Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,755 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:37 AM

Skrtel Does Not Fell Guilty For Stamping On De Gea - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Skrtel Does Not Fell Guilty For Stamping On De Gea (415 Views)

Sergio Aguero found Guilty and Banned For Three Games / Kane,hazard,de Gea Leads EPL Awards / Ozil Does Not Have Ballon D'or Quality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Skrtel Does Not Fell Guilty For Stamping On De Gea by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:13pm On Mar 27, 2015
[b]Skrtel claimed his stamp on De Gea was accidental and he does not feel guilty about it. In Liverpool's 2-1 defeat against Manchester United, Skrtel made contact with De Gea as the Manchester United keeper went to gather the ball.

However, the Slovakian international claims the incident was accidental and he had no reason to hurt De Gea. Skrtel claims he does not feel guilty about the incident.

"It feels strange because we appealed against those charges and still I was hit by a three-match ban," Skrtel said via his official website.

"I didn't want to stamp on him. It was an accident and I didn't do it on  purpose. I don't feel guilty.

"It was a long ball and he went towards me and I wanted to jump over him. Simple as that."

The Football Association (FA) charged Skrtel for standing on De Gea. The referee, Martin Atkinson, took no action but the Football Association decided to punish Skrtel for violent conduct.

An FA statement read: "In Premier League matches, if an incident has not been seen by the match officials, a three-man panel of former elite officials will be asked by The FA to review the footage independently of each other.

"They will then advise what, if any action, they believe the match referee should have taken had it been witnessed at the time.

"For an FA charge to follow, all three panel members must agree it is a sending-off offence.

"In this instance, the decision by the panel was unanimous."

The Football Association served the 30-year-old Liverpool defender with a suspension.

An FA statement read: "Liverpool's Martin Skrtel will serve a three match suspension with immediate effect after a charge of violent conduct against him was found proven."

Skrtel will miss league matches against Arsenal and Newcastle United. He would miss the FA Cup quarter-final replay at Blackburn Rovers on April 8.

The FA made the right choice suspending Skrtel. Action like this could destroy the career of De Gea. The FA needs to take stronger actions on violent conducts by players on the field to reduce it.

http://footymail..com/2015/03/skrtel-does-not-fell-guilty-for.html[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Theo Walcott Needs Patience To Regain His Confidence / Fc Barcelona Life After January / Manchester City Vs Arsenal Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.