Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Must See!! The Word NIGGA - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Must See!! The Word NIGGA (1127 Views)

Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. / Origin Of The Word "OGA" / Etymology Of The Word Oyinbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must See!! The Word NIGGA by easystudy101: 11:44am On Mar 27, 2015
I live in the US and I have a first hand knowledge of how decisive and despicable the word NIGGA is.

This was what slaves were called. Instead of Mr or Mrs, the whites used Nigga, like Nigger James or Nigga Mary. The slave masters believed slaves were to inferior to be addressed as Mr or Mrs.

A white man can get himself maimed if he said that word to the wrong black man.

And it's the ultimate insult any person can use on a black person.

Ironically, it's a common word amongst some blacks. They use it among dem self frequently. But most blacks hate the word.

And unfortunately it's a trending word amongst youths in Nigeria. Without knowing the history of the word, they think it's cool to use it.

Thanks to Dbanj, he imported the word to naija, and it's spreading like wild fire.

It's a BAD word and if you are using it, you need to STOP.

***Share if you agree with me.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Must See!! The Word NIGGA by 1shortblackboy: 10:25pm On Apr 01, 2015
Rubbish
Re: Must See!! The Word NIGGA by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 02, 2015
D'Banj imported 'nigga' to Nigeria?

Are you joking?
Re: Must See!! The Word NIGGA by Nobody: 8:49am On May 09, 2015
[url=easystudy101]Nigger?[/url]
Re: Must See!! The Word NIGGA by AAinEqGuinea: 8:27pm On May 09, 2015
easystudy101:
I live in the US and I have a first hand knowledge of how decisive and despicable the word NIGGA is.

This was what slaves were called. Instead of Mr or Mrs, the whites used Nigga, like Nigger James or Nigga Mary. The slave masters believed slaves were to inferior to be addressed as Mr or Mrs.

A white man can get himself maimed if he said that word to the wrong black man.

And it's the ultimate insult any person can use on a black person.

Ironically, it's a common word amongst some blacks. They use it among dem self frequently. But most blacks hate the word.

And unfortunately it's a trending word amongst youths in Nigeria. Without knowing the history of the word, they think it's cool to use it.

Thanks to Dbanj, he imported the word to naija, and it's spreading like wild fire.

It's a BAD word and if you are using it, you need to STOP.

***Share if you agree with me.

as an african american, these are mannerisms in which i don't have issue with as much as elders i meet. elders object heavily to the word Nigga, hate to see black men sag their pants, etc.

I've come to terms with the word Nigga and see it as an innocent urban shortener or derivative of Negro, Nigeria, Niger... I could care less if a non-white says it but they never say it in my face. If they did, I'd resurface their face.

Instead of using the word for a term of endearment, I reserve the word Nigga for black people who do foolish and damaging things. But I slowly see myself outgrowing this, but I still use the word in this context. African Americans could care less if you use the term and may mistakingly refer to someone black (like a Jamaican or African) as Nigga hopefully lacking the intention of offending but with fraternal intentions. Many African Americans naturally use Nigga to refer to someone black like them.

As for sagging pants, well some tribes remain unclad and some probably wish they were... and I'm growing increasingly distrustful on every european influenced fad that supposedly makes us "modern". Unlike African Americans, Europeans will cast heavy judgement if one deviates from the social norm when it comes to attire and appearances. We hear stories of how Africans and African Americans must tone down their appearance to not "frighten" white people or for a job (cut your braids, cut dreads, etc). Many African Americans find African garb exotic, cultural, and beautiful but many don't yet see the relevance to themselves having been disconnected due to slavery.

I'd rather see signs of coming out those trousers

(1) (Reply)

Watch Unilag Students Cultural Heritage Tour Pics. / Do White People Have Villages ? / Nigerian Baby Names: 80 Unique (hand Picked) Igbo Names For Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.