Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

After JAMB UTME: What Next? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / After JAMB UTME: What Next? (1788 Views)

What To Do After JAMB / After JAMB CBT Examination, Expert Describes Ishaq Oloyede As A Bulldozer / What You Need To Do After Jamb Result Is Out [must Read] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After JAMB UTME: What Next? by ShehuAba(m): 7:58am On Mar 23, 2015
The 2015 Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Unified tertiary matriculation Examination (UTME) has officially ended. As it is usual in any examination, some candidates performed very well while others didn’t. Though your good performance in the examination does not guarantee admission but it is a right step in the right direction.
So today I have cheering news for you, which if utilized very well could aid you in getting admitted this year. You might have performed very well in JAMB but is that all? Many candidates have scored better in the past but never got admitted. Thus what are those things you need to focus on, after a successful JAMB UTME EXAMINATION?

Work Harder: The euphoria of UTME should be over by now. The reality needs to dawn on you that you need to work harder to gain admission this year. Gaining admission is not all about scoring high in UTME. You need to focus more on performing better in your Post UTME than you did in JAMB. Because JAMB UTME performance is a means to an end but it is not the end itself.

Learn More About Your School of Choice: The tertiary institution which you chose to study in means a lot. Since each university/ polytechnic/ college of education has its own requirements and mode of entry. This is the time to learn about that, the school's cut-off points, course of study requirements etc. It does not end there; you need to start researching about your school, what it entails, and the best means to get admitted there.

Don’t put all your eggs in one basket: The fact that most candidates end up not gaining admission even after performing well in JAMB and POST JAMB should be a source of concern to you. If you really wish to get admitted this year, you need to explore many opportunities. Many a times, you depend solely on one university/ polytechnic/ college of education, and if you fail to get admitted there become stranded. I personally got admitted into my second choice university despite not getting it in my first choice school. Had it been, I never explored other opportunities of taking the pain to know about my school now, or even stressing myself to write its post utme, perhaps I wouldn’t have been admitted when I did. So, explore other opportunities as you prepare to get admitted this year.

Stay Glued to Naija Inspirational Hub: Naija Inspirational Hub was created to inspire and educate you to greatness. Subscribe to my newsletter and also visit this blog daily. I promise to bring you news updates about different institutions, tips that can make you succeed in your forthcoming post utme examinations, and inspirational articles that will spur you to be the best in whatever you do.

Pray Harder: Never under-estimate the power of prayers in whatever you do especially as you seek to gain admission. The competition out there is stiff with many competent and qualified candidates hoping to get admitted. You need to do what I have highlighted above and also pray harder to be on top of your game. Remember it is neither by your power nor might but with prayer you will surely get there.

On a Final Note:
Gaining admission into any tertiary institution in Nigeria is really a herculean task. The first step you have taken by performing well in your JAMB is a right one in the right direction. Therefore, doing what works is what you need most at this critical time. The tips given above are necessary to guarantee you admission this year.

http://naijainspirationalhub.com/after-jamb-utme-what-next/#more-197
Re: After JAMB UTME: What Next? by Viktoh(m): 8:28am On Mar 23, 2015
Nice one op
Re: After JAMB UTME: What Next? by ShehuAba(m): 8:30am On Mar 23, 2015
Viktoh:
Nice one op

Thanks for dropping by...
Re: After JAMB UTME: What Next? by naijaboiy: 8:35am On Mar 23, 2015
Well written and nicely put.
I know some people who scored very high in their JAMB but they relaxed and it affected them in their Post-Utme. Though they got admitted,,they didn't get their choice course.

On the point of putting all eggs in one basket,,JAMB has really made it difficult for candidates as they can now choose just one institution and no second choice unlike before.
Re: After JAMB UTME: What Next? by ShehuAba(m): 9:04am On Mar 23, 2015
naijaboiy:
Well written and nicely put.
I know some people who scored very high in their JAMB but they relaxed and it affected them in their Post-Utme. Though they got admitted,,they didn't get their choice course.

On the point of putting all eggs in one basket,,JAMB has really made it difficult for candidates as they can now choose just one institution and no second choice unlike before.

Thanks for the insight. I understand that JAMB has even made it more difficult. But students should not because of that depend solely on university alone and forget other institutions. After all, half bread is better than none.

Thanks once more

(1) (Reply)

FG To Harmonise University Grading System / 10 Secrets You Don't Know About Jamb / Common Terms Used In Tasued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.