Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Patience Jonathan, Corruption And Going To Jail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan, Corruption And Going To Jail (534 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Corruption Profile: Gej In Multi-billion Dollar Fraud Scandals / Jonathan's Corruption Far Better Than Buhari's Integrity- Senator Ogunwale / We’ve Located Chibok Girls In Sambisa Forest And Going For Them - Nigeria Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan, Corruption And Going To Jail by NewNigeriaMind: 8:19am On Mar 26, 2015
i have observed that the only mama peace campaign slogan so far is that if Buhari wins the elections she will be sent to jail.

Please why is mama peace so scared of going to jail

Why has she declared herself guity even before being charged.

Fellow Nigerians, this is why we need to vote APC massively.

I am talking now as a Nigerian that wants the best for his country.

Our first has admitted they are guilty of stealing and corruption, can we afford to allow these thieves to continue robbing us blind.

Vote Apc

End stealing is not corruption
Re: Patience Jonathan, Corruption And Going To Jail by francizy(m): 8:25am On Mar 26, 2015
These are my replies to one APC supporter deceiving himself about Jonathan's administration. I presented facts with links to prove APC thrive on falsehood and lies..
Now am going to counter you with facts and accompanying links. You should have done same.

As I said before, you are better of sticking to issue you know. You may not vote Buhari, but don't blame him ignorantly.

Let me rephrase:
- Before Buhari came to power as Head of State, Shagari had already plunged the economy into a mess (that is why many people celebrated it).

Do you even know that GMB left the economy in shambles and worst than when he came in because people were dying in hunger. The good reason why people also celebrated his ousting by IBB.. Quotes and links below:

However, his attempts to re-balance public finances by curbing imports led to many job losses and the closure of businesses.

Prices rose while living standards fell, leading to a palace coup by Gen Ibrahim Babangida on 27 August 1985. Mr Buhari was imprisoned for 40 months.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-12890807

- When they came to power, Buhari and his team had to make very tough decisions to fight the major challenges of Nigeria at that time. Like maintaining peace, stopping lawlessness, stop looting of government funds, stop those that were dumping hard drugs in Nigeria, keep the economy from collapsing, fight insurgence, etc.

-What peace did he maintain?
-He stopped lawlessness by infringing the rights of the Nigerian people. He killed journalism in Nigeria, let us not forget that.
-He stopped looting of government funds for politicians who were not his friends. His friends were immune to his fight against corruption. Examples are Emir Gwandu, Shehu Shagari, etc. Simply put, he was biased. A man placed at his level as an "incorruptible" man shouldn't have been biased in dishing out justice. If you want to fight corruption, fight it all round not that tomorrow we will start hearing that only PDP officials were convicted while APC officials were not even tried. We need equal justice.
-On his actions towards drug dealers and armed robbers, I commend him for that.
- Your statement about keeping the economy from collapsing is actually an opposite because the economy was almost already dead before IBB stepped in. You can check the link above for this.
You can check the links below I utilized to back up my statements.

http://www.transparentnigeria.com/news_entries/9088/S-H-O-C-K-I-N-G-5-starnge-things-you-never-knew-about-Buhari-%E2%80%93-By-Nzeribe-Enz
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari

- When Buhari left over after 20 months the economy was already stable and recovering.

I've addressed this huge lie above. But let me chip in something, had Buhari allowed Shehu Shagari to complete the revolutionary Ajaokuta Steel Industry while in office, the steel sector of the Nigerian economy would have provided not less that 2.5 million jobs. Apart from that, private businesses suffered while many closed down, many people lost their jobs while graduates of his era were largely unemployed, 200,000 Civil servants suffered retrenchment plus humiliation at work place, etc. You can check the links I provided above.

- But IBB reversed some of the tasking decision Buhari made like fighting corruption, IMF loans, etc. And before you know it, everything was a mess. Apart from Jonathan's administration, IBB ran the most corrupt government in history of Nigeria. Even IBB said himself that with the volume of looting under Jonathan, that he should be consider a Saint.

You know you are not telling yourself the truth if you think anybody can ever reach the corruption level of IBB or OBJ in Nigerian history. Who eliminated middle men in the fertilizer deals? Who eliminated 50,000 ghost workers from Civil service? Who saw that electoral fraud was eliminated? Here is a cut from Sun news online which the person in question made reference to data he obtained from Transparency International:

According to Transparency In­ternational’s data from 1979 till date, the tenures of both General Muhammadu Buhari and former President Olusegun Obasanjo were more corrupt than the tenure of President Goodluck Jonathan. The details are trending online.

The data also showed that un­der the administration of President Jonathan, Nigeria has recorded its best score in the Corruption Per­ception Index (CPI) since 1979. This is in complete contrast to the sordid picture of rampant corrup­tion being painted by the opposi­tion, ardent critics of the Jonathan administration and much of the media in the last few years – espe­cially in the build up to the general elections.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=108209

Buhari deserve our support in this election. There is no single Nigerians that has been scrutinized like Buhari for 30 good years and nothing found on him.

[b]How was Buhari scrutinized? Who scrutinized him? How effective were the people, panel that scrutinized him? Is it new the Buhari doled out our $2.8billion (fund misappropriation) dollars into his and Obj's account during his time serving as Petroleum Minister while OBJ was head of state. Shehu Shagari set up a panel that found him not guilty (padi padi panel) but still maintained there was lapses in the account. No wonder when GMB ousted Shehu Shagari, he preferred him under house arrest while his vice was jailed (a favour for a favour).

It's also not new that GMB doled out our moneys illegally, into the military (Abacha and co) account during his time as PTF chairman. GMB prefers using the guise "incorruptible" to enrich his croonies while he had a few share stacked out somewhere and still claimed incorruptible. Probably he felt that a wealth to his croonies is a wealth to him.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari

It is Jonathan vs Nigerians. Sai Buhari.

Point of correction, Jonathan Vs the most corrupt set and past military heads.
Re: Patience Jonathan, Corruption And Going To Jail by OrderBroker: 8:29am On Mar 26, 2015

(1) (Reply)

How Patience Jonathan Mistakenly Endorsed Buhari / Your Decisions In The Last 24 Hours / Card Reader Reject Jonathan’s PVC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.