Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Buhari's People Washing Of Roads After Gej's Visit: Prelude To Another Violence! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's People Washing Of Roads After Gej's Visit: Prelude To Another Violence! (971 Views)

"Niger Delta Loves Buhari, People Think We Hate Him" - Lauretta Onochie / Under Buhari, People Are Just Stealing Left, Right And Centre —buba Galadima / Daura Indigenes Wash Off GEJ's Visit With Water After Leaving Kastina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's People Washing Of Roads After Gej's Visit: Prelude To Another Violence! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 23, 2015
History always repeats itself, and humans always forget. Those who fail to heed the warnings from past mistakes' are ultimately doomed to repeat them. These are trying times!

Those who lost loved ones to the 2011 post-election violence are still grieving. We vowed to never let that happen again, but it seems we only mouthed a vow; we didn't actually take concrete steps to prevent a recurrence. We don't seem to be a learning nation. I have never, and will never support violence; I'm not a violent person. I'm NOT a FANATIC. Politics isn't a do-or-die affair to me; my life is more important to my family and I than the narrow political ambition of ANY person, including that of GEJ whom I support. Its that simple.

WASHING OF ROADS AFTER GEJ's VISIT

President GEJ remains the substantive President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. At least, till May 29th, 2015. And so should be given all the respect and reverence that accompany his office. I was so ashamed and depressed when I saw here on NL how a group of villagers from GMB's town, including women and children, took to the streets and washed the roads through which the President has returned in a fashion so dramatic and uncivilized. They weren't on an environmental exercise; it wasn't some kind of carnival or festival; it was simply a show of utmost resentment and deep hatred for the PERSON of the President. I wonder what he would think or say when the news of such a pathetic display of hatred filtered into his ears. It happened right at the village of GMB!

See the thread here:https://www.nairaland.com/2211752/villagers-buharis-hometown-wash-roads

My message shouldn't be misconstrued as either political or ethnic; I'm aware of the enormous pains and turmoil we shall ALL face if this nation fails. God forbid!

That was the zenith display of hatred. Sometime last month or so, the convoy of the President was stoned by touts at Bauchi and some other Northern states. Some of his campaign vehicles were destroyed by people who cannot have anyone else disagree with their values and opinions. They just cant stand anyone oppose their candidate.

Source:http://naijagists.com/president-jonathan-attacked-again-youths-stoned-gej-convoy-in-jalingo-taraba/

The show of washing is a prelude to what may happen if GMB loses this weekend's presidential elections. Its a grave sign of something sinister. We should take note. Those who have been brainwashed to that level wont hesitate to raise a machete and club to maim or kill any perceived enemy if their boss loses. Its a possibility. To these folks, GMB's presidential bid is a cause; a mission that MUST be fulfilled, and anyone perceived of having scuttled it will be dealt with in a brutal fashion. It happened in 2011. To underestimate the ire of these folks at this moment is to do so at one's peril. They wont go after government institutions; they will kill and destroy. We know their fury!

GMB IN THE SOUTH

GMB enjoys freedom and the absence of insults and public display of hatred. Granted, there have being some skirmishes between supporters of the two parties, it has never gotten to the extent of publicly denigrating or involving in such activities he would see as insulting. The same cant be said of GEJ whenever he visits or campaigns up North.

CONCLUSION

Lets all be careful. Lets desist from acts capable of creating further tension in the land. It was so shameful to read here on NL how APC supports brazenly supported and approved of that shameful display of hatred. Anyone in doubt can visit the thread and see for themselves. If enlightened souls here could laugh and smile at such show of hatred for the President, what do you expect from people who are less enlightened? If those termed educated cannot criticize or outrightly condemn such act, what shall the less educated to? Elections will come and go, but the acts from our momentary madness may last for decades, if not centuries.

Our politician children dey abroad, una dey carry am for head...na una sabi oooo...I don talk my own....

Its a known fact

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's People Washing Of Roads After Gej's Visit: Prelude To Another Violence! by themilanway(m): 2:30pm On Mar 23, 2015
Its people like you that likes to fan the ember of the already heated polity unecessarily.

They washed him off their road/village can only mean one thing,they no longer want him as their president,is that a crime?

He has once been swept away not too long ago when he came to solicit for their votes,why are you and your likes so pained.

Atleast,they weren't paid to carry placard,chant and abuse him,they voluntarily did what they did,which for me,wasn't against the laws of the state.

