Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

OPINION: What If The Rescheduled Elections Were Postponed Again? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION: What If The Rescheduled Elections Were Postponed Again? (532 Views)

2015 Elections Were Not Perfect – Jega / Edo 2016: APGA Wants Election Postponed again As Labour Candidate Laments / APC Bayelsa Primaries: Sylva Declared Winner Of Rescheduled Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION: What If The Rescheduled Elections Were Postponed Again? by truthispainful: 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2015
What If The Rescheduled Elections Were Postponed Again?

The general elections in Nigeria earlier scheduled for 14 February and 28 were postponed for six weeks after deliberations on the security situation in the northern part of the country as well as the collection of permanent voters cards.

A few days to the election, with rumours that it might be postponed once again, many Naij.com readers took to Facebook to express their attitude to the rumour.

While some supported the move, others expressed discontent with it.

Jude Chukwu says; Unfortunately, the president and his members have lost ideas on how to win ordinary campaign. And believe me, APC are the best option to choose. Whenever they campaign, they make it known to people their plan to properly govern the critical situation facing Nigeria. But the PDP Members, will be busy campaigning based on religious, they will be campaigning based on their achievement including the eradication of “Ebola” in Nigeria. Did I hear them say they did it? No they lied about that because first, praise should go to our Almighty God for his insufficient grace and blessings upon Nigeria. Second, to Ms. Late Stella Adedevoh who discovered the deadly disease on time and make sure the infected are being isolated. And lastly, the governor of Lagos State, Dr Raji Fashola who made sure the deadly virus is being contained and River State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi of River State who also worked tireless to make sure the deadly virus is being contained. PDP members have lost ideas of campaign and the more they accuse GMB, the more the people’s general gain more popularity. Since PDP have started their campaign, they have not mentioned what they plan on doing if eventually they wins. They want people to praise them for wasting 6 years in office. Yet, they clamor they’ve achieved what they promised in 2011. To my fellow igbos reading my write-up, let me remind everyone of you that president goodluck jonathan isn’t the goodluck we want. We want another style of government. Let’s support GMB OF APC. I believe change is possible. Under this present administration of PDP led-government, so many funds have been missing without no trace. It’s unfortunate Nigeria can no longer get loan abroad because we’ve exceeded the limit and yet, there is nothing to show for it. Imagine the most populous country of over 160 million Nigerians are living in abject poverty, unemployment for the graduates and the standard of living is in totally shambles. They claim they’ve done a lot in federal roads but, potholes are visible to the eyes of the citizens. They claim they’ve improve in power supply. Yet, we have just 3,000 megawatts to generate power supply to the whole federation. Why won’t there be unstable power supply? In some area they’ve not experience light for donkey years. While other area, they can’t boast of 3 hours stable power supply. If president jonathan said he met the country filthy when he came into power, that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t work and cleanse the filthiness. Yes, I know people will quote me wrongly after reading this piece of my write-up. But let’s be realistic. What has president jonathan done to warrant the citizen to vote for him?. As soon as he won 2011 election, he introduced the removal of fuel subsidy. But today, the funds accumulated from the subsidy removal have been stolen and no one is been accounted for it. $20B got missing till today, the federal government have swept the case under the carpet. Billions of dollars were approved by the senate for the purchasing of arms to fight Boko Haram insurgents. Till today, boko haram are still killing senselessly. And the military are complaining for not being armed to fight the deadly terrorist sect. When over 200 chibok secondary school girls were kidnap, the president said nobody is missing but when Malala Yousafzai came to Aso Rock,that was when president jonathan knew the girls were actually missing. I don’t write base on sentiment, but I write base on issues that needs urgent address. Truly, Nigerians needs goodluck, myself need goodluck but “Goodluck Jonathan Is Not The Goodluck” We need. I believe in a democracy where a leader, will agree that both stealing and corruption are not welcome. I believe in transparency and integrity. GMB may have been a dictator in 1985 where he jailed corrupt people and during those years, there was no constitution. Now, there is constitution and I know GMB will treat corrupt leaders if elected in a democratic manner. I urge every good citizen of Nigeria reading my write-up, to vote wisely. Don’t Vote Based on Tribes, Don’t Vote Based On Sentiment. But, vote with your conscience. If you feel this government doesn’t deserve another 4 years after they’ve wasted a whooping 6 years, then let’s vote for change. CHANGE IS POSSIBLE. VOTE GMB OF APC. May God Bless The Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

