Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Why Should Poor Couples Have Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Should Poor Couples Have Children (5166 Views)

Timetable For Sex For Married Couples, Good Or Not? / That Feeling When Woman Is 40 And she does'nt have Children of her own / Checkout How Couples Who Met At The Club Dance At Their Wedding - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by mysticgal(f): 6:26pm On Mar 27, 2015
[b]Before i started writing this article,i thought seriously about it before putting it in writing.
When a man and woman get married,everything is perfect and the birth of a child makes it much perfect.A child is a blessing,he or she brings much happiness to the immediate and extended family.But it dosen't just stop there;catering and providing for the financial,material and emotional need of the child comes to mind.
Let me go straight to the point.Looking at the economic situation of the country,i say it is bad for a couple who are poor to have children.Why do i say this?I have been looking or studying the everyday life of the gateman of my lodge in school.This man is the picture of a typical Nigerian,who gets married probably by the help of friends and family and then starts to have kids."he has like three[3] kids"and stay in a room,not even a self contain,a room.These i must say is putting God's creation in sufffering. No food,poor education and even depreciatiated shelter.
I say no child deserves less and if a couple really wants to have children,they should give birth according to how they could train them.and i discovered it is poor people that have too many kids.Familylanders and members of nairaland what is your say on this.smiley[/b]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by akinsadeez(m): 6:27pm On Mar 27, 2015
You shouldn't approbate and reprobate at the same time. You started by saying they shouldn't have children at all, then ended by saying they should have only the number of children they can train. Which one?
Child birth should not be limited to just rich people alone. Some if not most of the world leaders we have today are from poor homes. You can even argue that kids who grow up in rich homes are prone to becoming spoilt.

Let me tell you a story I personally witnessed. I know of some peeps that you can classify as poor. They had two children and decided to have one more despite their precarious economic and financial situation. As God would have it, when the wife got pregnant they discovered she was gonna give birth to twins. Even till she gave birth the husband was still wondering how he was gonna cope. But immediately the twins were born, almost miraculously things changed radically for the family. The father's promotion that had been pegged for donkey years was suddenly released. Favors and blessings of all kinds from all angles suddenly happening to them. Today the family can be classified as rich. Whether you agree with her or not, till today the wife continues to see the birth of those twins as the key to their breakthrough.

Sometimes the children might even be the one to take the family out of poverty. Goodluck Jonathan grew up in a very poor home. Today he is the president.

16 Likes

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Tallesty1(m): 6:28pm On Mar 27, 2015
And you haven't discovered that most rich people are from poor homes?

Poor parents have kids because it is none of your business

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 27, 2015
mysticgal:
[b]Before i started writing this article,i thought seriously about it before putting it in writing.
When a man and woman get married,everything is perfect and the birth of a child makes it much perfect.A child is a blessing,he or she brings much happiness to the immediate and extended family.But it dosen't just stop there;catering and providing for the financial,material and emotional need of the child comes to mind.
Let me go straight to the point.Looking at the economic situation of the country,i say it is bad for a couple who are poor to have children.Why do i say this?I have been looking or studying the everyday life of the gateman of my lodge in school.This man is the picture of a typical Nigerian,who gets married probably by the help of friends and family and then starts to have kids."he has like three[3] kids"and stay in a room,not even a self contain,a room.These i must say is putting God's creation in sufffering. No food,poor education and even depreciatiated shelter.
I say no child deserves less and if a couple really wants to have children,they should give birth according to how they could train them.and i discovered it is poor people that have too many kids.Familylanders and members of nairaland what is your say on this.smiley[/b]

Is it torture to grow up poor? No. What children need most is love and even rich people cannot give that sometimes. As long as the child is not going to starve or suffer.. why not... any child is a blessing

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by mysticgal(f): 6:30pm On Mar 27, 2015
@ tallesty.i know
but it is not fair for someone to subject a kid to hawking to provide food for the family,because we see it everyday.

9 Likes

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by mysticgal(f): 6:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
Rainess:

Is it torture to grow up poor? No. What children need most is love and even rich people cannot give that sometimes. As long as the child is not going to starve or suffer.. why not... any child is a blessing
most suffer starvation cry

2 Likes

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by xynerise: 6:35pm On Mar 27, 2015
Most of the rich men you see today are from poor families. HOPE keeps us surviving. If they had decided not to have kids would you have heard about some of the great men and women in Nigeria and the world in general today?

