Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,443 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Who Has Disenfranchised The South? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Has Disenfranchised The South? (439 Views)

Inec, PDP Disenfranchised Me - Yinka Olaofe, UPN Ogun Assembly Candidate (pics) / Taraba PDP Chair’s Name Missing In Inec’s Register And700-others Disenfranchised / Disenfranchised Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Disenfranchised The South? by IamOValentine(m): 9:12pm On Mar 28, 2015
By: O. Valentine
Email: iamovalentine@gmail.com
Twitter: IamO_Valentine

I wouldn't be far from truism to predict that a perfectly designed scheme to delibrately disenfranchise some selected fragments of the South West and South South geo-political zone through shortage of voting materials has been successfuly undertaken.

Interestingly, it's absolutely no coincidence that the North with the highest number of registered voters and the major enclave of Muhammadu Buhari's kiths and kins went through a relatively hitch-free electioning process.

As a buttress, here is an update from highly regarded journalist, Kelechi Deca. This is a similitude of reported situations in a handful of centers in semi-urban lagos.

''At Ezeagbogu Polling Booth 1, Ezinihitte Mbaise, there are 400 accredited voters but INEC provided only 200 ballot papers.

At 37 Ajisegiri Polling Booth 045 Egbe,Lagos with over 1000 accredited voters,only 200 ballot papers were brought.

At Nkwogwu Nguru Nwenkwo Booth, Aboh Mbaise, similar incident occurred where 230 ballot papers were provided for 450 accredited voters.

In my community of Ezeagbogu Mbaise, there are 6 polling booths, all had incomplete materials so the youth got angry and told INEC staff that voting will not take place until enough ballot papers were provided. My mother confirmed they didn't vote.''
Re: Who Has Disenfranchised The South? by cjrane: 9:28pm On Mar 28, 2015
It was a deliberate plot. But, hopefully tomorrow people will still be enthusiastic as today and turn out massively to have their voice heard.

Meanwhile, see the type of kids Jega's officials are allowing to queue on the line and they are allowing them to vote in Kano.

(1) (Reply)

... / Results To Be Declared Tommorrow / Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over PDP, APC Presidential Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.