Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,490 members, 7,836,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Touching Article- Pls Read And Vote Wisely - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Touching Article- Pls Read And Vote Wisely (602 Views)

The Beautiful Ones Are Now Born - Touching Article By Dele Momosu / Read And Think Deep: Buhari, APC And Their Position On Boko Haram / Touching Photo Of A Nigerian Soldier Praying Before Battle With Boko Haram(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Touching Article- Pls Read And Vote Wisely by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2015
At the end of the day; it's not about GMB vs Jonathan, the north vs the south, Christians vs muslims or the rich elite vs the masses; really, it's about one simple thing- Conscience. As a northerner from Yobe state, I have been affected in more ways than one. Many of my extended family members and friends have been killed and the ones still alive are now internally displaced. Both my grandmothers have relocated and whenever I visit, I see the pain etched on their lonely faces. Is it easy to leave your home of more than 40 years? My sister in law's village has been completely destroyed, neighbours and family burnt to death and so she has no where to return to. She is over 60 years old, where does she start from? At a point, I had 8 people in my house because they had no where to go and as you can guess, it wasn't easy and it's still not getting any better.

As a doctor, my sanity and physical stamina have been severely tested as I believe, there is precious little I have not seen. After the central mosque bomb blast in kano, I used to wake up at night trembling, sweating with my heart rate >150! Images too gory to be described plagued my mind night and day and tears, too much to be quantified have poured from my eyes. As if that is not enough, doctors in the past year nationwide, have experienced more strikes than we care for. Whether, it was NMA, ARD or JOHESU, we have all been affected and innocent people have suffered, some even died. Our residency programme has been prolonged, all due to poor leadership.

As a young person, I identified with those who suffered and lost their lives during the immigration fiasco. I knew quite a number of people who attended the 'exam' and could relate to the desperation they felt. Unemployment is a horrible disease as it's complications are numerous. I thank God for my job, but what about those who lost their lives? And those who continue to roam the streets in search of daily sustenance? And lastly, and most importantly, as a mother, I cannot begin to imagine what it feels like to know your child has been kidnapped and quite possibly, never return. It's almost a year now, and the girls have not returned. Every time, I check on my kids at night and see them sleeping peacefully, I mutter a silent prayer of gratitude. How does one sleep knowing your child is in the hands of Savages? Forget sleep, how do I breathe?? I have heard real life encounters of women giving birth in bushes while fleeing for their lives, only to leave the newborn behind because they have no way of caring for the child. I cannot begin to imagine the horror and anguish those women felt that would make them do such a thing, I simply cannot.

At the end of the day, really, it's about looking into our conscience and asking: 'am I voting the right person?' 'can I defend this vote before God?' If you truly believe in your heart that Jonathan is the better candidate, then by all means vote for him, it is, after all, a free world. But if like me, you have been affected physically, mentally and socially, and you feel enough is enough, then do the right thing and vote for change.

God bless Nigeria!
Dr. Fatima Damagum.

2 Likes

Re: Touching Article- Pls Read And Vote Wisely by Caseless: 3:10pm On Mar 26, 2015
This article is rich, concise and thought-provoking.
Jonathan, Fvck you. And if you wanna get down with gej, then fvck you too.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Uncertainties Over Police Assurance Of Security / Was The Elections Free And Fair In Your Area.? / APC Condemns Election Violence In Gombe, Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.