Bolaji Folaranmi Ajibade stressed quoting former president shehu shagari’s statement:
“Buhari did not overthrow my government, its was when those boys that overthrew our government were looking for someone with integrity and honesty to be the head of their government that was when Major Gen. Muhammadu Buhari’s name came in. It was Gen D.Y Bali that mentioned his name, and all of them agreed, Gen Tunde Idiagbon was asked to announce his name when he “Buhari” was not even there, i thought he was in India then for a course. Shagari said this to react to allegations leveled against Buhari that he overthrew democracy and he want to be elected under the same democracy he truncated 32 years ago.

Sunday Oluwarotimi Soyemi says; “Nothing would happen except for some peace protest as to incapability of the present government. By this time many Nigerians with a blinded support for the simple but yet insensitive governmentof Mr president to issues of National interests and development would by then be convinced Nigeria is truly on autopilot. Which must be given all the needed sacrifice a renewed destiny.I pray the election would hold on the dates and Nigerians destiny would not further shift

Iniedu Patrick Jacobson wrote: “Even if election is postpone to April 11th it has already being prophesied and no force on earth can stop it Goodluck Jonathan till 2019.”

Anselem Chinemezu explained that “if it is like the last postponement which was for good of the country, I wont be bothered. They can postpone it again and again if there is a good reason.”

While some readers support the move, and others say do not, a few others say it’s a call for war.

Meanwhile, A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Femi Falana, has warned that the March 28 and April 11 elections may be sabotaged by anti-democratic forces, which could lead the military to stage a coup d’état and set in place an interim government.

READ MORE: http://www.naij.com/404987-what-if-the-rescheduled-elections-were-postponed-again.html
Re: OPINION: What If The Rescheduled Elections Were Postponed Again? by Princecalm(m): 3:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
that is more than enough reason to see how incompetent GED is.
Re: OPINION: What If The Rescheduled Elections Were Postponed Again? by jaybee3(m): 3:32pm On Mar 23, 2015
Too late to postpone it so ain't nothing to worry about
Re: OPINION: What If The Rescheduled Elections Were Postponed Again? by Obinnapat(m): 3:37pm On Mar 23, 2015
Postponement will bring about Tension, more killings and opportunity for military to seize power.

God will not allow it to happen!

Nigeria must decide in 6 days!!!
Re: OPINION: What If The Rescheduled Elections Were Postponed Again? by blackfase(m): 4:04pm On Mar 23, 2015
The head lizard has already promised no more hanky panky. For once, lets hope he's born again hard for d elections & aint messing around.
Sai Buhari.....
Re: OPINION: What If The Rescheduled Elections Were Postponed Again? by guthy: 4:07pm On Mar 23, 2015
That would be dangerous for Nigeria's democracy.

Hmmmmmnn...na wah o! This election is really shaping up to be an interesting contest but really, what else should we expect? NL.. is blocking so much info these days from people! Check my signature for the truth, take action!.

Re: OPINION: What If The Rescheduled Elections Were Postponed Again? by utytill(m): 4:16pm On Mar 23, 2015
nothing will happen.
Re: OPINION: What If The Rescheduled Elections Were Postponed Again? by UrennaNkoli(f): 4:17pm On Mar 23, 2015
That is impossible na...PDP's defeat is inevitable so let them just accept the outcome in good fate.
Re: OPINION: What If The Rescheduled Elections Were Postponed Again? by MCDanselm(m): 4:24pm On Mar 23, 2015
e go sweet o

(1) (Reply)

Zulu King Goodwill Zwelithini Has Called For The Deportation Of Foreign National / Before You Cast Your Vote - How GEJ And PDP Ruined Nigeria / Photo Of Campaign Motocopter Spotted In Uyo Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.