Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Angelina Jolie Was Forced Into Menopause At Age 39 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Angelina Jolie Was Forced Into Menopause At Age 39 (1893 Views)

I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar / Old And Single Nigerian Celebrities, Despite Menopause Calling (Pics) / Angelina Jolie At The AU Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angelina Jolie Was Forced Into Menopause At Age 39 by esthergbemi: 9:41am On Mar 24, 2015
Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie has revealed she has undergone surgery to remove her ovaries and fallopian tubes to avoid getting cancer.

The star, 39, says that her mother Marcheline Bertrand died when she was 49 and wanted to take the action now.

Her operation now puts her into forced menopause.

Mum-of-six Angelina says that she had been planning the preventative surgery for a while but two weeks ago she was told by her doctor that there were a “number of inflammatory markers that are elevated.”

This, he said could be a sign of early cancer.

After calling husband Brad Pitt, who was in France at the time she got the diagnosis, she underwent the procedure, a laparoscopic bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy.

Angelina now says she is in forced menopause, aged just 39, and she won’t be able to have anymore children.

But, she says that now she her children won’t be able to say their mother died of ovarian cancer.

I feel feminine, and grounded in the choices I am making for myself and my family. I know my children will never have to say, “Mom died of ovarian cancer.”

http://bunmisimplesblog.com/angelina-jolie-was-forced-into-menopause-at-the-age-of-39/
Re: Angelina Jolie Was Forced Into Menopause At Age 39 by ATMC(f): 9:44am On Mar 24, 2015
This is what I call renewed mind.
Re: Angelina Jolie Was Forced Into Menopause At Age 39 by ATMC(f): 9:45am On Mar 24, 2015
kunletiwoosmiley
Re: Angelina Jolie Was Forced Into Menopause At Age 39 by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 24, 2015
After the breast surgery? This woman doesn't take chances. Wish Nigerian leaders had the same attitude.
Re: Angelina Jolie Was Forced Into Menopause At Age 39 by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 24, 2015
ATMC:
kunletiwoosmiley

ATMC!!! Where have you been? shocked shocked shocked cheesy
Re: Angelina Jolie Was Forced Into Menopause At Age 39 by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 24, 2015
What happened to word be fruitful and multiply undecided
Re: Angelina Jolie Was Forced Into Menopause At Age 39 by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 24, 2015
WARRIBLOOD:
What happened to word be fruitful and multiply undecided

Wetin mother of 6 wan multiply for again?

1 Like

Re: Angelina Jolie Was Forced Into Menopause At Age 39 by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 24, 2015
vfactor:

Wetin mother of 6 wan multiply for again?
More children nae cheesy
Remember we are Abraham generation
Re: Angelina Jolie Was Forced Into Menopause At Age 39 by simdam500(m): 10:47am On Mar 24, 2015
WARRIBLOOD: What happened to word be fruitful and multiply undecided

Did u read the part where they mentioned "mother of six"...

What other multiplication does she still needs? undecided
Re: Angelina Jolie Was Forced Into Menopause At Age 39 by ATMC(f): 12:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
kunletiwoo:

ATMC!!! Where have you been? shocked shocked shocked cheesy
thats my line...#pouts#smiles what's up na?
Re: Angelina Jolie Was Forced Into Menopause At Age 39 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
ATMC:
thats my line...#pouts#smiles what's up na?
I dey oo, I don miss you here tho. Sure you are good? smiley
Re: Angelina Jolie Was Forced Into Menopause At Age 39 by ATMC(f): 8:07pm On Mar 24, 2015
kunletiwoo:
I dey oo, I don miss you here tho. Sure you are good? smiley
very.#noddingandsmiling...can u do that? like nodding and smiling at the same time?
Re: Angelina Jolie Was Forced Into Menopause At Age 39 by chukslawrence(m): 8:46pm On Mar 24, 2015
Hmm
Re: Angelina Jolie Was Forced Into Menopause At Age 39 by Nobody: 2:04am On Mar 25, 2015
ATMC:
very.#noddingandsmiling...can u do that? like nodding and smiling at the same time?

Lol! Nothing is impossible. You know? cheesy
Re: Angelina Jolie Was Forced Into Menopause At Age 39 by ShirelleBaby: 7:29am On Mar 25, 2015
kunletiwoo:

Lol! Nothing is impossible. You know? cheesy
angry
Re: Angelina Jolie Was Forced Into Menopause At Age 39 by Nonybb: 8:01am On Mar 25, 2015
So disgusting to go through all these knives and still say it

(1) (Reply)

Maheeda Goes Completely Naked In Ikeja / Did You Know That Taraji Penda Henson Is From Cameroon? - Photos / 51 Year Old Actress Stuns In A Bikini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.