Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,154 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research (45660 Views)

11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies / 19 Things (you May Not Know) You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera / Three Uses For Your Phone's Camera That Don't Involve Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by hemor(m): 2:39pm On Mar 29, 2015
SmooshCHN:
Yes o. Even up to white balance. Those phones won the likes of iPhone and Samsung because they perform OK with automatic offering impatient users the ease to just click click click and get satisfactory results.
bro I want to ask a question though it might sound stupid but i will ask anyway.

Can a camera app improve picture quality? I always feel like google camera has a better picture quality than my default camera. Though it's very hard to notice the difference but I just feel like it's better. Also some people say camera360 and cymera also inprove quality so I want to confirm from a professional like you.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by martineverest(m): 2:44pm On Mar 29, 2015
And do u realise dat mac os is d most vulnerable desktop os?......what happened to macbook air 2015?...a total mess....why is Microsoft surface pro 3 giving ipads and MBA headache?..do u realise dat windows(both fone and desktop) os re the smoothest of all os?why is windows 10 seen as the last os or android killer?...do u relise dat apple is no longer innovative as b4?..have u heard of microsoft hololens and surface hub?.....apple died since steve jobs died
hemor:

Apple has never been overrated, they have good products and good brand. Windows is the one being overrated and as for windows 10 there's nothing exciting about it because i use the technical preview version except they add new features to it before releasing the public and more stable version.

If we rate all desktop operating systems with whatever way you wish to rate them windows will never come first except if you're rating according to user friendliness(windows is very user friendly and easy to use compared to others) and number of users and i can tell you confidently that if Apple start licensing mac OS to other manufacturers today it will have more users than windows in less than 2 years (everybody loves Apple including you).

Rating According to User Interface
1. Macintosh
2. Windows (i personally prefer ubuntu U.I to windows but I want to go with the public)
3. Ubuntu

Rating According to Stability
1. Ubuntu and all Linux OS
2. Macintosh
3. Windows

* Ubuntu and Mac rarely crash but windows crash a lot. You'll know that if you're the type that likes testing apps especially beta versions

Rating According to Number of Developers
1. Ubuntu and all Linux OS
2. Windows
3. Mac

* Linux has a lot of developers because it's open source. That's why android has more developers than any other mobile OS.

I did not get those ratings anywhere but I'm sure any computer geek who has used the 3 OS will agree with me.

Finally - Apple is not overrated but it's definitely overpriced. Well everything nowadays is overpriced starting from #50 table water.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by Feraz(m): 2:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
hemor:

bro I want to ask a question though it might sound stupid but i will ask anyway.

Can a camera app improve picture quality? I always feel like google camera has a better picture quality than my default camera. Though it's very hard to notice the difference but I just feel like it's better. Also some people say camera360 and cymera also inprove quality so I want to confirm from a professional like you.
It does. Using a Lumia phone as a case study, I remember Lumia camera a better picture quality than the default camera. Even when you update to the latest version, you will see differences like less noise etc.

1 Like

Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by adakwe: 2:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
My Z10 rocks.You need to see the pictures taken with it at night. it's cool
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by martineverest(m): 2:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
It doesnt, it only enhance d picture,just like photoshop
hemor:

Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by SmooshCHN: 2:53pm On Mar 29, 2015
hemor:

LOL. I'm not a Pro but I'll try my best to answer. 3rd Party apps cannot give better image quality than that your phone produces by default. What some of these 3rd party apps do is improve the images by adding post processing effect like reducing Noise (Sometimes when you take a Selfie of photo in the dark, it appears to be like there are dust in the pictures) These apps sometimes automatically reduces the noise you see and replace then with the surrounding colours. That can improve the image by its look. But overall I use Camera360 and after adding special effects, your image cannot be more than 8MP even if your default camera shot it at 16 or 12 which reduces the quality. In general they mostly reduces the picture quality but makes the photo looks better. Some of these apps add to the picture size which would be deceiving you to believe they improve the quality.

If you need to used these apps look at their settings. If they don't allow you to save your final photo with the highest resolution it came with, then it has definitely taken something away from quality but the images might look better. Here is an example.

