Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today (37741 Views)

Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate / 10 Suits Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification To Be Decided On March 24 / Buhari's Disqualification: Court Orders Service Of Documents On Buhari, INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 11:45am On Mar 24, 2015
jazzydee:

So you are saying you know more than the president of united states? YEye the smell.

The dollar is strengthening againt all currencies so dats not peculiar to nigeria alone you need to learn.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by onlineresources: 11:46am On Mar 24, 2015
May God help our country Nigeria and save us from doom. Amen.
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 24, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:

The dollar is strengthening againt all currencies so dats not peculiar to nigeria alone you need to learn.

In Nigeria's case....due to the drop in oil prices, we don't have enough forex to prop up the Naira.

As a result.....our Naira is weak against the dollar.
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by silvernus0: 11:49am On Mar 24, 2015
I WAS SUPRISED AS TOLD IN LAGOS LASTMA NO LONGER AREST AND EXTORT PEOPLE FOR NO JUST COURSE , POLICE NO LONGER SEIZE OKADA AND ASK DEM TO BRING 10K,5K AS BAIL IN LAGOS BC OF D COMING ELECTION THIS MAKES ME WONDER TO SAY SO D APC GOVERMENT WAS BEHIND ALL DIS SURFING LAGOSIANS FACE??

5 Likes

Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 24, 2015
Listen
to the crappy argument of Buhari defense attorney. Go straight and
show us the authentic cert of Buhari, and u are here whining.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by skentelelady(f): 11:56am On Mar 24, 2015
PLEXPLEX:

R U COHERENT ATALL. THERE IS NEVER A TIME THE JUDICIARY IS INDEPENDENT LIKE UNDER THE THIS PRESENT DISPENSATION.
GMB HAD IN THE PAST CONTESTED ELECTIONS WITHOUT ANY VALID CREDENTIALS N BECAUSE HE IS FOUND OUT NOW, U LL COME OUT WITH LIES? MY FRIEND EITHER LIKE IT OR NOT, THINGS MUST BE DONE RIGHT.
I WISH HE SHALL NOT ONLY BE DISQUALIFIED BUT TO GO TO JAIL TOO FOR COMMITTING PERJURY

What is this one saying and why are you flexing muscles undecided undecided
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by gbengu(m): 11:59am On Mar 24, 2015
If by chance Buhari wins this election, extremely hard times lies ahead for this country.

Definitely, the creeks will go haywire again, Buhari will send the troops to the creeks and together they will set the oil facilities ablaze.

OBJ's use of JTF force could not help as no Oil producing company will risk producing crude and killing staff in a volatile region.

GEJ under Yaradua had to get down to the creeks to to talk to these boys and effect the amnesty program because they found him as a representation in government.

If after GEJ's achievements in almost all sectors, roads, bridges, railways, agriculture, automobile, alamajiri schools, new universities, fertilizer and ghost worker scam elimination, freedom of press, FOI, free and fair elections, power sector. .........etc, he is still booted out. It will be impossible to convince a ND minority albeit a militant that their own was not persecuted out of office. And that will be the theme of the new struggle. The long term solution to this mess is implementing the Confab report and enthroning true federalism.

While these persists, the oil producing companies will simply withdraw their personnel from the volatile region and all foreign investments will seize in all sectors.

And even if the troops kill 90% of the militants, it will take just one militant, a dynamite and just one location along the multi- kilometre trunklines to continue to wreck havoc.

Fast forward to 2019, if we remain one country and without a civil war,, we will be an economic wreck with no allocations and salaries, no capital projects, no hope with dollar exchanging for 400 naira and we are worse off than we were in 2015.

Cos the truth is that without crude proceeds for now, Nigeria is finished.

And then, we'll be screaming another 'Change' because we would have learnt a bitter lesson in the hands of the Fulanis, Tinubu and Saraki.And then we will ask.... Why were we this silly?

And before you quote me, make sure you outline in clear terms how you or Buhari will avert this obvious calamity staring us in the face

Only last week, they creek boys seem to have resumed activities by kidnapping at Yoho facility operated by Exxonmobil and have shut in 80KBD already. Are we ready for this for the next 4 years?

The entire world stands to benefit from a crisis in the Niger delta. Its not a coincidence that USA who abandoned us at the height of bokoharam is busy shouting for change in govt . Crises in the ND will reduce supply of crude to the Oil market and that would drive up the price of crude for producing countries.... But at Nigeria's expense.

Nigerians.... Be Warned!!!

[b][/b]Nice write.

But what do you think if Goodluck Jonathan eventually wins and finishes his 2nd term by 2019, and by then it will be the turn of North or any other person that is not Niger Delta. Will the millitants at the creeks come out? Or accept the faith that the dice as rolled to another region?

