Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Career Opportunity For Perl Programmers (Linux And mySQL Required) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Career Opportunity For Perl Programmers (Linux And mySQL Required) (965 Views)

Android Quiz Application With Json Parser, Php And Mysql Database / Microsoft Ports. NET To Linux And Macintosh, Goes Open-sources; Is Java Doomed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Opportunity For Perl Programmers (Linux And mySQL Required) by rconsultng: 5:57pm On Jan 21, 2009
A leading ICT firm in Nigeria requires the services of application software developers.

The openings are for experienced practitioners in the field of information technology and software developments. A degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related discipline would be an added advantage.

The sought candidates must possess:

* at least two (2) years experience using the Linux/UNIX operating system (preferably RedHat/Fedora/CentOS Linux)
* working knowledge of any of Microsoft's recent operating systems (NT/W2K,W2K3)
* at least three (3) years proveable experience in software development especially of web application development and system integration/customization.
* mandatory advanced knowledge of Perl, mySQL and Apache webserver.
* working knowledge of Internet technologies i.e. DNS, email protocols
* optional knowledge of PHP, Python, Java or Postgresql.
* experience in designing, implementing, testing and deploying software application to meet user specifications.
* relevant skills in project management, system analysis and software documentation.
* strong oral and written communication skills.

The candidates must also be highly creative, self-driven and result-oriented. They must be able to work alone or within a team and be able to manage multiple, concurrent tasks.

Interested candidates should please email current copies of their resume to
therecruiter@recruitconsultsng.org with the subject Application Software Developer Ref: 2009/01/ASD.

Please highlight the requirements listed above in your submissions.

Closing date:30th of January 2009
Re: Career Opportunity For Perl Programmers (Linux And mySQL Required) by Godmann(m): 6:47am On Jan 23, 2009
Are you real? How much will you pay for all those qualification listed? Are you expecting real experience with all those tools or do you want paper/cv claims?

Nigeria, just use you pen and name all the tools you have heard of. Try know what you want first. I tell you the so called company does not know what they want.
Re: Career Opportunity For Perl Programmers (Linux And mySQL Required) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 23, 2009
@Godman - i have just been keepin quite since i first saw this post - wat i noticed was they seem to want a universal crossplatform programmer and web developer with loads of certificates, recommendations and all - plus lots of repetitions there - i mean wat will i be doing with perl these days when there is asp, jsp, php, asp.net [they used perl as core requirement and php as secondary i wonder why since they both run well on both platforms],
I wish them luck anyway - it is the least i can do.
Re: Career Opportunity For Perl Programmers (Linux And mySQL Required) by aartaxerxe(m): 1:52am On Feb 01, 2009
A good Perl developer will have all of these qualities. And a bad Perl developer is easy to spot, Just give them a test, I am quite tempted to apply for this.

Perl is used on a surprising number of the worlds most used sites. Amazon, Yahoo, eBay, IMDb, BBC, craigslist, delicious and is a truly wonderful language when you know it well.

(1) (Reply)

'the System Cannot Find The Path Specified' / "Apply Via API" / Google Launches Free Streaming Service, Play Music, In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.