Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,579 members, 7,861,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:39 PM

Fashola Shuts Aswani Market - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Shuts Aswani Market (10906 Views)

PENGASSAN Shuts Down PPPRA Offices Over Appointment Issues (Photo) / El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital / FG Shuts Ascon, Integrated, Mobil, Oando, Sahara, Others Over Oil Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Shuts Aswani Market by udezue(m): 11:47pm On Feb 02, 2009
So wrong for that. Provide the people with another location or another alternative b4 rendering them poorer than they are already. Typical Naija government. No compassion.
Re: Fashola Shuts Aswani Market by tonyissey1(m): 4:22am On Feb 03, 2009
we ave had issues where govt relocated traders but the traders still want govt to develope it to THEIR OWN TASTE i think its high time we allow govt concetrate on capital projects i think Lagos should have a plan and thats what the govt is following we cant just turn everywhere into markets i was at the awolowo mkt in mushin and the once empty market was now filled up with those on the roads that were displace and i now asked a few of them where they came from and was told that they were the once that use to be on the road and a few of them said that they get more costumers on the roads becos most costumers feel reluctant to enter the markets and some even prefer to be serviced while in their cars or hold ups as they dont want to come down from their vehicles so we all ave a part to play in building a new Lagos
Re: Fashola Shuts Aswani Market by Kobojunkie: 4:33am On Feb 03, 2009
tony_issey:

we ave had issues where govt relocated traders but the traders still want govt to develope it to THEIR OWN TASTE
I do have to ask. What particular case are you speaking of here? I ask because I want to understand what you mean when you say the people wanted government to develop it to their own taste.
tony_issey:

i think its high time we allow govt concetrate on capital projects i think Lagos should have a plan and thats what the govt is following we cant just turn everywhere into markets
Nothing stops the government from having plans that include providing the people with some benefits or some help to ensure they are not left behind as the state develops. I don’t see what good any democratic government will be to people if it does not hold in high priority the interest of the majority of its constituents as it develops the state. Let’s be clear here. Many of those who are concerned about the fate of the average Lagosian here, are not saying the government should stop doing its job. What they are saying is clear; the government should try harder to take its people along. These people are tax payers, and even out here in the west, the people would not take it lightly with government if tax money were used on projects that go to benefitting them less in any wise.

tony_issey:

i was at the awolowo mkt in mushin and the once empty market was now filled up with those on the roads that were displace and i now asked a few of them where they came from and was told that they were the once that use to be on the road and a few of them said that they get more costumers on the roads becos most costumers feel reluctant to enter the markets and some even prefer to be serviced while in their cars or hold ups as they dont want to come down from their vehicles so we all ave a part to play in building a new Lagos
Well, there is the part to be played by the people themselves in all this.
Re: Fashola Shuts Aswani Market by dlox01(m): 1:54pm On Feb 03, 2009
@ kobojunkie

Do u know all ur comment dwell around just one thing,over n over n over??'the govt should provide an alternative for the people before demolishing', fine,i understand ur point but i feel this statement of urs only applies to those that are affected by the demolishing exercise LEGALLY,if the REAL oshodi market was demolished then ud b making a valid point but for now ur just an empty vessel making a whole lot of noise.The state government has no business compensating criminals,if its illegal its illegal,i believe u stay in another mans land,why dont u go street hawking or build a mini market where its not meant to be and tell me what would happen to u?Voting Fashola in dosnt mean lawlessness should go on(reply to some1's statement earlier),we want change.Lagos state is not getting any bigger in land size and cannot accomodate everybody,most of this beggers and traders u c around were not in lagos during the census,they went back to thier states n i guess u are learnerd enough to know the implication of such on the state financially and politically.if u ever come to abuja and visit wuse market u will know what the govnor is trying to achieve(now nobody is complaining about wuse market,but when it was beign demolished it was this kind of noise it generated),oshodi and many other places you see are expressways turn markets for street trading due to lawlessnes,this is what is corrected today!!!now,if u asked if there was a generation of revenue from such avenue?the answer is yes and both parties benefitted,the traders go illegal spots and area boys turned landloards making money illegally,it was a temporary contract that would take a man with courage to stop,NOW,the MAN has come with a whole army of supporters which includes myself to bring change n that change begins NOW!!!this is Life not Google search,
Re: Fashola Shuts Aswani Market by ceze(m): 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2009
his motive is good but he is too HARSH angry
Re: Fashola Shuts Aswani Market by DADON(m): 4:59pm On Feb 03, 2009
[color=#006600]Please, do not comment against my post except you are working with facts, and constructive facts else it turns into an argument, and that takes both of us to no where.[/color]

who is this lady miss malaika, no, first lady no, den u no wat am oooooooooooooo?

who won fear u? angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa / FG Increases Saraki's Charges From 16 To 18, Case Adjourned To February 23 / 6 PDP Lawmakers Defect To APC In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.