The first image is edited Black and White and I saved it at 20MP with Pixlr Express but when I imported it to Camera360 I forget to save my image with the highest Camera360 offers which it 8Mp and ended up with a 2MP image. Though it looked better with the colours but I never liked it as the quality was Subpar.
They help images look better but don't improve quality. I hope that helps.

1 Share

Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by UjSizzle(f): 2:54pm On Mar 29, 2015
popcykaylah:

for where no techno product can beat that Nokia 930..its got more than 40 mega pixel..
I believe you're referring to the 1020. The 930 has 20MP with the Pureview technology like the former.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by martineverest(m): 2:54pm On Mar 29, 2015
I disagre with u....lumia camera(the best camera app) only enhance the picture...the 'noise'u talk about is from d downsampling of the camera to lower pixels.eg,lumia 1020 with 40mp actually downsamples to 8mp so as to reduce the level of noise.camera app dosnt reduce the noise or improve the picture quality but it only enhances the picture in terms of beauty...if u doubt it,use d new lumia camera 5 app of lumia 1520 or 930to take a pics and transfer it to other fones and see d differences
Feraz:
It does. Using a Lumia phone as a case study, I remember Lumia camera a better picture quality than the default camera. Even when you update to the latest version, you will see differences like less noise etc.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by martineverest(m): 2:58pm On Mar 29, 2015
Lumia 1020 pureview tech is betta dan 930 pureview....the former comes with xenon flash and d later with LED flash
UjSizzle:

I believe you're referring to the 1020. The 930 has 20MP with the Pureview technology like the former.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by SmooshCHN: 3:00pm On Mar 29, 2015
Feraz:
martineverest:
I disagre with u....lumia camera(the best camera app) only enhance the picture...the 'noise'u talk about is from d downsampling of the camera to lower pixels.eg,lumia 1020 with 40mp actually downsamples to 8mp so as to reduce the level of noise.camera app dosnt reduce the noise or improve the picture quality but it only enhances the picture in terms of beauty...if u doubt it,use d new lumia camera 5 app of lumia 1520 or 930to take a pics and transfer it to other fones and see d differences
In terms of quality I think they don't help but in terms of image enhancement like Noise Reduction, Banding, Aberrations they help.
If I have an 8MP camera with noise in it and I use a software with removes the Noise in it and still leaves my picture as 8MP, I'll suspect that app. It might replace my noise with surrounding colour and to me that has improved the image but not the quality.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by olaleke2(m): 3:05pm On Mar 29, 2015
GOOD LIST,SHA..

SECOND PART OF THIS POST IS OUT

https://www.nairaland.com/2224865/part-two-us-page
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by UjSizzle(f): 3:09pm On Mar 29, 2015
martineverest:
Lumia 1020 pureview tech is betta dan 930 pureview....the former comes with xenon flash and d later with LED flash
You'll get no arguments from this quarter. I know that, just like the 930 is a better Pureview than the 830.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by mavelos1o(m): 3:22pm On Mar 29, 2015
if e like, carry 100 gigapixel, that is not the issue. pixel is for resolution. doesn't mean the picture quality is better.
popcykaylah:

for where no techno product can beat that Nokia 930..its got more than 40 mega pixel..
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by Samexdx(m): 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2015
Sony Ericsson all the way
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by mavelos1o(m): 3:37pm On Mar 29, 2015
almost true, linux Ubuntu is really good. i switch between windows and ubuntu. the issue is there aren't much software for linux except you want to Install wine on your ubuntu pc to run windows apps. but why go through that stress? just stick to windows. almost every hardware is supported but how about the drivers? i lost all my trackpad gestures when using linux because i couldn't install the required driver for the hardware, stuff like that. MB & MBP are really good. they have a good ecosytem, everything is integrated perfectly. you need to use a Mac before you complain about it not being good. i've been there. the fact is most people hate change, you can't compare yourselves with a fellow who owns a mac and is willing to buy every software he wants with his money. cos that's one issue with PC users. they will always look for a cracked version of every paid app. i will too as long as its a windows software. it all boils down to what you like. not everyone likes freedom, it can either help you or kill you. Android Phone rooters can explain better grin
martineverest:
And do u realise dat mac os is d most vulnerable desktop os?......what happened to macbook air 2015?...a total mess....why is Microsoft surface pro 3 giving ipads and MBA headache?..do u realise dat windows(both fone and desktop) os re the smoothest of all os?why is windows 10 seen as the last os or android killer?...do u relise dat apple is no longer innovative as b4?..have u heard of microsoft hololens and surface hub?.....apple died since steve jobs died
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by mavelos1o(m): 3:40pm On Mar 29, 2015
Sony Ericsson?? that should be just Sony.
Samexdx:
Sony Ericsson all the way
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by Femistico(m): 4:23pm On Mar 29, 2015
martineverest:
Wereey....dey only did test on what dey have @ hand.....even if s6 is released it cant beat d king of camera(lumia 1020 and nokia 808
both m9 nd s6 is announced on d same day, so how did the analyst have access to m9 and they do not for s6. And can I ask u, is lumia 1020 and nokia 808 on dat list??
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by Emeka71(m): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2015
Kk4:
Microsoft phones are really nice. Especially the camera. I recently bought one and so far I have no regrets.

If you like apps and hd games, stick to androids.
i-phone is boring.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by martineverest(m): 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2015
They test was from high end phones of various manufacturers.....lumia 930 is nowhere near 1020 camera facility.
Femistico:

both m9 nd s6 is announced on d same day, so how did the analyst have access to m9 and they do not for s6. And can I ask u, is lumia 1020 and nokia 808 on dat list??
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by aceswagg: 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
Nokia 808 best camera on a smartphone in the world. Just so u know.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by kings52: 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2015
NDA PAST QUESTIONS and ANSWERS for sale!!!
Call me @O8035125115 or Email @ degozisnweze@yahoo.com and get yours. Serious people only please
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by kings52: 4:59pm On Mar 29, 2015
NDA PAST QUESTIONS and ANSWERS for sale!!!
Call me @O8035125115 or Email @ degozisnweze@yahoo.com and get yours. Serious people only please

Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2015
martineverest:
Phonearena.com conducted camera 'blind test' on high end phones, and here are the top phone cameras:
1) lumia 930
2) samsung galaxy note 4
3) iphone 6 plus
4) google nexus 6
5) samsung galaxy s5
6) htc one m9
Phone arena is owned by who? a town crier , need not to say, these are the only phones he or she knew.Pull over
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 29, 2015
whyx06:

I agree wt u.... lwkm ooooh Wit my z1 compact mini
z1? there is something most of you guys don't understand, your phone has a very good camera does not mean it's the best. right from time lumia phones tops all list.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by Rexyl(m): 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2015
martineverest:
Phonearena.com conducted camera 'blind test' on high end phones, and here are the top phone cameras:
1) lumia 930
2) samsung galaxy note 4
3) iphone 6 plus
4) google nexus 6
5) samsung galaxy s5
6) htc one m9

I thought iPhone had the best phone camera, don't know other phones have better camera.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by martineverest(m): 6:04pm On Mar 29, 2015
Of a truth,iphones are nowhere near the five best camera phone of all time......nokia 808.lumia 1020,lumia1520,samsung galaxy k zoom and lumia 928
Rexyl:

I thought iPhone had the best phone camera, don't know other phones have better camera.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 29, 2015
martineverest:
1) lumia 930
2) samsung galaxy note 4
3) iphone 6 plus
4) google nexus 6
5) samsung galaxy s5
6) htc one m9

