Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Why Women Stay In Abusive Relationships - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Women Stay In Abusive Relationships (919 Views)

5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship / Abusive Man Beats Wife, Wife's Fit Male Gym Buddies Beat Him Up Too In Revenge / Reasons Why Women Walk Out Of A Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Women Stay In Abusive Relationships by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 24, 2015
Subtitle: Why Women Endure Domestic Violence.

sad

In Africa, this seems to be a norm. Many husbands live as though they've got no conscience, no heart, no nothing and it hurts.

You lay hands on your wife like she is a punching bag? Haba!

The woman is trying to make the marriage work while the man is busy sleeping around with the alibi that, "men are polygamous in nature". Well, she can't fight him physically so she stay put for the reasons I'm about to mention.

1.SURVIVAL: Fear about her own and her children’s safety if she leaves.

.2.ECONOMIC DEPENDENCE: Can she survive on one income?

3.FEAR: Of being alone, fear that she cannot cope with home and children by herself.

4.PARENTING: Wanting a father for the children.

5.RELIGION:Pressure to keep the family together.

.6.FAMILY: Extended family pressure to keep the family together.

7.LOYALTY: If he had cancer, she’d stick by him.

8.RESCUE: If she stays, she can “save” him and help him “get better.”

9.FEAR OF HIS SUICIDE: He says he’ll kill himself if she leaves.

10.DENIAL“It’s really not so bad.”

11.LOVE: She loves him, and he is quite often loving and lovable when he’s not being abusive. sad

12.IDENTITY:Many women feel that they need a man in order to be complete.

13.SHAME, EMBARRASSMENT AND HUMILIATION:She doesn’t want anyone to know.

14.LOW SELF-ESTEEM: After years of being criticized by her abuser, she believes that it must be her fault, she must deserve it, she’ll never find anyone better, “a little love is better than no love at all.”

15. SEX ROLE: “That’s just the way men are.”

Honestly, as I was editing this piece of article I ran into, I was moved...embarassed

Women are unique and fragile. God had to command: Do not be bitter against them.

Men and Guys, love your woman. Without them the world is boring.

Men, reconcile with your wife. Run away from that side chick. She's there to destroy the peace in your home. If you're the kind of man that discusses your wife with your family member... I pity you sha. Nothing good ever come out from that!

Love her and show it. Respect and honour her. Don't yell at her as though she has committed one crime for not adding enough sugar in your tea. Remember you once called her, "The Sugar in my tea."

In conclusion, if she chooses to stay then she has to be patient as she couples it with prayer.
If it becomes unbearable, it is expedient she is separated from him for a season.

1 Share

Re: Why Women Stay In Abusive Relationships by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 24, 2015
So how should those women leave or at least cope with such abusive relationship?
Re: Why Women Stay In Abusive Relationships by Acekidc4(m): 6:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
Na them Sabi na!!!
Re: Why Women Stay In Abusive Relationships by ijustdey: 6:42pm On Mar 24, 2015
they stay because they don't know that they do have options
Re: Why Women Stay In Abusive Relationships by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 24, 2015
You have summed it up already. Nothing to add.
Re: Why Women Stay In Abusive Relationships by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
Now you've help identify a problem.
How about the options: What should they do?

Write an article. List or give them their options.
# Or this article is as good as garri without **** tongue
Re: Why Women Stay In Abusive Relationships by Infomizer(m): 7:20pm On Mar 24, 2015
One word: dependence!

That's why!!

Re: Why Women Stay In Abusive Relationships by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 24, 2015
Aprime:
Now you've help identify a problem.
How about the options: What should they do?

Write an article. List or give them their options.
# Or this article is as good as garri without **** tongue

Didn't you read the conclusion??
Re: Why Women Stay In Abusive Relationships by Mathematical(f): 10:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
You want satisfying definition of a woman? Nah.. we women understand ourselves better tongue..majority of women tend to stay put on abusive affairs coz of the seed (children )..it's actually a zero tolerance if such isn't involved, finance, fear,self esteem and all what emusmith stated above is actually not true.. the dividend of marriage is actually the seed..
Re: Why Women Stay In Abusive Relationships by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:40pm On Mar 24, 2015

I know part the OP is in a bid to score brownie points from the females. Well, good luck with that.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Stay In Abusive Relationships by tosyne2much(m): 11:45pm On Mar 24, 2015
Mathematical:
You want satisfying definition of a woman? Nah.. we women understand ourselves better tongue..majority of women tend to stay put on abusive affairs coz of the seed (children )..it's actually a zero tolerance if such isn't involved, finance, fear,self esteem and all what emusmith stated above is actually not true.. the dividend of marriage is actually the seed..
Where have you been all this while ? I have been looking for you as if my life revolve around you cool

**No-woman-wrappering**
Re: Why Women Stay In Abusive Relationships by tosyne2much(m): 11:46pm On Mar 24, 2015
Welcome back Emusmith

Nice write-up
Re: Why Women Stay In Abusive Relationships by SAMBARRY: 11:53pm On Mar 24, 2015
I have no pity whatsoever for any woman still staying with an animal. If she enjoys the violence, good luck to her. If she wants to die there more grease to her elbow. Even if you type 50reasons there will still be some eran iyas that will still stay there. More evidences abound by posters above me

next
Re: Why Women Stay In Abusive Relationships by Nobody: 4:34am On Mar 25, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

I know part the OP is in a bid to score brownie points from the females. Well, good luck with that.

Really? I have seen it happen and it hurts!

You're there saying "Brownie points"
When did I start caring what females or anyone think about my threads

Smh

1 Like

Re: Why Women Stay In Abusive Relationships by Nobody: 4:34am On Mar 25, 2015
tosyne2much:
Welcome back Emusmith

Nice write-up

Thnx bro

(1) (Reply)

Adult Literacy Home Tutors / Who Is Unfair / Governor Elruffai Celebrates Wife As She Turns 55. Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.