Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Reason Online Pay System Wont Work In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Reason Online Pay System Wont Work In Nigeria (1244 Views)

Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense / Gospel Truth Pls, Are There Genuine Online Biz That Work In Nigeria? / International Money Order;how Does It Work In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reason Online Pay System Wont Work In Nigeria by adriano83(m): 8:41am On Sep 04, 2006
Everyone in Nigeria is clamoring for the day nigeria would take a major step in e-commerce. the time may soon be around but there are 3 major barriers affecting
(1.) less than 1/4 of nigerians are computer literate: with most people hardly knowing about computer in nigeria even the so called mega rich guys who dont know how to use it. how do you want to tell or even convince these people to buy or even enable E-commerce in their company or even to start with them having a website. if i propose webdesign to some people who own big companies they feel i am proposing ideas for people to steal or cheat them of their money meanwhile it is the only sure way to get accountabilty.
(2.) Registration fees and protocol of getting e-commerce is to high: before getting an online payment platform i believe only registered companies or companies with a reasonable cash deposit be allowed access. that is perfectly ok, but the cost of registration is damn to high. jees for ability to transfer money from bank to bank or B2C it is 150,000 registration fee how on earth can these retailers that  make our lives better afford this only the mega rich can do this and we expect it to work. other solutions rise are more expensive.   this is the cheapest to get on. the cost of designing a website coupled with implementing the OS comerce on your page coupled with implementing the bank transfer from card is at a minimum of 300,000 naira how on earth can a retailer selling is electronics or computer store or those that make the consumer live afford this. this fees by this processing companies are damn to high. it only discourages people from even venturing into it. the mega rich wont want to buy online for reasons like they have drivers they can send and the masses who want to buy are denied the right to because the stores that can give them deals or who are cheaper are denied access.  The Average retailer would think of expanding his business with 300,000 than selling online.
(3.) Courier Fees are high: anything outside lagos is a nightmare in price you have to pay high to get the goods delievered. they dont have to be overnight delivery i believe the average consumer can get stuffs without having to leave his home. this courier fees are to high just to high they need to propose different price ranges like overnight 2 day 3 day 1 week you know.
Re: Reason Online Pay System Wont Work In Nigeria by leketoye(m): 9:11am On Sep 04, 2006
Guy you talk sense but watch out, a revolution is coming soon.
Re: Reason Online Pay System Wont Work In Nigeria by queenesthr(f): 10:14am On Oct 28, 2015
leketoye:
Guy you talk sense but watch out, a revolution is coming soon.

The revolution is here already.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

TOKUNBO TRUCKS FOR SALE AT A VERY CHEAP PRICES / How To Start A Key Cutting Business / Jumia Defraud Me (jumia Are Scammer, Beware Buyer) With Proof!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.