Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,280 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja (75143 Views)

The Proposed Umueri International Cargo Airport: 8 Facts To Note / Ukrainian Embassy Visa Interview / • • •Tips On Getting A US VISA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
OP,what are the required documents when applying for a student visa?
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Sike(m): 6:32pm On Mar 24, 2015
God bless the poster
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by DrMuzoic: 7:19pm On Mar 24, 2015
Ensure you understand why you are traveling and be ready to answer questions to that effect. It doesn't matter if it's your first time of traveling out of Nigeria as long as you have a genuine reason. Don't just apply for visa to try your luck or because others are applying.

At the interview venue, be composed and confident. Don't appear desperate. Avoid asking fir tips from those that gave been interviewed. Your attitude speaks better than your words

You can't be over prepared when it comes to having documents supporting your claims as you don't know which one will be asked for

There is no standard interview lines as the consular Officer treats each applicant differently. Just be yourself

Ensure information on the DS 160 form is complete and true. If you can't complete it yourself you can ask for help but please don't lie on the form because unlike Nigeria US keeps record and you don't want your lie coming against you in the future.

Don't always depend on people to do somethings for you and don't ever believe the process is difficult or tedious, you can do it yourself

Above all pray for favour

10 Likes

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 24, 2015
This is long story. Just have a genuine reason for travelling, a steady job and decent savings. No 'commission based' jobs.

I particularly detest no. 6. Do not be ready to tip anyone. Na your money, not theirs. Its this attitude that makes them so ballsy when asking for a tip.
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by anderson1212: 7:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
I went to embassy last year November I wanted to travel to maimi Florida with my mum and my elder sister for tour but those bastards just told us we should try again later and her bank statement was good enough for us to travel we are going back again on july..i just pray they allow me this time..when I even even there I pity one guy who want to study abroad he begged and cried the oyinbo just they look am say way thing consign am but y is those white. At embassy so wicked and heartless .

1 Like

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by samhay: 7:47pm On Mar 24, 2015
Op,Did you enter with her for translation?
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by femofiboy(m): 7:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
I wanna ask a question plz pals.... a frnd of mine went for d visa interview on d 19th of did month and was rescheduled for insufficient documentation so wat is his faith if he leta show d evidence needed?
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by beeyee: 8:00pm On Mar 24, 2015
I was at the lagos embassy, it's not rowdy
. This is just to correct the impression that you and others might have.
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by manny4life(m): 8:28pm On Mar 24, 2015
cyril83:

Still waiting for your response, i wouldn't like to miss my chance.

cyril83:

Okay. I make my offer, how much ?

Sorry I was busy with work... Ehen, but you haven't made any offer na... grin grin

You got to give me a #... As in digits.
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by MightyFortress: 9:04pm On Mar 24, 2015
Useful.
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Lionize: 9:08pm On Mar 24, 2015
samhay:
Op,Did you enter with her for translation?

yes o! I did. I told them she speaks her native dialect.
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by StepG: 9:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
hijodedios:

Your going to kenya and ghana to them is not travelling outside. grin grin
If you havent traveled to any european country before then just say NO when they ask if you have traveled outside the country before.
I wonder why u people are overflogging the issues whether u traveled to any country or not they can always find the truth from your passport so no need lie just tell them the truth.u might be Surprise to see it approve even on virgin passport.

2 Likes

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Lionize: 10:50pm On Mar 24, 2015
beeyee:
I was at the lagos embassy, it's not rowdy
. This is just to correct the impression that you and others might have.

OK Sir.
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by uzhi(m): 7:34am On Mar 25, 2015
U try man, i was denied based on your no 5 and the response i got was sorry u dnt have the basic requirement to enter united state of america. That was last year feb.
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by cyril83(m): 12:18pm On Mar 25, 2015
manny4life:

Sorry I was busy with work... Ehen, but you haven't made any offer na... grin grin

You got to give me a #... As in digits.

Cyrillawal83 at gmail dot com.
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by shawlar55: 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hi every1, plz can som1 put me tru abt tourist visa?
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by daddiesfood: 10:56am On Feb 25, 2017
Hi
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by daddiesfood: 11:02am On Feb 25, 2017
Hello friends, please can someone put me through to this ... i attended my second interview and the last question was, what is my life change after i was refused the first visa in my first interview? please i need your urgent respond to this.
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by daddiesfood: 11:05am On Feb 25, 2017
Hello friends, please can someone put me through to this ... i attended my second interview and the last question was, what is my LIFE CHANGE after i was refused the first visa in my first interview? please i need your urgent respond to this
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by helper61: 10:05am On Mar 22, 2017
Great experiences shared by everyone. If you want to read more US visa experiences, I found this website very helpful. Learn and share!

https://visatrack.co/

1 Like

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by babytejiri(m): 10:23am On Jul 26, 2017
Victoriousvic:

Maybe You've quickly forgotten about Nairaland's Data loss. tongue

Whenever you are ready, the first step would be to find out how to fill the US DS-160 visa application form.
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by robminds: 10:34am On Aug 03, 2017
Lionize:

I love this info. thanks
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by robminds: 10:41am On Aug 03, 2017
cyril83:

Travelling history is a bonus. That black american girl is a witch, she doesn't issue visa.
Inferiority complex is what makes a man too high handed. I think she feels inferior and wants to create some virtual superiority.
my 2kobo
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by robminds: 10:47am On Aug 03, 2017
Please, i want to know, is it just the visa application fee of N31,200 that you will pay ? and are you to pay any other fees thereafter when successful? this is for all who know pls answer me now! thanks
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Lionize: 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2017
robminds:

I love this info. thanks

I love that you love it.

1 Like

Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Lionize: 1:41pm On Aug 16, 2017
robminds:
Please, i want to know, is it just the visa application fee of N31,200 that you will pay ? and are you to pay any other fees thereafter when successful? this is for all who know pls answer me now! thanks

Nothing else to pay Bro. Except courier money if you are successful.
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by Embaszy(m): 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2017
When ask if I've been to other countries before? Are you saying the right response is to remain silent
Re: Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja by africanjarule: 10:37am On Jan 05, 2018
Thanks for the info, please am planning to travel to us and i have never travelled to any country before. Does it mean that for those who have never traveled to any country before cannot be grant visa?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering / See The Road I Saw In Orlu Imo State Today - Photos / Dole-Kaina: The Border Town Where Nigeria, Niger And Benin Republics Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.