inception, we in APC never believed that he was in the APC. After the Governor declared for the APC, it took quite a while for Mr Ikuru to declare for the APC,” Mr Ikanya said.

The Deputy Governor had declared his defection on Sunday, six days to the general elections.

In an address entitled “A Call On The Conscience Of The People of Rivers State”, the Deputy Governor said the address was delivered out of the fullness of his heart.

He said: “Ever since, as the true nature and motives of APC are unveiled, I have continued to twist and turn in extreme mental and emotional agony.

“The more I struggle to belong, the more the Rivers man in me rejects the APC”.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/03/22/rivers-apc-calls-deputy-governor-ikuru-traitor/
Re: Rivers APC Calls Deputy Governor, Ikuru A Traitor by 1United1: 12:39am On Mar 23, 2015
lalalsticlala,
Re: Rivers APC Calls Deputy Governor, Ikuru A Traitor by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 23, 2015
Short prayer for Nigeria ... O Lord let your son GEJ win ...Amen ....and short request to the devil ...Devil you better take you children (APC)back.
Re: Rivers APC Calls Deputy Governor, Ikuru A Traitor by networkgenuis: 12:50am On Mar 23, 2015
APC should take his decamping in good strides so as not to appear as sore losers. After all, they are the highest beneficiary of decamped politicians in Nigeria's political history.

What goes around surely comes around.

1 Like

Re: Rivers APC Calls Deputy Governor, Ikuru A Traitor by jeffizy(m): 12:52am On Mar 23, 2015
"....and the house built upon the rock still stood".

See how the party effortlessly brushed him away. Not like the Godswill saga that saw a Governor slumping from disappointment.
Re: Rivers APC Calls Deputy Governor, Ikuru A Traitor by Riodiao(m): 12:55am On Mar 23, 2015
amaechi na wetin then? patriot. ewu them
Re: Rivers APC Calls Deputy Governor, Ikuru A Traitor by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 23, 2015
let him become a traitor for 5 days and enjoy his upcoming 4yrs in the umbrella of peace and sincerity

won't stop shouting GEJ till my voice cracks
Re: Rivers APC Calls Deputy Governor, Ikuru A Traitor by anonyguy: 1:01am On Mar 23, 2015
I heard he's the brother of PDP vice chairman. So nt surprise of the defection
Re: Rivers APC Calls Deputy Governor, Ikuru A Traitor by Nobody: 1:38am On Mar 23, 2015
1United1:

“The more I struggle to belong, the more the Rivers man in me rejects the APC”.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/03/22/rivers-apc-calls-deputy-governor-ikuru-traitor/

Classic!
Re: Rivers APC Calls Deputy Governor, Ikuru A Traitor by Nobody: 1:39am On Mar 23, 2015
anonyguy:
I heard he's the brother of PDP vice chairman. So nt surprise of the defection
The 21 people that went with him are brothers to who?

(1) (Reply)

INEC Champions League Final (pdp Vs Apc) - 28th March, 2015 / Irate Mob Attacks Jonathan Campaign Coordinator In Jigawa / Nigeria Denies Boko Haram Seized 500 Children.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.