Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,940 members, 7,821,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria (34249 Views)

How EFCC Can Win Corruption Cases In Court – Obasanjo / FG To Reopen 30 Ex-Governors' Corruption Cases / Top 12 Corruption Cases In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by idnole4(m): 1:51pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ekiti Gate scandal on my mind. grin
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by CoCoLav(f): 1:51pm On Apr 14, 2015
Urine:

I want THE DPO not a DPO. Hehehehehe

Whats the difference?
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by tunnary(m): 1:52pm On Apr 14, 2015
Jonathan is aware of all dis nd he dey do like Idoro for there. Hw do i get my share of it? Legal or illegal
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by Sibrah: 2:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
Typing
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
Jonathan really finished our economy.

Appointing goats to guard yam barns.
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by Urine: 2:12pm On Apr 14, 2015
CoCoLav:

Whats the difference?

The DPO is @ Y*b*.
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by ijiini(m): 2:12pm On Apr 14, 2015
ahhhh c money!!#faints and faints again
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 14, 2015
CoCoLav:

Source: http://www.naij.com/402850-top-12-corruption-cases.html
Such a pity. Later someone will say that no money in Nigeria.
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by Texasquare(m): 2:26pm On Apr 14, 2015
CoCoLav:

How did u copy all this pls nd hw did u shared d link pls tell me....waiting 4 ur reply
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by alrahmanonline(m): 2:27pm On Apr 14, 2015
tit:

ali baba buhari should revisit all this cases.
he should also use the opportunity to clear his name from the 1975 10 billion ponds case!
Propaganda that does not help you before,how will it help you now?

1 Like

Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by CoCoLav(f): 2:52pm On Apr 14, 2015
Urine:

The DPO is @ Y*b*.

Looool
I don't know what you are talking about.
Pay me my money
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by date1816: 2:54pm On Apr 14, 2015
CC: Buhari.
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by Pebcak: 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by kaykad: 3:10pm On Apr 14, 2015
[size=19pt]13. Biggest SCAM of All Time by Nigerian Government. Paying Electricity Bills Every Month form the days of ADAM and EVE and I don’t Get to use the Light till when christ will return.
CoCoLav:

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by Navyguy(m): 3:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
WHAT OF 1000 FROM EACH APPLICANTS? (IMMIGRATION JOB SCAM?)
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by richidinho(m): 3:25pm On Apr 14, 2015
bettercreature:
Trust me i will not let any stone unturned...GMB

Don't forget he also has a $2.5b 1975 case to answer

IBB's $12B gulf war oil windfall

OBJ's halliburton scandal

OBJ's $16B power deal

OBJ's $20B third term bribe

Abdulsalam Halliburton case

Abacha's Loot

1 Like

Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by richidinho(m): 3:29pm On Apr 14, 2015
tunnary:
Jonathan is aware of all dis nd he dey do like Idoro for there. Hw do i get my share of it? Legal or illegal

Form a militant group, call it tunnarharam.....the sky will be ur limit.

Don't even bother to tank me lerra
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by Hugo7(m): 3:39pm On Apr 14, 2015
All this Missing billions of dollars and no single person has been Arrested or charged...#9jaweHailthee
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by Strongfaze(m): 4:51pm On Apr 14, 2015
I never even knew of kerosine subsidy removal ever since. Chai there is God o
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by tunnary(m): 5:24pm On Apr 14, 2015
richidinho:

Form a militant group, call it tunnarharam.....the sky will be ur limit.

Don't even bother to tank me lerra
dis idea no bad be4 o but....... I nid somtin lik cool way,,, my blood is gettin hotter daily. No time
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by keshconnections: 5:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by neocortex: 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2015
Some gullible ones will believe all the content of this list, only careful analysis can discern the few truth from the sensational headlines.
A sum ($20 or $40 billion dollar) which is more than a years budget got missing and the government could still function ?
The compiler of the so called top list surely didn't do his assignment.
May 29 is close and I would expect the corruption champion to prosecute the guilty ones, but he failed to get any high profile conviction then it is clear that it is arise from the beginning.
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by rman: 5:52pm On Apr 14, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Oh well....we know they won't be punished ever.

Back during army rule...all that was needed to silence critics was to either allege they were American-zionist agents , or evil unbelievers....or part of the evil Lagos-Ibadan axis of newspapers....to keep them quiet.

Now...we have a new set of theives...and all we hear are....But the Hausas stole too when they were in Power....with the subtext that we should leave them to steal....it is their time.

(And from the religion point...the funny thing is that most of these thieves are good christians. Just like the chap who got an award from a church several years ago...while he was looting.).

You know the problem....I expect the stealing to continue when the General takes over. And this time...the accusation against the whistle blowers would be evil Southerners are coming to sell us to the Jews.

