Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,329 members, 7,867,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:18 AM

Obasanjo :nigeria Don’t Go The Way Cote D ‘ivoire Way - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo :nigeria Don’t Go The Way Cote D ‘ivoire Way (317 Views)

Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria / Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters / Don’t Go Abroad For Medicare Throughout Your Four Years – LP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo :nigeria Don’t Go The Way Cote D ‘ivoire Way by teeebugs: 7:52am On Mar 25, 2015
Obasanjo warned that Nigeria should not go way of the Cote d ‘Ivoire after that country’s last presidential election.

“I said it. This is what they had in Cote d’ Ivoire that led them to a very serious problem; not issue of religion, not issue of tribe, not issue of section but issues of unity of this country. The hate campaign that we have embarked upon now, I hope this will be the last time in the history of this country that we will have this type of campaign of hatred or division.

“I think the emphasis should be on what unite us, not what divide us.”

The former president urged the women to always play their role well when things do not work well for the citizens.

“When things are going wrong, if women don’t act, things will continue to go wrong because you have ability to act. The men who invariably make things to go wrong are your fathers, your husbands, your sons, you sons-in-law, and with your husbands. You can have pillow talk, but when things are going wrong and you do not talk or act, you will also be the greatest victim at the end of the day because it will have effect on your children and would have a direct effect on you, and will have the effect on all of us,” he noted.

Obasanjo said Nigeria should not just be the largest country in Africa but should serve as role model to other nations.

“It shouldn’t be – we are the largest country in Africa, we should be a model, setting examples, we shouldn’t be drawing Africa backward. I hope we will not. I hope at the end of this exercise, we would be where we should be, leading Africa and showing examples for the rest of Africa and indeed the rest of the world,” Obasanjo stated.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/03/obasanjo-nigeria-dont-go-the-way-cote-d-ivoire-went-after-their-last-presidential-election/

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Don't Need To Die For Any Politician / Jonathan And Buhari Sign Another Peace Deal / APC nigeria PLEDGE!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.