Keep waiting to get rich before giving birth and don't blame God when you approach menopause

9 Likes

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 27, 2015
A poor man can become rich tomorrow. What I don't subscribe to is the very poor having more than 2 children.

5 Likes

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by mysticgal(f): 6:41pm On Mar 27, 2015
xy,mostly my point is that couples should give birth as they could afford.not popping children,they cannot afford to train.start from one then two as they progress financially

3 Likes

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 27, 2015
Huh?

I'll throw it back to you dear. Like seriously, “Why should people with poor writing skill, write at all?” Pffff...

7 Likes

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by stan241(m): 6:46pm On Mar 27, 2015
Kinda depends on your definition of "poor"..I've seen a family who stay in a one bedroom apartment and 2 out the 3 kids are in the university and I've not got the damnedest clue how they do it...children are blessings so what you should advocate for is proper family planning for the not so affluent families
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Truth24(m): 6:47pm On Mar 27, 2015
WTF
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by GboyegaD(m): 6:54pm On Mar 27, 2015
People will read this out of contest I am sure. I think what she is saying in essence is if you can't afford to meet the basic need of the child, do not bring him/her into the world.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by mysticgal(f): 6:54pm On Mar 27, 2015
Aprime:
Huh?

I'll throw it back to you dear. Like seriously, “Why should people with poor writing skill, write at all?” Pffff...

if you understood what i wrote.then dear i'll love to throw it back to you,"why do people with poor comprehension skills,type like you did.
just say your opinion about the topic,that's all.

6 Likes

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by SpeedyConnect(m): 6:55pm On Mar 27, 2015
Well I think we should be more realistic. Gone are the days we chorus ' God gives children. Things now including giving birth should be with moderation.
It doesn't make sense begetting innumerable kids in a squalic state. Its somewhat akin to bringing sickle cell carriers to this world.

5 Likes

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by mysticgal(f): 6:55pm On Mar 27, 2015
GboyegaD:
People will read this out of contest I am sure. I think what she is saying in essence is if you can't afford to meet the basic need of the child, do not bring him/her into the world.
Thank you smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Vision4God: 7:20pm On Mar 27, 2015
@mysticgal
Lemme ask u a question. For a man to marry honorably, and begat children d ryt way, and/or
Sleep around, give birth 2 children here & der, which is better.

Mind u d bible say he hu finds a wife obtains favor frm d lord.

Der was a man hu nvr had anything, buh had faith in God, got married & a well paying job located him about 3 months after his wedding!

God's hand of favor is wat we al nid
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 27, 2015
You've actually made a good point. If parents can't afford to take care of a child, they shouldn't hope on hope and have children. It's pathetic to see innocent children who haven't decided to come to this world live in squalor merely because the parents in a fit of accidental se.x ended up having them.

However, this is where the government comes in. A good government sees it as its duty to ensure that every citizen is treated equally, kid or not, child or not. Good education, good treatment and zero abuse. When some parent is observed not treating the child well or faltering in their responsibility, an accountable government takes the child away from such parent and becomes responsible for the child's development. This is practiced already in many sane environments. But of course not in Nigeria where government is blind to its responsibilities. I guess the OP lives in Nigeria, hence her opinion.

So, you see, it's less a problem with the financial situation of the parents than it is with the problem if government. When a parent sees that their child will be taken from them if they falter, they'll understand the need of having just enough children they can take care of.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 27, 2015
mysticgal:

if you understood what i wrote.then dear i'll love to throw it back to you,"why do people with poor comprehension skills,type like you did.
just say your opinion about the topic,that's all.

Honey, that's my opinion. But I know you missed out on the point, so sit back and let me explain — okay?

Dear to be realistic, you don't write well but nobody is stopping you. Or say trying to stop you from writing.

Now, can't you show that same courtesy to them poor couples, and let them pop those babies as they'll want to?

Why deprive them of that Joy simply because you are better off financially than them? This is not right.

Family planning is one thing and it's very good. But this here, I call it “oppression”. You get it now? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
did op really think before opening this thread.... the topic is somehow senseless....... I reserve the remaining insult that suppose to be unleashed on op.......

1 Like

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by mysticgal(f): 7:36pm On Mar 27, 2015
Vision4God:
@mysticgal
Lemme ask u a question. For a man to marry honorably, and begat children d ryt way, and/or
Sleep around, give birth 2 children here & der, which is better.

Mind u d bible say he hu finds a wife obtains favor frm d lord.

