Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,315 members, 7,839,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

North East Ready To Vote For Buhari – Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North East Ready To Vote For Buhari – Atiku (662 Views)

Armed Soldier Preaching In A Military Church In North East / Buhari, Atiku At Ogbonnaya Onu’s Book Launch Today (Photos) / Checkout This Hilarious Caption That Accompanies This Photo Of Buhari & Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

North East Ready To Vote For Buhari – Atiku by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
Former Vice-President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, yesterday said the North-East is ready to vote en mass for the APC presidential candidate, retired General Muhammadu Buhari. Atiku spoke at the North East final zonal rally in Bauchi, saying the zone was taking its destiny in its hands by voting for Buhari to bring an end to its sufferings.

He said the zone had been subjected to total neglect leading to abject poverty among the people, adding that the zone lacks good housing, good roads, schools and hospitals among other things. He said the region had the third largest population of eligible voters in Nigeria and second in the North, and called on the people to vote out the PDP. Buhari has a lot of work to do in the zone if he wins the election, Atiku said.

Yobe State Governor Alhaji Ibrahim Gaidam noted that majority of the youth in the zone had no jobs, adding that the rate of unemployment in the zone was overwhelming. Gaidam therefore urged the people to vote en-mass for the APC. Addressing the rally, General Buhari declared that the problems facing the zone were not only restricted to the zone but were Nigeria’s problems, and urged the people to vote massively for the APC.

Buhari said the PDP had subjected Nigerians to untold hardships in the past 16 years, adding the most of the national monuments had been run aground by the ruling party. He said the only option left for Nigerians to salvage themselves from the misrule of the PDP is not to allow the party to come back again, appealing to the electorate to vote for all APC candidates in the elections. Buhari advised the people not to be provoked into taking the laws into their own hands. He urged Nigerians to come out and maintain the peace during and after the elections, saying, “Don’t carry any weapons to the polling units and don’t let anyone intimidate you.”

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/50379-north-east-ready-to-vote-for-buhari-atiku
Re: North East Ready To Vote For Buhari – Atiku by mikhaildr(m): 5:38pm On Mar 25, 2015
Has he not been in PDP for more than 10 years?
I dislike hypocrite. Whatever state Nigeria is in Atiku has some fractions of blame too. I'm a supporter of Buhari not APC. APC is just another PDP to me, but in the General I trust.
#ihavedecided.[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
Re: North East Ready To Vote For Buhari – Atiku by Mogidi: 5:44pm On Mar 25, 2015

1 Like

Re: North East Ready To Vote For Buhari – Atiku by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 25, 2015
Re: North East Ready To Vote For Buhari – Atiku by egift(m): 7:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
This Change is Unstoppable. Sai Buhari.

(1) (Reply)

Clear Difference Between Pa Awolowo (UPN) And Tinubu (APC) / My Final Plea For Buhari / My President Is Been Humble And Liberal, A Rare And True Leaders Last Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.