Because you see , Nigerians really do not want to fight corruption. They do not want leaders who will develop innovative economies like that of Japan, Germany, China, South Korea, Singapore and so on....economies that can stand even when the country is devastated. Because most Nigerians think that their economy is a many tiered angel food cake with vanilla icing. And they think that their leaders are meant to get them closer to the cake so that they can have a bite. They do not care about how the ingredients for the cake are to be sourced.Even the Niger Delta people....who by rights deserve a big slice of the cake....talk about their being a big producer of oil...as if it makes them have a divine right to everything...so that they can enjoy a life of leisured rich men and women....using their money to import luxuries.

But the truth is there is no national cake. It does not exist. The oil we have is not enough. America is going to be energy independent by 2030. As are many European countries...and even China(which most Africans nowadays regard as their new saviour.....yes....saviour indeed). That leaves us with one option...we have to work for our money. Get that into our heads....that the resources we have are severely limited....the same idea China and India got decades ago....and then we would be forced to develop an innovative economy...free of govt corruption...because in such an economy massive looting means that light, water and power won't function, schools would be bad, health would be bad...and the workers won't be in good shape at all to keep the economy firing.

This oil is noting more than a means of deception. Because we have oil....and also in the past groundnut, cocoa, oil palm and so on....we think that we have an endless cornucopia of money.....and we forget that science and tech can make these our sources of money redundant. That is why we must stop thinking that we have an endless supply of money. The oil price drop should have woken us up. We no longer have the money. Our Salvation lies in a concise and comprehensive industrialization programme.....over the next ten years.

Nigeria must industrialize. It is our only hope and our only salvation....and the means by which I would be judging APC come May 29. Nigeria has no choice...as does Africa. We cannot be the world's raw material provider.....we must also become the workshop of the world. And we can do it.

Permission to put this on my facebook wall sir. Respect!
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by eedrees(m): 6:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
See the huge amount of money dem dey scam, dem no go do anything on top am o.. If one yahoo boy con collect 20m dem go dey pursue am
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by naijafresh: 6:26pm On Apr 14, 2015
The important thing to realise is no one steals vast sums of money on their own.
From Governors to Ministers to Permanent Secretaries, they steal and are made to steal to pay their political godfathers and paymasters through a network of special advisors and personal assistants who are basically money launderers. These individuals hide away from the limelight as they have no formal duties and are not under the scrutiny of the public and toothless organisations like the EFCC.

So no one has all the money in their pocket there is a long trail of corruption that heads all the way back to the Presidency in some cases.

Where do you think Abacha got $8 billion from? He didn't draw it directly from CBN though he could as he ruled with impunity. He was collecting returns from every single sector of the economy to the nations detriment

Berlusconi may be corrupt but he is also an entrepreneur and the biggest employer in Italy, our corrupt men have no such business acumen. They simply dump the money in foreign banks, fritter it away on women and houses on every continent and buy expensive cars and private jets.
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by Coolbite(m): 6:50pm On Apr 14, 2015
Is your child/ward/maid having problem with READING & WRITING? We are literacy experts base in Akure. Contact Braintrust on 08065977227
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by CoCoLav(f): 9:51pm On Apr 14, 2015
Texasquare:

How did u copy all this pls nd hw did u shared d link pls tell me....waiting 4 ur reply

Copy from the website or blog and post it here. Copy the link from the URL bar.
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by Onyi4live(m): 11:37pm On Apr 14, 2015
7. NNPC missing $20billion naira
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by CoCoLav(f): 12:21am On Apr 15, 2015
Urine:

I bet you had FP dreams with this thread.

Modified: Cocolav, I don chop my humble pie

You need water to wash it down?
cheesy cheesy

This is how my God will keep disappointing my enemies.
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by AndroBlaze: 7:05am On Apr 15, 2015
We must never let this topic die. Never!!
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by delords2: 7:57am On Apr 15, 2015
WHAT ABOUT THE $180m HALLIBURTON BRIBE AND $16b POWER SCAM?
Re: Top Twelve Corruption Cases In Nigeria by ChikezieU(m): 8:49am On Apr 15, 2015
owobokiri:
No mention of Tinubus/fasholas heist in Lagod that have seen them looting everything in sight? What of Tarfa/Ehinderos looting of the police force. We may also need to go back to Obasanjos days as the oil minister to catch all those who "came to chop". . BOTTOMLINE: Massive looting has been going on in this country since 2 billion naira disappeared under Buhari while serving as Obasanjos oil minister in the late 70s. If we can't go back to 1960, let us start from there and prob EVERY SUSPECT since then. This should be so because a selective fight against corruption is nothing but another type of corruption.
thanks bro u nailed people painting Gej as corrupt when non of the cases directly linked him, forgeting what others has done in the past under their directive or masterminded. One sided fight against corruption is corruption #period

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Falz Condemns The 2023 General Election Result / Aliyu Abubakar Dies In Car Accident: Aisha Abubakar's Son Dies / Doyin Okupe Speaks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.