Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code (2305 Views)

'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC / DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code-apc / DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by PassingShot(m): 12:16pm On Mar 26, 2015
The All Progressive Congress (APC) has issued an alert alleging that the Department of State Security Services (DSS) is detaining one Alhaji Sani Musa the supplier of the Permanent Voters Card (PVC) to be used by Independent Electoral Commission (INEC) in the general elections.

The APC statement claims Sani Musa is being tortured by the DSS to release the PVC’s security codes.

When contacted to confirm if Alhaji Sani Musa is in DSS custody, the spokesperson for the DSS Marilyn Ogar said: “I will not mention names of people. We have been mandated to do our job and that we will do.”

She added that: “It is election period and people cannot stop us from doing our job. We are not politicians, we will not be dragged into political issues.”

Alhaji Sani Musa, who is the owner of ACT Technologies, the company that manufactured and supplied the PVCs to INEC, is now under unlawful detention in DSS dungeons, the APC said.

The alert noted “This is very alarming development for a lot of reasons. ACT Technologies is a reputable, well established, Nigerian company based in Abuja. Between 2013 and 2014, INEC paid the company the sum of N2.6 billion to manufacture the PVCs with very high security specifications.

“Among the security specifications is a robust encryption system that could not be easily broken. Now the DSS wants the security codes to the PVCs encryption system! The entire forthcoming general elections are under threat if the DSS were to obtain these security codes,” the APC added.

They called on well meaning Nigerians to register their revulsion at this treasonable move by the DSS, by writing letters, calling, texting, or emailing the EU Elections Monitors based in Abuja.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/50516-dss-detains-pvc-supplier-demands-encryption-code-apc

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 26, 2015
Why is PDP mortally afraid of the card reader? undecided

16 Likes

Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by PassingShot(m): 12:19pm On Mar 26, 2015
PDP is not only jittery but also too desperate.

Acts like this is very capable of plunging the nation into another violent period.

Seun, lalasticlala, Ishilove please put this at the FP.

5 Likes

Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by Boss13: 12:20pm On Mar 26, 2015
I only pray that this information is false.
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by Rilwayn001: 12:21pm On Mar 26, 2015
Party of Death and Pains (PDP) cry

1 Like

Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by loomer: 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
Why inec no complain na apc de complain

5 Likes

Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by alaoeri: 12:29pm On Mar 26, 2015
TANoids will soon claim that dailytrust is under Tinubu's payroll, despite spending so much to woo electorates, endorsement upon endorsement, visiting various house of worship etc why is the presidency so afraid of free & fair election?

1 Like

Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by midolian(m): 12:31pm On Mar 26, 2015
Waaaaaaaaaaat!

This man ready dabaru efritin o! Abeg why ds man dey fear free and fair election like dis, after many endorsements..grin grin

YEYE DEY SMELL

1 Like

Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by joseph1832(m): 12:43pm On Mar 26, 2015
Really someone in Arse Hole Rock is truly desperate! I don't remember him sharing dollars, spending every weekend in Lagos, and ordering security forces to bully and detain innocent Nigerians in 2011 oh!.

All he did then was shout "I had no shoes". Now he has many shoes and he's busy bullying people left right and centre!.
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
APC are good lying writers cheesy ... if I were to be the card-reader program, my identity will be hidden so that I won't get bullied or risk my life by getting exposed to any political party with evil intentions.

if DSS really arrested the man, it would even be a secret till the whole events end.

PLEASE DECEIVE WEAK BRAINS ONLY!!as for me, it is GEJ ALL THE WAY!!!!!

1 Like

Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by Babacele: 12:47pm On Mar 26, 2015
hmmmmm!
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by egift(m): 12:53pm On Mar 26, 2015
On one hand Jonathan is signing Peace Accord, while in other his boys are torturing someone for a back door channel to rig the election.

Also noticed the dubious DSS spokesperson did not deny it.

Jonathan is the worst thing that happened to Nigeria.
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by splashbaby(m): 12:56pm On Mar 26, 2015
Clannish president

Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by kadas01(m): 1:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
I hope this story isn't true?!!

I don't think the Service would be so "silly" to be asking for "codes" at this hour!
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by themilanway(m): 1:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
I saw this news late last night here and I refused to believe it thinking it was some kind of BS.

Jonathan and his allies don't seem to understand what they are attempting.

Someone should drum it to his ears that it will consume him and Nigeria will remain one there after.

By the way,the DSS never got to tell us what they found in the computers belonging to APC they confiscated in lagos some time last year.

