Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,722 members, 7,824,051 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Poll: Oshiomhole Condemns Minister’s Alleged Vehicle Gift To Military - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poll: Oshiomhole Condemns Minister’s Alleged Vehicle Gift To Military (592 Views)

Governor Oshiomhole Condemns The Postponement Of The Edo Governorship Election / Boko Haram Kills 4 Vigilantes While Others Surrender To Military(photos / Obasanjo Uncovers Plot To Hand Over To Military Should Jonathan Lose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poll: Oshiomhole Condemns Minister’s Alleged Vehicle Gift To Military by lalasticlala(m): 9:09am On Mar 28, 2015
Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, on Friday condemned alleged donation of 14 Hilux vehicles by the Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen, to the Nigerian Army for election monitoring.

Oshiomhole told journalists in Benin that the vehicles were first parked at the premises of a private construction company in the state capital before they were transferred to the 4 Brigade headquarters of the Nigerian Army.

The governor said that the state government received intelligence report that the vehicles were to be used to convey soldiers in mufti to intimidate voters, saying it was inappropriate for the military to seek logistic support from a political party chieftain.

Oshiomhole said, “The Commander of the 4 Brigade told me that the vehicles were donated by RCC because he approached RCC for support. I told him that it is wrong; the Brigade commander cannot approach Israelis to provide them with security when Edo State Government is here.

“He has not made such request to me and I reminded him that the Israelis people cannot be assumed to have special interest in the peace and security of Nigeria than the government of Edo State. After all, we set up Operation Thunderstorm which encouraged the military to complement the efforts of the police.

“I denounce the idea. Information is that these vehicles were delivered by the minister of works, but the Brigade commander said they were provided by the RCC. But whether RCC or minister of works, this is irregular,” he said.

But efforts to reach one of the aides to the minister were not successful.

The spokesperson for the 4 Brigade Command, Capt. Abdullahi Abubakar, said he could not comment on the matter.

http://www.punchng.com/news/poll-oshiomhole-decries-ministers-vehicle-gift-to-military/
Re: Poll: Oshiomhole Condemns Minister’s Alleged Vehicle Gift To Military by justi4jesu(f): 9:11am On Mar 28, 2015
#VotenotFight#
Re: Poll: Oshiomhole Condemns Minister’s Alleged Vehicle Gift To Military by phlemzy: 9:11am On Mar 28, 2015
Osho baba,let them receive the gift,it has nothing to change!
Re: Poll: Oshiomhole Condemns Minister’s Alleged Vehicle Gift To Military by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 28, 2015
PDP always have an ulterior motive. Trust them at your own peril.
Re: Poll: Oshiomhole Condemns Minister’s Alleged Vehicle Gift To Military by Rilwayn001: 9:12am On Mar 28, 2015
It is not by mere chance that the general election falls on
the last saturday of the month which as we all know is
sanitation day. I have my broom on my left hand and my
precious PVC on my right hand.. I am sweeping away bad
governance...
Re: Poll: Oshiomhole Condemns Minister’s Alleged Vehicle Gift To Military by oakson: 9:14am On Mar 28, 2015
with my broom in my left hand and my pvc in my right hand am sweeping out cluelessness and voting out corruption!
Together let's ignite the vehicle of CHANGE
Bruuuum bruuum bruuuum
Don't b left out join the wagon
Re: Poll: Oshiomhole Condemns Minister’s Alleged Vehicle Gift To Military by dunkem21(m): 9:18am On Mar 28, 2015
The cries have started. grin
Re: Poll: Oshiomhole Condemns Minister’s Alleged Vehicle Gift To Military by Kennedymac(m): 9:23am On Mar 28, 2015
grin election never finish una don dey cry
Re: Poll: Oshiomhole Condemns Minister’s Alleged Vehicle Gift To Military by ionsman: 9:25am On Mar 28, 2015
Here in my polling unit at ugbowo Benin city, CHANGE is the mantra.

Jonathan is FINISHED.
Re: Poll: Oshiomhole Condemns Minister’s Alleged Vehicle Gift To Military by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 28, 2015
Sai Buhari

Re: Poll: Oshiomhole Condemns Minister’s Alleged Vehicle Gift To Military by 2Brains1(m): 9:27am On Mar 28, 2015
Osho baba GMB will still win. Don't worry
Re: Poll: Oshiomhole Condemns Minister’s Alleged Vehicle Gift To Military by BabaNath(m): 9:29am On Mar 28, 2015
All through the electioneering season, APC focused on Buhari, and PDP did same. please when you get to your polling booth, let your thumbprint focus on Buhari's box on the ballot paper. #PleaseVoteChange
Re: Poll: Oshiomhole Condemns Minister’s Alleged Vehicle Gift To Military by AbuMikey(m): 9:35am On Mar 28, 2015
Whether they like it or not, CHANGE HAS COME.
Re: Poll: Oshiomhole Condemns Minister’s Alleged Vehicle Gift To Military by omanifrank(m): 10:24am On Mar 28, 2015
it is well

(1) (Reply)

Picture : An Advice To Youth Corpers. / The Lord Has Spoken / For The Nollywood Actors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.