Anyway, I trully accept that the confab and the true federalism is the best thing to happen to this nation but believe me we are all deceivng our selves. I think Buhari is more patriotic as president. Jonathan could have been better but it took pressure and a good opposition party to put him on his toes. If he could be more realistic as a president and not at the eleventh hour.

Anyway, my own stand is that things got to change, if not now but soon. I wish another party (APC) emerge at the federal government and let see what they too could offer this nation. Atleast, Nigeria is not meant for PDP alone. Obama that is endorsing someone is only speaking is own opinion and for any nigerian. If not that it has become a tradition to to spend 8 years in govt; that it is the only bases that the Niger Delta/ Minority might use to label their struggle for justice is Jonathan looses.

Anyway anyhow, change is coming and must pass maybe the time is not ripe for APC now but definitely NOT PDP in 2019. We are tired of pdp led government.

Even Obama's country don't become slave for a party more than 8 years either the president is extremely good or bad.

Thanks.
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by brainchild78(m): 12:01pm On Mar 24, 2015
My legal foresight is that the matter will be adjourned to a later date after the general elections so as to enable all parties to adequately prepare their case in conformity with the expressed provisions of section 36 of the 1999 Constitution which guarantees every to a right to a fair trial. however, it should be noted that general buhari will not escape the law where he is found wanting. I support neither candidates but one thing to be noted is that anyone who fetters with the law is not worthy to be voted for. Get ready for change but not the type that apc fanatics are shouting for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by dat9jaguy(m): 12:03pm On Mar 24, 2015
viczing:

E go shock you, cos I belive he's not above the law, and if he's supporters cause violence we will match them equal to equal, cos no one has monopoly for violence, we all have beast in our selves but don't bring it out like touts in the north

Na so e been happen for Rwanda.Are you sure you can stand the heat if it happens.Be careful what you wish for cos if war starts that stipend per
post will stop o.A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by asamaigho(m): 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
Flets:
If by chance Buhari wins this election, extremely hard times lies ahead for this country.

Definitely, the creeks will go haywire again, Buhari will send the troops to the creeks and together they will set the oil facilities ablaze.

OBJ's use of JTF force could not help as no Oil producing company will risk producing crude and killing staff in a volatile region.

GEJ under Yaradua had to get down to the creeks to to talk to these boys and effect the amnesty program because they found him as a representation in government.

If after GEJ's achievements in almost all sectors, roads, bridges, railways, agriculture, automobile, alamajiri schools, new universities, fertilizer and ghost worker scam elimination, freedom of press, FOI, free and fair elections, power sector. .........etc, he is still booted out. It will be impossible to convince a ND minority albeit a militant that their own was not persecuted out of office. And that will be the theme of the new struggle. The long term solution to this mess is implementing the Confab report and enthroning true federalism.

While these persists, the oil producing companies will simply withdraw their personnel from the volatile region and all foreign investments will seize in all sectors.

And even if the troops kill 90% of the militants, it will take just one militant, a dynamite and just one location along the multi- kilometre trunklines to continue to wreck havoc.

Fast forward to 2019, if we remain one country and without a civil war,, we will be an economic wreck with no allocations and salaries, no capital projects, no hope with dollar exchanging for 400 naira and we are worse off than we were in 2015.

And then, we'll be screaming another 'Change' because we would have learnt a bitter lesson in the hands of the Fulanis, Tinubu and Saraki.And then we will ask.... Why were we this silly?

And before you quote me, make sure you outline in clear terms how you or Buhari will avert this obvious calamity staring us in the face

Only last week, they creek boys seem to have resumed activities by kidnapping at Yoho facility operated by Exxonmobil and have shut in 80KBD already. Are we ready for this for the next 4 years?

The entire world stands to benefit from a crisis in the Niger delta. Its not a coincidence that USA who abandoned us at the height of bokoharam is busy shouting for change in govt . Crises in the ND will reduce supply of crude to the Oil market and that would drive up the price of crude for producing countries.... But at Nigeria's expense.

Crap
dose socalled militants will e handled by Buhari squarely. dey can't do Jack.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by Hero10001: 12:39pm On Mar 24, 2015
"Facts don't cease to exist simply because they are ignored"

Emi ko ni so ibo mi nu, mi ko ni fi ibo s'ofo..
Even Obama confirm am, Vote wisely..
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by Hero10001: 12:43pm On Mar 24, 2015
"My People are Senseless, Useless and Indiscipline"
~ GMB (1984)

1 Like

Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by ExInferis(m): 12:49pm On Mar 24, 2015
viczing:

That's good

Wow, totally not the response i was expecting. Typically a nairalander would respond with a snark or worse an insult.

