Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,393 members, 7,861,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:20 AM

2015 Elections: There's Hope For Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections: There's Hope For Nigeria! (427 Views)

INEC Announces Dates For 2019 General Elections / Hope For Nigeria Says PDP Is Winning Kano / 2015 Elections: February Polls Should Not Hold — Balarabe Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2015 Elections: There's Hope For Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
Certainly there's hope for Nigeria. These are beautiful times in our political history. I'm really impressed. Nigerians are a great group of people! Never in my life had I been more proud being a Nigerian.

I'm keenly looking beyond 2015 already, and what tomorrow's elections Portends for our collective history.

I have always echoed the sentiment that our hitherto collective political docility and indifference was the password for bad g
and ineffective government. How effective or corrupt our leaders are is a function of whether or not we are keenly interested in how we are being governed by those who we have either elected or selected into office.

I have always believed that government must exist for the welfare and wellbeing of the people. Its being my deepest sentiments.

There's this new political awareness and consciousness that's has been breathed into us. There's this new political animations going on; people are ever becoming more conscious of their rights and responsibilities within the polity. That's a great hope for us. That political consciousness is the BIGGEST threat to official misrule and bad government.

For the first time to me, Nigerians are travelling as far as possible to cast their votes. That's a miracle. That's a new twist. A new paradigm. I give Kudos to us all. Our future generations will be proud of us.

Hitherto, no one really cared. We prayed. For decades. But much didn't change because we expected God to do for us what He has ffurnished us with faculties and commonsense to do. He didn't build England. He didn't build the US. He won't build Nigeria.

Regardless of what obtains tomorrow, Nigerians will be proud of the role they have played. No matter what happens tomorrow, a strong message will be beaten into the consciousness of our leaders that it WILL NEVER BE BUSINESS AS USUAL. That's a huge message.

In conclusion, I encourage us all to go out and vote our candidate without violence; be patient; avoid unnecessary arguments, and be ready to accept with magnanimity the results INEC shall announce.

We are all Nigerians. No matter what happens tomorrow, it will add another layer to our political consciousness. I'm proud of us all.

God bless all of us.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

From A Concerned Nigerian; my message to Nigerians / Rivers State Residents Protest Yesterday's Elections / Nigeria Election Day Our Youths Disgracing Themselves For The Sum Of N50k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.