Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Frequently Asked Questions About Projector Image Problems - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Frequently Asked Questions About Projector Image Problems (822 Views)

Solar Frequently Asked Questions / Electrical & Manual Projector Screens For Sale / Used Projector And Promethean Active Board For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Frequently Asked Questions About Projector Image Problems by Projectors(m): 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
Frequently Asked Questions
Image Problems

Why do I see green, blue, or red "smudges" or "blobs" on my projected image?
A:
More than likely, what you are seeing is dust on one of your LCD panels. Try pausing your image so that these abnormalities are clearly visible (see image). Then simply de-focus your projector in BOTH directions. (see image).
You should see these blobs actually become a solid object either in the form of a string of lint or a spot of dust. To avoid dust blobs from occurring, it's important to perform routine maintenance on your projector. Cleaning of the filter with a vacuum on a monthly basis will help reduce accumulation of dust buildup. .

Q:
My image isn't square or rectangular, it's more of a trapezoid shape. What could be causing this and how can I correct it?
Projector placed at angle to screenA:
Make sure the projector isn't placed off to one side of the screen or turned to face the screen at an angle (as in the illustration to the right). Place the projector directly in front of the screen, centered, and ensure that the projector is facing the screen squarely.
Projector that needs keystone correction

A:
If the diagram to the right better represents your image, a simple keystone adjustment (if available on your projector) can correct the image.

Q:
I have adjusted my keystone correction so my image is square with the screen but when I shut off the projector, the settings are lost.
A:
Check the menu of your projector. There is a good possibility that you need to enable a "Save" feature for the keystone. This is common in many Epson projector models.

Q:
There is a strange "flickering" only on one side/corner of my image. This happens regardless of my input source (computer, DVD, etc.). Is my lamp going bad?
Test flicker by inverting your image

A:
A quick test to determine the cause would be to invert the projected image. Many projectors have what is called "rear" projection mode where the projected image can be reversed depending on installation. Simply change the mode of your projector from front projection to rear projection. This will cause the image to be reversed on your screen (see diagram). If the "flickering" remains locked in the same location, then the defect would probably be with your lamp because the lamp wouldn't be physically reversed. However, if the flickering changes sides, the problem is more likely a defect developing within the projectors optics.

Black bars on widescreen projectors

Q:
Why do I still see black bars on the top and bottom of my projected image when I am using a "16x9" projector watching a "16x9" movie?

A:
Your wide screen projector has a 16x9 LCD panel or DLP chip inside of it creating the image you see. Since the 1950s, Hollywood has been shooting film in various "widescreen" formats. The aspect ratio of the widescreen DVD or VHS tape you are watching will vary depending on the camera used to film the picture.

Common aspect ratios which will display black bars on a 16x9 (or 1.77:1) projector include 2.35:1 (Examples include Scream, Lawrence of Arabia ), and 1.85:1 ( Examples include Ace Ventura; Pet Detective, Almost Famous ).
Click here for a list of DVD movie aspect ratios from the Internet Movie Database.

Q:
I am experiencing an awful lot of 'noise' in my projected image. It is primarily noticeable in darker movie scenes. I have changed my DVD player and my cabling. What else could it be?

A:
Projectors sometimes pick up and magnify (due to large screen sizes) 'noise' in an image resulting from interference or grounding problems. Try disconnecting all inputs to the projector and connect just the projector to a different wall plug or circuit in your home/office. If you see 'noise' in just the startup screen on your projector, there could be a problem internally with the projector. If you do not, there is a problem somewhere in your theater setup.

Try reconnecting one piece at a time while the projector is on. There should be a point where you notice the 'image noise' returning. The last connected component will be the source. Spacing the cables being run to the projector, upgrading the power cord to a higher quality 'home theater grade' cable, installing Electromagnetic / Radio Frequency Suppressor sheets and installing PowerWraps on your power cords are all options to correct the problem.

Q:
My computer's projected image is either missing information from the top/bottom, compressed from left/right, or doesn't appear at all. What's wrong?

A:
In most cases, to get a matching image, the computer's resolution must match the projector's native resolution. To configure the computer's external video signal resolution, follow these steps:

Connect the projector to the computer using the appropriate cable and turn on the projector before the computer.
In Windows 95/98/NT, select "Control Panel" --> "Display Icon" --> "Settings" --> "Desktop Area" to adjust the resolution to 1024 x 768 (XGA) or 800x600 (SVGA).

In Windows 3.1, select "Windows Setup" from the "Main" program group, and change the display driver, eg. SVGA (800 x 600).
Configure the computer/laptop to display video only on the external video port. This is usually done through a combination of keystrokes (such as FN+F4) or a hardware setup program (consult your computer documentation for details).
You may have to restart Windows for the changes to take affect. Also note compatible refresh rates, for example 56Hz or 60Hz for SVGA signals, between your computer and projector. Most projectors can manage a wide range of refresh rates.

Q:
I have a new Compaq laptop and the projected image is too big for the screen -- how do I fit it?

A:
Your laptop may have a separate control for external display. In Windows, go to Control Panel, Display and click on Compaq, Advanced, CRT. In the CRT settings, change the display to either 800x600 or 1024x768 to match the projector.

Re: Frequently Asked Questions About Projector Image Problems by jick4life(m): 11:25am On Mar 27, 2015
my church projector is faulty.when you on it the blinking light blinks but neva comes on

(1) (Reply)

How To Spot A Fake Samsung Galaxy S6 From The Original / . / Super Clean iPhone 6 16gb Gold - ₦105,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.