Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Dash Board Display Light Of 2004 EOD Apears Dull - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dash Board Display Light Of 2004 EOD Apears Dull (1723 Views)

I am in Need of 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Air Bag Clock Spring / Navigation Screen Of 2004 EOD / Photo: Warri Billionaire Ayiri Emami's Toys On Display (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dash Board Display Light Of 2004 EOD Apears Dull by coolsegun2002: 11:40am On Mar 28, 2015
3days ago I noticed dat the usual bright, beautiful display on the dash board of my car goes dim nd very dull whenever I put on the full light.it bcomes bright again once I put off the full light...everyoda thing seems fine, car starts fine without delay,full light aint dull,..what could be the cause...pls any clues??
Re: Dash Board Display Light Of 2004 EOD Apears Dull by luvinhubby(m): 11:47am On Mar 28, 2015
Probably a new driver.
Dashboard lights are supposed to dim with headlamps on. Do not get scammed by any rewire.

1 Like

Re: Dash Board Display Light Of 2004 EOD Apears Dull by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:14pm On Mar 28, 2015
coolsegun2002:
3days ago I noticed dat the usual bright, beautiful display on the dash board of my car goes dim nd very dull whenever I put on the full light.it bcomes bright again once I put off the full light...everyoda thing seems fine, car starts fine without delay,full light aint dull,..what could be the cause...pls any clues??

The 2001 accord all the way to 2011 Accord's both have/had a knob for changing the
brightness of the dash lights.  Right there in the gauge cluster.  The
button that you press to cycle through the trip meters, turn it...
Re: Dash Board Display Light Of 2004 EOD Apears Dull by coolsegun2002: 12:26pm On Mar 28, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

The 2001 accord all the way to 2011 Accord's both have/had a knob for changing the
brightness of the dash lights.  Right there in the gauge cluster.  The
button that you press to cycle through the trip meters, turn it...

I've chcked dat, I said it automatically goes very dull wheni switch on the full light..nd brightens again when I switch off the full light
Re: Dash Board Display Light Of 2004 EOD Apears Dull by lonelydora: 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2015
No need to panic. That "Trip reset button" on the instrument cluster, just turn it to your right until it gets to the end. Turning to right increases the brightness while turning to the left decreases the brightness. It will remain bright as long as the button gets to the end.
Re: Dash Board Display Light Of 2004 EOD Apears Dull by lonelydora: 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2015
coolsegun2002:

I've chcked dat, I said it automatically goes very dull wheni switch on the full light..nd brightens again when I switch off the full light

Yes, this is because the button has not gotten to the end. Make sure it gets to the end.
Re: Dash Board Display Light Of 2004 EOD Apears Dull by Raymie(m): 1:08pm On Mar 28, 2015
coolsegun2002:

in some cars, dash lights dim when brights are used. So except its a recent development in yhur vehicle, I'd say its normal.
Re: Dash Board Display Light Of 2004 EOD Apears Dull by Titan5g: 5:58pm On Mar 28, 2015
Is this at day or night. The instrument cluster light is supposed to be bright at night, dull at day
Re: Dash Board Display Light Of 2004 EOD Apears Dull by coolsegun2002: 10:05am On Mar 29, 2015
Thank God for nairaland....I turned the knob this morn to the end like u all said And damn!!! The light became bright...I'm so grateful for ur tips...rewire tech for don chop my money
Re: Dash Board Display Light Of 2004 EOD Apears Dull by lonelydora: 9:40pm On Mar 29, 2015
coolsegun2002:
Thank God for nairaland....I turned the knob this morn to the end like u all said And damn!!! The light became bright...I'm so grateful for ur tips...rewire tech for don chop my money

I told you. You will even notice a kind of "lock" feeling when it gets to the end.

(1) (Reply)

Bringing A Registered Car From Guinea Conakry To Nigeria / This Gold Rolls-Royce Is On Sale For ~£118K,But You Can Only Buy It With Bitcoin / Which Of The Two Cars Is Good Between Toyota Picnic And Toyota Sienna Model 1998

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.