You, sir, are a gentleman.
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 24, 2015
Hero10001:
"My People are Senseless, Useless and Indiscipline"
~ GMB (1984)

Unfortunately true today, as it was in 1984...and Buhari never said that BTW.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by viczing(m): 12:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
dat9jaguy:

Na so e been happen for Rwanda.Are you sure you can stand the heat if it happens.Be careful what you wish for cos if war starts that stipend per
post will stop o.A word is enough for the wise.

The war only happens in ur house
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by olu77(m): 12:56pm On Mar 24, 2015
PLEXPLEX:

R U COHERENT ATALL. THERE IS NEVER A TIME THE JUDICIARY IS INDEPENDENT LIKE UNDER THE THIS PRESENT DISPENSATION.
GMB HAD IN THE PAST CONTESTED ELECTIONS WITHOUT ANY VALID CREDENTIALS N BECAUSE HE IS FOUND OUT NOW, U LL COME OUT WITH LIES? MY FRIEND EITHER LIKE IT OR NOT, THINGS MUST BE DONE RIGHT.
I WISH HE SHALL NOT ONLY BE DISQUALIFIED BUT TO GO TO JAIL TOO FOR COMMITTING PERJURY

Of course the judiciary is independent, it is evident from the number of petty thieves, (who stole as a result of hunger) serving lenghty prison sentences while the real robbers are supporting your man's re-election. You all are suffering and surviving on tokens giving you to shout GEJ till 2019 on Nairaland wait till Buhari becomes president you will be gainfully employed. By then if anybody mention anything that sounds like GEJ near you, you will stone the person.

4 Likes

Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by kaima1984(f): 12:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
MRLINGTON:
Notin will Happen..hes gon contest nd Win

Sai Buhari
in your dream,u will cry with him d 3rd time,GEJ TILL 2019,pa buhari should go and rest or tell us what he forgot in aso rock in mama peace voice

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by kaima1984(f): 12:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
viczing:

E go shock you, cos I belive he's not above the law, and if he's supporters cause violence we will match them equal to equal, cos no one has monopoly for violence, we all have beast in our selves but don't bring it out like touts in the north
gbam
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by Hero10001: 1:01pm On Mar 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Unfortunately true today, as it was in 1984...and Buhari never said that BTW.

Oh i see!
Digest this; https://www.nairaland.com/636175/fela-buhari-beasts-no-nation

https://m.facebook.com/rc1023fm/posts/599786736725540
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by olu77(m): 1:05pm On Mar 24, 2015
marcoNG:

and GEJ is trying to corrct the anomalies bedeviling our country.
If BH is one of them the he too should be subject to correction by legal means even it it means disqualification.

From all available evidence, the person symperthetic to the cause of Boko Haram is the president himself.

Who has all the power but refused to act until it dawn on him he would loose the election?

Who was dancing skelewu even when it was obvious several christian girls have been kidnapped in chibok?

1 Like

Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
Hero10001:

Oh i see!

OK....he said that. And unfortunately true.

Or what do you call the behaviour of someone who nearly ran me over while jumping a red traffic light several months ago ? Disciplined behaviour?

Buhari won't change much if he wins....but he was right then....and still right now. Nigeria needs discipline...and that can come from Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
silvernus0:
I WAS SUPRISED AS TOLD IN LAGOS LASTMA NO LONGER AREST AND EXTORT PEOPLE FOR NO JUST COURSE , POLICE NO LONGER SEIZE OKADA AND ASK DEM TO BRING 10K,5K AS BAIL IN LAGOS BC OF D COMING ELECTION THIS MAKES ME WONDER TO SAY SO D APC GOVERMENT WAS BEHIND ALL DIS SURFING LAGOSIANS FACE??
Maybe you should help us find out why police men now demand PVCs of okada men of Hausa/Fulani extraction when their bikes are seized.
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by Keegan: 1:12pm On Mar 24, 2015
Hero10001:

Oh i see!

https://m.facebook.com/rc1023fm/posts/599786736725540

Many of you are still senseless, useless and indiscipline. That what make your country be like this even after 31 years.
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by kaima1984(f): 1:14pm On Mar 24, 2015
EggovinMma:
Nothing will happen. undecided

This election will hold and buhari will come out victorious!

THE ONLY WAY JONATHAN WILL WIN IS IF HE RIGS! For my area here the northerners are already travelling back home to vote. While the southerners are travelling for wedding, naming ceremony, to fuccck their wives/gF's, burial ceremonies, secure their kids,Some sef don buy fuel keep for supersports and telemundo etc grin grin.

