Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,627 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

My Encounter With Buhari - - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Encounter With Buhari - (568 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Meets With Buhari (Photos) / Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) / Checkout This Photo Of Coca-cola Customized With Buhari's Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter With Buhari - by john124(m): 11:03pm On Mar 23, 2015
My ordeals in the hands of Buhari, by Akinfenwa
March 23, 2015

By Oladele Ogunsola / Correspondent, Ibadan

National Chairman of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) and former Commissioner for Education in the old Oyo State, Mojisoluwa Akinfenwa, at the weekend in Ibadan recounted how he and 26 others were thrown into jail for no just cause by the then head of state, Muhammadu Buhari.

He said he and others were incarcerated in a’12’ *’16’ room at the Agodi Federal Prison for one year and nine months.

The octogenarian, who said: “Buhari was a dictator and once a dictator, is always a dictator,” recalled that he and his then political colleagues were jailed for no known reason except that they were politicians.

Akinfenwa said this while addressing some youths at the Oduduwa Frontliners’ Post National Conference Summit held at the Kakanfo Inn, Ibadan.

The lecture titled, ‘Mapping out the future of the Yoruba youth and the Yoruba nation: The National Conference Perspective’, was delivered by Dupe Olatunbosun.

In attendance at the event were the Ondo State Governor, Olusegun Mimiko, and former governorship aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Oyo State, Taoheed Adedoja, among others.

Speaking at the occasion, Akinfenwa harped on the imperative of truthfulness and leading the path of honesty, adding: “I am not a PDP man. I am AD, but when one cries, he should also be able to see.

“For the good of this country, we must elect a good President. There are two options before us. The better one is Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

“Buhari was a dictator. And once a dictator is always a dictator. He showed brutality when he seized power and became the head of state of this country in 1994.

“I was then a Commissioner in the administration of late Chief Bola Ige. I was clamped in prison for no just cause along with 26 others and kept in a 12 by 16 room at the Agodi Prison. We were sleeping on bare floor.

“Among us were the then Ogun State Governor, Chief Olabisi Onabanjo, Ambrose Alli of Bendel, he seized the international passport of Pa Obafemi Awolowo, thus denying him the opportunity of going for overseas’ medical treatment,” Akinfenwa regrettably recounted.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/ordeals-hands-http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/ordeals-hands-buhari-akinfenwa/
Re: My Encounter With Buhari - by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 23, 2015
Wow
Re: My Encounter With Buhari - by Ozigbondu(m): 11:13pm On Mar 23, 2015
KIKIKIKIKI Pa buhari is an ancient dictactor.......GEJ till 2019

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Buhari - by anonyguy: 1:01am On Mar 24, 2015
After stealing money as a commisioner, you're nw telling story that he jailed without no reason.

One thing I like about Buhari is that Nobody has ever condem him of been corrupt. Even fayose, Ffk nd all PDP REAL supporters has never called him a corrupt man.

That alone is enough for me to vote for him

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

MUST READ>>PDP Set To Turn Lagos Into War Zone – APC / Ondo Women Dancing Sekem For The First Lady Of Nigeria / Presidential Race: New Survey Gives Jonathan 17% Lead Over Buhari By Thisdaynews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.