Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

What Will You Do If Offered Money To Sell Your Vote? (Read What They Will Do) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will You Do If Offered Money To Sell Your Vote? (Read What They Will Do) (422 Views)

I Was Offered Money To Rig Bayelsa Polls- Bayelsa REC / I Was Offered Money To Rig Bayelsa Polls, Says INEC Chief / I Was Offered Money To Rig Bayelsa Polls, Says INEC Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do If Offered Money To Sell Your Vote? (Read What They Will Do) by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 28, 2015
In the build-up to the 2015 elections, there have been various reports of politicians going about inducing voters with money and gifts to gain votes. Saturday PUNCH went out to ask some Nigerians what they would do if any candidate approached them with money in order to gain their votes

The money would be for my upkeep

Mrs. Olayinka Bakare, unemployed

I have a PVC but I am not ready to go out and vote on election day. The only thing that would make me leave my house on election day is if I am promised a job and if there is assurance that it is not just another promise that would go unfulfilled. I have been jobless since last year and things have really been hard for me. I started a business last year when I lost my job. I was selling meat but the business also folded up later. Now, I don’t even know what to do. Voting is the last thing on my mind. So, if anybody gives me money to vote for him, that money would be for my upkeep, not voting.

I will never collect money to vote

Mrs. Bolaji Tiamiyu, Trader

No matter what anybody pays me, I would not change my mind about who I would vote for. I have realised that politicians are liars. I am not ready to sell my vote. How can I sell my vote when I know that they would end up deceiving me? I have been told that our votes are powerful and I am ready to use it to fight for my right. I will go out and vote but would never collect anybody’s money to change my mind.

It’s an insult to offer me money

Idris Abu, anti-corruption crusader

I would not vote on sentiment and neither would I vote based on pecuniary benefit. I have been carrying my PVC on me since I got it because I know how important it is. I would not change my mind about my candidate for any reason. I am not one of those people who vote without genuine reasons. I have weighed my options and made a choice about who to vote for based on those reasons. It will even be an insult for anybody to offer me money for me to change my mind on who to vote for.

I can’t sell my children’s future

Mrs. Kehinde Adejare, plantain seller

I would not collect money to vote for someone, ever. This election is a destiny vote. I have to ensure that I don’t sell my children’s destiny. I cannot collect peanut just to vote for someone and my children begin to suffer in the future. I would only be destroying their future and I cannot do that. If we all sell our votes, bad people would continue to stay in power and we would continue to be poor. I sell food by the roadside. I want my life to improve and I cannot contribute to my own poverty.

Nobody can bribe me

Abimbola Arike, trader

I am ready to vote and would never sell my vote. I am not hungry to the extent of collecting money so that I can change my mind. Nothing will make me change my mind about who to vote for. I am not contented with where I am but I cannot blame politicians because they do their best. It is my right to vote for whoever I like. This is why nobody would bribe me into voting for them.

I’ll not collect it

Alex O, musician

I think the most important thing is whether I believe in the policies the candidate is selling. If the person’s policies make sense to me, that is the person I would vote for. Some people might take the money and still vote for whoever they want to vote for because nobody would be there when you are voting. It boils down to who you think can give you what you are looking for. I would not collect the money because I would vote based on who I believe would make the country a better place.

My vote not for sale.

What Will You Do?

http://www.punchng.com/news/vox-pop/what-will-you-do-if-politicians-offer-you-money-for-votes/

(1) (Reply)

Inec Website Hacked / Inec Website Back Online / Who Becomes Nigeria’s First Lady: Patience Or Aisha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.