Just how hungry is Marlyn hunger(Ogar)?
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by Borderless: 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2015
When did APC become Alhaji Musa's lawyer? Is ACT Technologies a business concern of APC? Does APC want to take over INEC's responsibility ni? Na wah oooo

4 Likes

Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by cyril83(m): 1:14pm On Mar 26, 2015
kadas01:
I hope this story isn't true?!!

I don't think the Service would be so "silly" to be asking for "codes" at this hour!

This is Nigeria where anything is possible.

My candid advice to sss director, maryln ogar, joseph mbu, Nta DG "Omole" and Alex badeh is to resign honorably immediately GMB gets to power.
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by cyril83(m): 1:15pm On Mar 26, 2015
Borderless:
When did APC become Alhaji Musa's lawyer? Is ACT Technologies a business concern of APC? Does APC want to take over INEC's responsibility ni? Na wah oooo

Don't forget that APC is an opposition party not PDP affliated.
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2015
I just hope it's not true because if it's true, then it's too late as they would have gotten all the info they need by now.

Inec should clear the air on this.
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by iamrealdeji(m): 1:27pm On Mar 26, 2015
If they rig this election successfully,dogs and baboons will bleed,Northerners will kill than anything
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by gistmelove(m): 1:30pm On Mar 26, 2015
dss but why now
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 26, 2015
joseph1832:
Really someone in Arse Hole Rock is truly desperate! I don't remember him sharing dollars, spending every weekend in Lagos, and ordering security forces to bully and detain innocent Nigerians in 2011 oh!.

All he did then was shout "I had no shoes". Now he has many shoes and he's busy bullying people left right and centre!.

Shut up u this hungry nonentity; we in pdp don't need your dirty miserable vote to win on saturday.
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 26, 2015
joseph1832:

Sht up u this hungry nonentity; we in pdp don't need your dirty miserable vote to win on saturday.
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 26, 2015
joseph1832:

Shut up u this hungry nonentity; we in pdp don't need your dirty miserable vote to win on saturday.
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 1:45pm On Mar 26, 2015
How can the code just be in the hands of just one person what if that person is a supporter of APC or PDP means he can be partisan Jega showing he is incompitent day by day.

1 Like

Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2015
iamrealdeji:
If they rig this election successfully,dogs and baboons will bleed,Northerners will kill than anything

Shut up; your blood wd be d 1st to be roasted, if anything goes wrong on saturday. Prophet of doom.
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by sosanova: 1:48pm On Mar 26, 2015
APC n propaganda
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by dustmalik: 1:58pm On Mar 26, 2015
This is a very disturbing news. I hope INEC has a way around this, if true. Knowing how desperate GEJ is, this is very likely to be true. Mods, front page.
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by AustineE1: 2:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
God this electn has been compromised,you mean the PVCs were printed locally,by a Hausa muslim man,sympathetic to Buhari and yet APC knows his movement,dines with him and can tell when DSS picked him up.This country is a big joke,APC and JEGA doing everything to Rig their man in.
A friend in the north said his heart bled when he saw the number of under age children of about 15yrs down,all getting registered and equaly collected their PVCs and yet the 'almighty'Jega and his computerizatn cldnt dictate this pre-electoral rigging.
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 26, 2015
PDP wishes Nigeria no Good. They are selfish and centered individuals.
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by Boss13: 2:32pm On Mar 26, 2015
AustineE1:
God this electn has been compromised,you mean the PVCs were printed locally,by a Hausa muslim man,sympathetic to Buhari and yet APC knows his movement,dines with him and can tell when DSS picked him up.This country is a big joke,APC and JEGA doing everything to Rig their man in.
A friend in the north said his heart bled when he saw the number of under age children of about 15yrs down,all getting registered and equaly collected their PVCs and yet the 'almighty'Jega and his computerizatn cldnt dictate this pre-electoral rigging.

Well if your comment is true, then I dove my hat for the APC. Only a brilliant group can pull this stunt. You cannot rule out the fact that the PDP is not interested in rigging the elections. On my way to work, I noticed huge presence of military personnel with armoured tanks and guns in Lekki toll gates. I wonder if we are at war.

To me the winner of this election would be one who outsmarted the other and not the true reflection of the people of Nigeria.
Re: DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encription Code by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 26, 2015
If this is true, then Apc might have perfected their rigging plan to know of any security code and in whose custody it is.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger Delta We Are Ready For War - Militants / Our Team Have Arrived PH To Support Our Benefactor- Wike- PIX / My take on Nnamdi Kanu's Call To Boycott Anambra State Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.