Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

2015 Presidential Election Live Update - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Presidential Election Live Update (1891 Views)

APC Rally For Rivers Rerun Election (Live Photos) / INEC Announces Results Of Edo Governorship Election: Live Updates / Rivers Rerun Election: Live Result Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Presidential Election Live Update by lafex: 5:50am On Mar 28, 2015
Let us recall that there 14 candidates contesting for the position of the president of federal republic of Nigeria with their names as follows.
Tunde Anifowose-Kelani - AA
Rufus Salawu - AD
Alhaji Ganiyu Galadima - ACPN
Mani Ahmad - ADC
Ayeni Adebayo - APA
Muhannadu Buhari - APC
Sam Eke - CPC
Ambrose Owuru - Hope Party
Comfort Sonaiya - KOWA
Martin Onovo - NCP
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan - PDP
Allagoa Chinedu - PPN
Godson Okoye - UDP
Chekwas Okorie - UPP
But the two major contestant are Muhammadu Buhari of APC and Goodluck Ebele Jonathan of PDP.

Muhammadu Buhari (born 17 December 1942) is a Nigerian politician and a retired Major General in the Nigerian Army who was Head of State of Nigeria from 31 December 1983 to 27 August 1985, after taking power in a military coup d'état.[3][4] The term Buharism is ascribed to the Buhari military government.[5][6] He also ran unsuccessfully for the office of President in the 2003, 2007 and 2011 elections. In December 2014, he emerged as the Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress, for the 2015 elections. A native of Daura in Katsina State, Buhari is of the Fulani ethnic background, and his faith is Sunni Islam.
Reference; http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari
On the other hand, Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan, GCFR, BNER, GCON (born 20 November 1957)[1] is a Nigerian politician who has been President of Nigeria since 2010. Prior to his role as President, he served as Governor of Bayelsa State from 2005 to 2007 and as Vice-President of Nigeria from 2007 to 2010. Jonathan is a member of the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP).
Reference: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodluck_Jonathan

Post the update of the election live from your area starting from deployment of adhoc staff, to the accreditation of voters cards, to the voting proper, to the collation of result and the announcement of the winner
Thanks

Re: 2015 Presidential Election Live Update by vanhelsing2099(m): 5:56am On Mar 28, 2015
I dont usually comment but when i do...
Stil sleeping
Re: 2015 Presidential Election Live Update by Elcapo(m): 6:11am On Mar 28, 2015
Marching for Buhari

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election Live Update by Vyolet(f): 6:13am On Mar 28, 2015
I will report from my side,hoping all will go violent free.
#Nigeriadecides
Re: 2015 Presidential Election Live Update by martincbarton: 6:17am On Mar 28, 2015
Noted
Re: 2015 Presidential Election Live Update by Mamaflex(f): 6:41am On Mar 28, 2015
Following
Re: 2015 Presidential Election Live Update by UTILITYMAY(m): 6:43am On Mar 28, 2015
Before being MILITARY Head of State, he had been Governor of one of the Northern States (under Obasanjo’s Military government) as well as Minister for Petroleum. He later served as Chairman of PTF under Abacha.

He is a no-nonsense man, hence you can never see anyone accuse him of corruption..

In his time as Head of State, he did not implement Sharia law; he reduced inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal discipline and a homegrown economic team (not achieved under any other era, even military).

He is the only former head of state that does not own property or land in Abuja .

Despite serving in senior capacity in the oil sector, first as Minister for Petroleum and then Petroleum Trust Fund, Buhari has no petrol station, much less a rig, refinery or an oil block like so many of our leaders. He could have retired into nauseating opulence like most of his counterparts (IBB or Danjuma or even OBJ) but didn't.

He refused to collect an allowance while serving as Chairman of the PTF because he said since he was already drawing a pension from government, his conscience would not allow him to draw another salary from the purse of the same government.

His personal driver of many years is a Christian from Plateau State!

JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs before him, and killed all the corrupt leaders, while Buhari only sentenced the corrupt leaders here to prison.

I hope this makes sense to you or is it story for the gods?

#VoteWisely

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election Live Update by Abdulsalam20(m): 6:50am On Mar 28, 2015

following thread..........

[waiting patiently for the election to start ptoper so i can vote that otuoke man back to his village

SAI BUHARI............#TEAMCHANGE

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election Live Update by Deiok(m): 6:51am On Mar 28, 2015
I will be reporting live from my polling ward

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election Live Update by DeXpertTutors: 6:52am On Mar 28, 2015
I wish BUHARI goodluck

Mod do the needful

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election Live Update by sirugos(m): 6:54am On Mar 28, 2015
Elcapo:
Marching for Buhari
ewu ohia.. The op said report or update and U re here campaigning.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election Live Update by PassingShot(m): 6:54am On Mar 28, 2015
Please all progressives should proceed to their various polling units and make sure you go with your phone fully charged to record any untoward happening. The stakes are high.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election Live Update by ojutiku1: 7:01am On Mar 28, 2015
Re: 2015 Presidential Election Live Update by Elcapo(m): 7:07am On Mar 28, 2015
sirugos:
Campaigning Would u have loved marching for jonah?
We're marching for buhari here, Į̸̸̨§n't that enough report for y'all?!
Re: 2015 Presidential Election Live Update by lafex: 7:37am On Mar 28, 2015
Keep the report coming.......
Re: 2015 Presidential Election Live Update by ishiamu(m): 7:38am On Mar 28, 2015
sirugos:
Re: 2015 Presidential Election Live Update by capip120(m): 7:40am On Mar 28, 2015
will post pictures of live happenings around me.
Voters are queuing up already for accreditation which starts by 8.00am
The queue can be seen in pictures below
An INEC space bus can be seen ready to dispatch workers to other polling unit.
A police patrol vehicle can also bee seen around that polling unit.

1 Share

Re: 2015 Presidential Election Live Update by babasanti: 7:41am On Mar 28, 2015
Yes he was a no nonsense military rulerbut incited his supporters after he lost to GEJ to destroy lives and property. Over 1,000 people lost their lives with more than 11 youth corpers killed. Vote wisely
Re: 2015 Presidential Election Live Update by hopilo: 7:45am On Mar 28, 2015
My PVC in my pocket, Heading to polling unit. JEGA said 8am kickoff time.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election Live Update by lafex: 8:53am On Mar 28, 2015
Keep the update coming.....

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Who Predicted Jonathan’s Defeat Says What Will Happen To Buhari, Agbaje / Senator Jummai Alhassan Emerges First Female Elected Governor In Nigeria / If Buhari's Cows Is Like This How Will Nigeria Be In Next Four Years?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.