When I say rigging here, I mean massive rigging!
traveling out of "FEAR "not to vote for buhari,dey thought we have got a devilish mind like dem,so sorry to disappoint u my dear,we travel f pleasure n safety like u said bc we are nt stupid like northern idiots, meanwhile be it massive rig or nt all way NA way,d sad truth is dat no election in 9ja has been credible and it will not change now,GEJ till 2019
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by beey2(m): 1:15pm On Mar 24, 2015
silvernus0:

LET ME GIVE IT BACK TO YOU IN YOUR OWN COIN SINCE GMB IS YOUR ONLY NIGHTMARE .

TRY TO TAKE ONE WAY ON ANY OF LAGOS MAJOR ROAD AND SEE IF YOU'LL NOT BE APPREHENDED BY LASTMA.

TELL ME WHO CONTROL THE NIGERIA POLICE. LET ME REMIND YOU THAT LAGOS IS NOT THE SAME AS THE WHOLE OF NIGERIA. YOU SO GOOFED MR MAN BECAUSE YOUR SITTING PRESIDENT'S TIME IS UP.

DON'T BE SCARED IT IS GMB = GENERAL MARCH 4 BUHARI.

EMBRACE PEACEFUL, CREDIBLE, FREE AND FAIR ELECTION USING TECH (PVC & CARD READER)

IT'S TIME TO CHANGE AND APC IS CHANGE.

PEACE TO NIGERIA.
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by kaima1984(f): 1:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
marcoNG:

society not governed by law is a jungle.
that's d nonsense change they cared for.
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by Hero10001: 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:

OK....he said that. And unfortunately true.

Or what do you call the behaviour of someone who nearly ran me over while jumping a red traffic light several months ago ? Disciplined behaviour?

Buhari won't change much if he wins....but he was right then....and still right now. Nigeria needs discipline...and that can come from Nigerians.
Bushdoc, you've said it all "Buhari won't change"
He's no messiah.

Why do you go away? So that you
can come back. So that you can see the place
you came from with new eyes and extra
colors. And the people there see you
differently, too. Coming back to where you
started is not the same as never leaving.
Terry Pratchett

The world as we have created it is a
process of our thinking.
It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.
Albert Einstein

Life is a series of natural and
spontaneous changes.
Don't resist them; that
only creates sorrow.
Let reality be reality. Let
things flow naturally "FORWARD" in whatever
way they like -
Lao Tzu.

No going back, say no to 1961 basterrrds.

May God grant him the strength to bear the loss.
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by akanbiaa(m): 1:27pm On Mar 24, 2015
Flets:

Maitatsine were more deadlier than the militants and Buhari finished them off so he will finish off boko haram and any militant that feels he is above the law and nothing will happen as for the foreign oil companies they have nothing to fear because under Buhari the Military And security agencies will be strengthened and will be the chase the last criminal and apprehend them no matter under any guise they come and Nigeria will be respected again, so many unemployed capable graduate and high corruption rate and you want us to vote Jonathan because of fear of what the militants will do, who are the militants are they ready to die for their cause or they are just greedy/lazy opportunist and low life criminals that have been upgraded by a weak and divisive president. fear is the last thing on the mind of any one who wishes Nigeria well now, so let the militants do their worst and boko haram and they shall get 10 folds so much that they shall never commit crime in their lives again if they survive Alive.
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by MRLINGTON(m): 1:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
danielmichael:

Hw will he win wen yu just failed in yur eng language.dis is hw all those apc gays and knuckle-draggers fail in thier exams and not bliving in education and not having certificates.

Uhmmm Wats d wrong English?? Mr. ITK...where do u even skul??

Oluwawa noro ni
GEJ till boko haram kill buhari,thier master in chief of boko harams
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by Hero10001: 1:36pm On Mar 24, 2015
Keegan:

Many of you are still senseless, useless and indiscipline. That what make your country be like this even after 31 years.
Hahahaha, so you believed in that animal in human skin quote?? Oya clap for yaself!!

Btwn, Nigeria is growing fast! And we are proud of our green Nigeria (the giant of Africa)

Where was your country at 55 years old?
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by firfinch(m): 1:39pm On Mar 24, 2015
GEJ #OurJonacontinue God is solidly behind you. #VoteGEJ for #Transformationcontinuity
Re: Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today by peleson: 1:40pm On Mar 24, 2015
kheart:
PDP know dey re just chasing shadows. Nothing go happen and all progressives no dey shake.

Na when NL censor PDP-I-Gs tongue @mods
Slave!
PDP didn't take buhari to court! Concerned Citizens did

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos: Obasanjo And Buhari Meet In Abuja / Habibat Lawal: The New Acting SGF Appointed By Buhari (Photo) / Ortom: Governor Bala Mohammed Is A Fulani Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.