Enough of all these useless and wolf crying epistle please.
Re: Buhari's People Washing Of Roads After Gej's Visit: Prelude To Another Violence! by espn(m): 2:55pm On Mar 23, 2015
How is it a prelude to violence..it only means he's not wanted even after sharing Nigeria's fortune.
Re: Buhari's People Washing Of Roads After Gej's Visit: Prelude To Another Violence! by dokyOloye: 3:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
Joblessness at its peak.
This is why d north will always be backward until they re-orient themselves.
Which sensible adult will have d time for this rubbish?
Peeps r busy chasing d dime,others r wasting time and energy washing d streets.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's People Washing Of Roads After Gej's Visit: Prelude To Another Violence! by dein77(m): 3:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
dokyOloye:
Joblessness at its peak.
This is why d north will always be backward until they re-orient themselves.
Which sensible adult will have d time for this rubbish?
Peeps r busy chasing d dime,others r wasting time and energy washing d streets.

I agree! An idle mind IS the devil's workshop.
Nature abhors vacuum!
Re: Buhari's People Washing Of Roads After Gej's Visit: Prelude To Another Violence! by Sweetguy25: 3:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
They are washing their stupidity. Buhari has not contributed anything positive to the north since he was born but they treat him like an egg.

It shows their poor level of mental activity

1 Like

Re: Buhari's People Washing Of Roads After Gej's Visit: Prelude To Another Violence! by GODDYGEE91(m): 3:53pm On Mar 23, 2015
Illiteracy at it's peak.
Re: Buhari's People Washing Of Roads After Gej's Visit: Prelude To Another Violence! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
GODDYGEE91:
Illiteracy at it's peak.

You can say that again. But these folks arent illiterates. Anyone who CAN read and write ANY language is deemed to be educated. They are simply brainwashed and indoctrinated with hate and intolerance. That's it sir.
Re: Buhari's People Washing Of Roads After Gej's Visit: Prelude To Another Violence! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 23, 2015
Sweetguy25:
They are washing their stupidity. Buhari has not contributed anything positive to the north since he was born but they treat him like an egg.

It shows their poor level of mental activity

Its part of the wicked indoctrination given them by their leaders. As far as they are concerned, Buhari is their infallible saint. Whether or not he has contributed anything meaningful is immaterial; its a cult following- a herd mentality.
Re: Buhari's People Washing Of Roads After Gej's Visit: Prelude To Another Violence! by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 23, 2015
espn:
How is it a prelude to violence..it only means he's not wanted even after sharing Nigeria's fortune.

Even when Buhari knows he isnt wanted at other states, no one has subjected him to such indignity. You are NOT fair!
Re: Buhari's People Washing Of Roads After Gej's Visit: Prelude To Another Violence! by asadike(f): 7:24pm On Mar 23, 2015
Op, welcome to d world of islamic northerners. You never see anything, wait till gej is declared winner. Pls umu igbo still in d north, come back home,what are u still waiting for? Is it until u end up on a suya steak that u will learn? Please I don't want to lose a single igbo and south southerners to election violence, bikonu.
Re: Buhari's People Washing Of Roads After Gej's Visit: Prelude To Another Violence! by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
asadike:
Op, welcome to d world of islamic northerners. You never see anything, wait till gej is declared winner. Pls umu igbo still in d north, come back home,what are u still waiting for? Is it until u end up on a suya steak that u will learn? Please I don't want to lose a single igbo and south southerners to election violence, bikonu.

I know them. That was exactly the picture I had described here. However, some people are taking these desperate folks for granted.
Re: Buhari's People Washing Of Roads After Gej's Visit: Prelude To Another Violence! by Princess042(f): 8:08pm On Mar 23, 2015
God will help us
Re: Buhari's People Washing Of Roads After Gej's Visit: Prelude To Another Violence! by ndcide(m): 8:54pm On Mar 23, 2015
It is on record the people who started this evil. when we respond hope people will be objective when analysing it.

on the other thread some persons were saying that the hate in Nigeria was transfered from our parents. I told them that was a lie. The hate of today is what will be used to evaluate things. we will not have to quote awolowo, azikiwe , ojukwu, balewa etc. The boko haram and unnecessary hate of today is enough for this generation and the coming ones.

Let's count our teeth with our tongue.

(1) (Reply)

Fayose,gej Pelted With Stone In OAU / Apga's Mega Rally In Aba ...pdp Has No Chance In Aba( Pictures) / Presidential Result.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.