Der was a man hu nvr had anything, buh had faith in God, got married & a well paying job located him about 3 months after his wedding!

God's hand of favor is wat we al nid
my point is not giving birth to children but giving birth according to how you can train.not putting children under starvation and suffering

2 Likes

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by MARKone(m): 7:37pm On Mar 27, 2015
Poor man is not entitled to have a Girl friend
Poor man Should not marry
Poor Man should be denied sex...

Now Poor couples should not have children, this is height of insensitivity, rubbishing that which our dear God proclaimed 'Go forth and fill the earth' he never said go forth make money and then fill the earth. Even God chose Mary and Joseph to be the earthly parents of Jesus christ.
Jonathan your president came from a poor background. Your submission is biased, and should have focused more on birth control for poor couples, not telling them not to have children.

mysticgal:
Before i started writing this article,i thought seriously about it before putting it in writing.
Let me go straight to the point.Looking at the economic situation of the country,i say it is bad for a couple who are poor to have children.
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by mysticgal(f): 7:40pm On Mar 27, 2015
wilsondave:
did op really think before opening this thread.... the topic is somehow senseless....... I reserve the remaining insult that suppose to be unleashed on op.......
did you think before pressing the reply button.mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by mysticgal(f): 7:41pm On Mar 27, 2015
MARKone:
undecided
what angry
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by mysticgal(f): 7:43pm On Mar 27, 2015
Aprime:

Honey, that's my opinion. But I know you missed out on the point, so sit back and let me explain — okay?

Dear to be realistic, you don't write well but nobody is stopping you. Or say trying to stop you from writing.

Now, can't you show that same courtesy to them poor couples, and let them pop those babies as they'll want to?

Why deprive them of that Joy simply because you are better off financially than them? This is not right.

Family planning is one thing and it's very good. But this here, I call it “oppression”. You get it now? undecided

yes,I don't know how to write well,but I just relayed my point.
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 27, 2015
I wonder if OP thought she could get away with expressing this opinion. You really can't determine what people should or should not do with their decision to have children. That's their exclusive right. So, OP really needs to quit expecting everyone will see reasons with her and immediately swallow her idea.
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by mysticgal(f): 8:24pm On Mar 27, 2015
MARKone:
Poor man is not entitled to have a Girl friend
Poor man Should not marry
Poor Man should be denied sex...

Now Poor couples should not have children, this is height of insensitivity, rubbishing that which our dear God proclaimed 'Go forth and fill the earth' he never said go forth make money and then fill the earth. Even God chose Mary and Joseph to be the earthly parents of Jesus christ.
Jonathan your president came from a poor background. Your submission is biased, and should have focused more on birth control for poor couples, not telling them not to have children.

my point is:Give birth according to how you can train.mostly poor couples use their children to provide for the family and the economic situation is bad in Nigeria, if they want children, they should give birth to children they can train.simple.
it's my opinion sha

2 Likes

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by MARKone(m): 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2015
mysticgal:

my point is:Give birth according to how you can train.mostly poor couples use their children to provide for the family and the economic situation is bad in Nigeria, if they want children, they should give birth to children they can train.simple.
it's my opinion sha

At bolded, it is like you see poor people as vermin of the earth, 'if they want children' undecided who doesn't want a child(ren). Like I said, your submission is biased and contradictory, re-read and edit.
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Ewuro4: 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2015
Canada ... A place they reimburse ONLY low income families money and High income earners are highly taxed to run the country smiley

Nigeria.... A place where the poor getting poorer and the leaders at the top, richer. And woe betide anybody who dare to challenge them for tax cuts , me me me only undecided

So why blame Mysticgal? She's only voicing her opinion.

God dey

#Tommorow , Cast your vote with your senses # Vote for CHANGE.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by mysticgal(f): 9:10pm On Mar 27, 2015
MARKone:

At bolded, it is like you see poor people as vermin of the earth, 'if they want children' undecided who doesn't want a child(ren). Like I said, your submission is biased and contradictory, re-read and edit.
I for one do not want a child.why? because I am not financially and emotionally stable.

1 Like

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by MARKone(m): 9:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
mysticgal:

I for one do not want a child.why? because I am not financially and emotionally stable.

Do not wish bad upon yourself my dear.....mysticgal are you married?
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by juman(m): 10:12pm On Mar 27, 2015
They have right to live their lifes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Hate My Life And Wants To Die. / Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? / Photos Of Wizkid’s Son, This Boy Got Swag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.