Please do you know the price of Samsung galaxy note 4?
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by hemor(m): 6:18pm On Mar 29, 2015
mavelos1o:
almost true, linux Ubuntu is really good. i switch between windows and ubuntu. the issue is there aren't much software for linux except you want to Install wine on your ubuntu pc to run windows apps. but why go through that stress? just stick to windows. almost every hardware is supported but how about the drivers? i lost all my trackpad gestures when using linux because i couldn't install the required driver for the hardware, stuff like that. MB & MBP are really good. they have a good ecosytem, everything is integrated perfectly. you need to use a Mac before you complain about it not being good. i've been there. the fact is most people hate change, you can't compare yourselves with a fellow who owns a mac and is willing to buy every software he wants with his money. cos that's one issue with PC users. they will always look for a cracked version of every paid app. i will too as long as its a windows software. it all boils down to what you like. not everyone likes freedom, it can either help you or kill you. Android Phone rooters can explain better grin
Ubuntu have a lot of softwares (i don't know about games tho) the only problem is you have to install most of them from terminal (command prompt) you can also use ubuntu software manager but most people prefer to stick to terminal. If you're good with terminal you'll love ubuntu or Linux as a whole
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 29, 2015
martineverest:
1) lumia 930
2) samsung galaxy note 4
3) iphone 6 plus
4) google nexus 6
5) samsung galaxy s5
6) htc one m9

The S6 is the best camera we've seen yet, unseating even the great iPhone 6 Plus. Samsung has taken a break from megapixel inflation (staying with the same 16 MP as the Galaxy S5) and zeroed in on image quality. An infrared sensor is meant to help the camera gauge lighting conditions for better white balance, or neutral color cast. That might explain the mostly accurate colors we saw, especially in low-light images. A roughly 30 percent larger aperture over the Galaxy S5's (f/1.9 vs. f/2.2) also helped produce brighter low-light images at faster shutter speeds. Combined with optical image stabilization (a first for the Galaxy S series), the S6 delivered very sharp photos in dim lighting. The camera's phase-detection autofocus is nearly as quick as the iPhone 6 Plus's, and face recognition is dependable. Focus tracking allows the camera to keep your subject sharp while you're shooting video or a burst of photos. Other upgrades, including a 0.7-second startup time and a 5-MP, f/1.9 front cam, make the Galaxy S6 phone camera the one to beat.

1 Like

Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by mavelos1o(m): 6:25pm On Mar 29, 2015
yeah games don't really go well with ubuntu, i installed google SketchUp once on ubuntu and i couldn't use keyboard shortcuts. had to move back to Windows 10. and my Bluetooth wasn't working fine.
hemor:

Ubuntu have a lot of softwares (i don't know about games tho) the only problem is you have to install most of them from terminal (command prompt) you can also use ubuntu software manager but most people prefer to stick to terminal. If you're good with terminal you'll love ubuntu or Linux as a whole
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by martineverest(m): 6:36pm On Mar 29, 2015
And have u heard of lumia 1020 and nokia 808.....they re camera flaship of the world and still unbeatable after 2yrs
danjumakolo:

The S6 is the best camera we've seen yet, unseating even the great iPhone 6 Plus. Samsung has taken a break from megapixel inflation (staying with the same 16 MP as the Galaxy S5) and zeroed in on image quality. An infrared sensor is meant to help the camera gauge lighting conditions for better white balance, or neutral color cast. That might explain the mostly accurate colors we saw, especially in low-light images. A roughly 30 percent larger aperture over the Galaxy S5's (f/1.9 vs. f/2.2) also helped produce brighter low-light images at faster shutter speeds. Combined with optical image stabilization (a first for the Galaxy S series), the S6 delivered very sharp photos in dim lighting. The camera's phase-detection autofocus is nearly as quick as the iPhone 6 Plus's, and face recognition is dependable. Focus tracking allows the camera to keep your subject sharp while you're shooting video or a burst of photos. Other upgrades, including a 0.7-second startup time and a 5-MP, f/1.9 front cam, make the Galaxy S6 phone camera the one to beat.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by Osegancy(m): 6:38pm On Mar 29, 2015
non of d above listed phone has d best camera where we d Sony Xperia z1 z2 z3 and xperia z4. try and xperience any of d xperia phone n see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airtel 1GB For N200 Valid For 7days / How To Subscribe To The Etisalat Blackberry Daily Plans / See 6 Of The Most Dangerous Selfies Ever Taken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.