Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Photos: Condition Swells Boy's Head To Twice Its Normal Size - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Photos: Condition Swells Boy's Head To Twice Its Normal Size (919 Views)

Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? / Man Suffers Health Condition That Made His P3n!s Grow 10 Times Its Normal Size / PHOTOS: Woman's Belly Swells After Gall Bladder Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Condition Swells Boy's Head To Twice Its Normal Size by manpo2k(m): 2:11am On Mar 28, 2015
The family of a three-year-old boy whose brain has swelled to twice its normal size have made a desperate appeal for life-saving surgery.

Cao Pengwei was diagnosed with hydrocephalus - where fluids build up in the brain's chamber - when he was two.

Treatment to slow the swelling has not worked and he must now undergo an operation to drain the fluid from his brain.

Cao, whose head measures more than 80cms because of the condition, has had to leave hospital in Jiujiang City, in Xiushui County, twice already because his family could not afford the hospital bills.

Speaking through tears, mum Ding Meiling said it was heartbreaking to watch him suffer.

'I've been worn out by the treatment but I don't want to give up,' she said.

'I don't have any solution now. I hope people with kind hearts can help my son.'

One to two of every 1,000 babies are born with hydrocephalus, making it as common as Down’s syndrome, according to the Hydrocephalus Association.

Although shunts are permanent, they are prone to infection and blockage, which means patients may require several operations during their lifetime.

Most of those with by the condition have impaired mental and physical ability, although the effects can vary widely.

'Doctors suggested us to arrange the surgery, but we have no money,' his father said.

'We are desperately hoping someone could help our son.' Ding adds: 'We'll save him, no matter the cost.'

More gist on www.wetinhappen.com.ng

Re: Photos: Condition Swells Boy's Head To Twice Its Normal Size by Fairgodwin(m): 2:15am On Mar 28, 2015
Lord have mercy!
Re: Photos: Condition Swells Boy's Head To Twice Its Normal Size by segzyj(m): 2:24am On Mar 28, 2015
Blood of God
Re: Photos: Condition Swells Boy's Head To Twice Its Normal Size by Nobody: 4:42am On Mar 28, 2015
Hydrocephalus , seen many cases like this....The sunset eyes is characteristic....
Re: Photos: Condition Swells Boy's Head To Twice Its Normal Size by nairalife2013(m): 4:43am On Mar 28, 2015
Oh God!
Re: Photos: Condition Swells Boy's Head To Twice Its Normal Size by Cpumping(m): 5:53am On Mar 28, 2015
tamuno jesu
Re: Photos: Condition Swells Boy's Head To Twice Its Normal Size by Yustash001(m): 6:46am On Mar 28, 2015
Subhanallah..... shocked

(1) (Reply)

He Has A Dark Patch Around His Mustach Area / Vomiting Blood Overview / Foods To Eat For Healthy Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.