Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,442 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

The Plot To Impeach Me Still Ongoing – Elechi. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Plot To Impeach Me Still Ongoing – Elechi. (317 Views)

Violent Protests Still Ongoing In Akure And Ondo Townships(pics) / APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike / I’m Afraid Saraki May Impeach Me – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Plot To Impeach Me Still Ongoing – Elechi. by mercyville: 6:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
Governor Martins Elechi of Ebonyi State on Wednesday said those sponsoring the plot to remove him from office have not reneged.
Elechi stated this while addressing youths who paid him a solidarity visit at the State Government House.
The governor told the youth that the political crisis in the state began after the Peoples Democratic Party primaries last November, which he said was faulty leading to the divisions in the party and emergence of unknown party – Labour Party.
He alleged that those who burnt the state House of Assembly did so to cover their illicit deeds, “and then turned round to point accusing fingers to others.”
Elechi, however, said he was not afraid of those plotting his removal, as he was only answerable to Ebonyi people.
He said, “If I misbehave, I should be answerable, but not when people see a political goal and the only way to achieve that political goal is to remove me. They decide to remove me before they look for reasons to adduce to convince the public that I should be removed.
“The impeachment battle is still raging and I know the feelings of Ebonyi people. If not that we appealed to them to douse the tension, Ebonyi State would have been on fire by now.”
Elechi also said that those plotting to remove him from office were panicking and doing all sorts of things to arrest events in the state. “But that is possible and we remain unstoppable because it is the will of the people that is manifesting,” he added.
Meanwhile, the youth called on the Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Chukwuma Nwazunku, to apologise to Ebonyi indigenes for inciting other lawmakers in the impeachment plot against Elechi.
“If he failed to apolgise to Ebonyi people for instigating the impeachment plot in the House, then we would have no option but to ensure he is punished adequately,” the National President of Nigeria Youth Organisation, Okorie Okorie, said.http://www.punchng.com/news/the-plot-to-impeach-me-still-ongoing-elechi/

(1) (Reply)

Election Tips For Nigerian's(esp Those Up NORTH) / Bombing The East Wont Stop Us From Voting Gej-igbo Youths / Attention General Buhari, If Eventually You Win This Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.