Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

How Do Audio/visual Aids Help In Business Communication? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How Do Audio/visual Aids Help In Business Communication? (1583 Views)

BIC TECHNOLOGIES... HOME OF SECURITIES & AUDIO VISUAL AUTOMATION / It's All About Audio Visual Products On Www.audiovisualstore.com.ng / Why Companies Must Backup Their Data To Stay In Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do Audio/visual Aids Help In Business Communication? by Projectors(m): 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
Audio/video aids in business communication and training help in numerous ways. Each individual understands and retains information differently, which is why professional training organizations use multiple audio and visual tools during presentation sessions. This type of session is commonly known as a "multimedia presentation," which can include written, visual, auditory and sometimes interactive methods.

Information Retention

According to the U.S. Department of Labor OSHA Office of Training and Education, "retention of information three days after a meeting or other event is six times greater when information is presented by visual and oral means than when the information is presented by the spoken word alone." The combination of sight and sound, along with written handouts is a necessary component of information retention, and can be found in most every experienced training organization.

Visual Aids And Time Saving

Using visual aids can save your business time, especially if the subject contains information that may be too lengthy for written or oral communication. Pie charts, graphs, diagrams, photographs, video shorts and animation can often help explain subject matter quickly, and in a manner that is more easily absorbed by the learner. Time is valuable in every organization, so the importance of timely and effective implementation of training and communication should be a prime consideration. Visual aids can include projectors, flip charts, models, white boards or any combination thereof.

Auditory Aids

The type of auditory aid used in your multimedia presentation is most likely based on your budget, but the effectiveness of each type must be considered. Live speakers that are experienced in adult learning concepts and have working knowledge of the subject, offer an interactive experience. If a point or concept is not clear, the trainer is present to answer questions and go into further detail. Live trainers also serve to add personality to the program, and can provide individual attention to persons or groups if needed. Prerecorded voices used in presentations may seem cost-effective and get the job done, but there is no guarantee that the communication was fully understood.

Handouts

Handouts serve to reinforce oral and visual components, and can go into further detail if desired or warranted. Handouts allow participants to follow along with presented information, make notes, formulate questions or refer to key points in the future as a "refresher course." For individuals who learn more effectively by reading than other means, handouts are an important part of business training and communication. Adding short quizzes and "fill in the blank" sections to handouts helps reinforce to material, and engages the participants in the process.

Importance of Engagement

Using multiple mediums during presentations can help individuals and groups to interact and become part of the session. Persons who are engaged in the process tend to retain and understand information more effectively, and are less prone to inattentiveness. Participation in games, Q&A sessions, team and whole-group activities not only breaks up the monotony, but encourages and reinforces learning, management and team building skills. Employees that are engaged in the process of business training and communication are better equipped to put information to use in real-life business situations.

Re: How Do Audio/visual Aids Help In Business Communication? by Projectors(m): 12:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
Frequently Asked Questions About Projector Lamp Problems
Lamp Problems

Although it is sometimes called a projector bulb, the part of the projector responsible for emiting light is actually a bulb and housing in one, and is better known as a projector lamp. A projector lamp is more like a car headlight than a regular light bulb. Projector lamps, like air filters, can often be replaced by the owner. Check your owner's manual or call or email our customer service staff for more information.

Q:
My projector seems to be functioning properly but the no light is produced.

A:
Remove the lamp from the projector. Ensure that it has no cracks, discoloration or "smoky" appearance. It may have blown out.

Q:
My lamp looks fine but the projector does not light. I notice a "clicking" sound coming from the projector when I turn it on.

A:
That could be the sound of your lamp ballast attempting to ignite the lamp but is unable. It is recommended that you try removing and reseating the lamp, or to try another lamp.

Q:
I just replaced my lamp but I am still not getting any light from my projector.

A:
Here are a few things to try:
Reset your lamp timer. Most projectors have no way of knowing if you physically have replaced your lamp. They rely on the user resetting the lamp timer.
Pull the lamp back out of the unit, give is a brisk shake and reseat the lamp. Occasionally there is some buildup on the lamp contacts or filament during manufacturing.

Q:
I was watching a movie last night and I heard a loud pop! After inspecting my projector, it seems my lamp has shattered. There is glass inside of the projector itself, what should I do?

A:
It is not entirely uncommon for lamps to fail prematurely in an abrupt manner. This is commonly due to a weakness in the glass, caused during manufacturing, and would typically cause the lamp to explode within the first few uses. It is recommended that you place your projector on some newspaper or paper towels on your table or workbench. Carefully remove the lamp housing and place it in a small box or sturdy paper bag. Flip the projector right side up and gently shake it from side to side over the paper towels or newspaper to get all the small glass fragments out. One or two small pieces left in the projector usually will not cause any future problems. If your lamp has failed in this manner, it may be covered under a lamp warranty with the manufacturer. At your earliest convenience, call the customer service group at Projector People to verify if a warranty exchange is available.

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used Dell Latitude D830 For Sale / Check Out My New Phone I Bought From Gpik79(pictures Included) / MSI GE72MVR GTX 1070 8G Dedicated i7 7th generation 16g ram, 128SSD + 1TB HDD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.