Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... (1227 Views)

Difficulties You Experienced While Learning To Program. / @@@ Experts In Development Of Courier Site, KLM and Sport Site Here???. / Programming Difficulties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by graciousolo(m): 11:38am On Mar 29, 2015
For some years I've wanted to learn a programming language. My aim is to create game and apps for mobile platforms.
I've done several research on which programming language to learn. I decided to learn JAVA.
Of recent I got ebooks and video lessons on JAVA...and I've been watching the videos.

My problem is... It's looking very difficult and I'm discouraged each time I play a video.

I really need your advice guys... I want to learn this... Thanks...
Re: Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by banjicom(m): 12:09pm On Mar 29, 2015
I have the same challenges too, although am trying to learn PHP. I just feel discouraged anytime am reading or watching the Tutorial online.
Re: Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by incredible6(m): 12:59pm On Mar 29, 2015
to programme u need to understand how codes works and how computers relate to them, computer languages have syntax (a particular structure rule that they follow) and one good news is programming languages syntax are similar so if u understand one others will be easy to learn.... its like its easier for you to learn French if you can speak English, but harder 4 a Yoruba person who hasn't gone to sch b4. <br>conclusion is learn a very simple language first like html (HTML isnt really programming sha) then try again, use a site like codeacademy or w3school....to learn eBook is slower/harder
Re: Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by Paulpaulpaul(m): 1:02pm On Mar 29, 2015
No language is better, C++ is an improvement on C as Java is an improvement on C++ just learn one. I'm trying to learn C++

You can visit cprogramming.com for C, C++, C# and the rest
Re: Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by codemarshal08(m): 1:05pm On Mar 29, 2015
I would suggest you look for friends with similar interest or get a mentor !
Re: Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by incredible6(m): 1:07pm On Mar 29, 2015
banjicom:
I have the same challenges too, although am trying to learn PHP. I just feel discouraged anytime am reading or watching the Tutorial online.

use codeacademy to learn php if u ve good internet connection... am also learning php presently.. it ain't easy to learn alone but Google is a good teacher.
Re: Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by banjicom(m): 3:48pm On Mar 29, 2015
incredible6:

use codeacademy to learn php if u ve good internet connection... am also learning php presently.. it ain't easy to learn alone but Google is a good teacher.

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 29, 2015
graciousolo:
For some years I've wanted to learn a programming language. My aim is to create game and apps for mobile platforms.
I've done several research on which programming language to learn. I decided to learn JAVA.
Of recent I got ebooks and video lessons on JAVA...and I've been watching the videos.

My problem is... It's looking very difficult and I'm discouraged each time I play a video.

I really need your advice guys... I want to learn this... Thanks...

Better you learn HTML, JavaScript and CSS first. CSS is just for the layout of your page and for uniformity. With these three you can make complex mobile games and you can quickly see your work on a web page or on the internet if you have a hosting account. With a good knowledge of JavaScript you will quickly understand Java. There are a lots of good videos on YouTube on HTML, JavaScript and CSS. If you need any help just drop it here and we will do our best to help.

http://www.w3schools.com is also a good place to learn and practice.
Re: Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by abdul01(m): 9:18pm On Mar 29, 2015
My Guy since u've started learning java, just continue and focus on it and also use a book like java how to program by paul deitel(although it's huge but self-explanatory with examples and exercises).
Re: Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by kudaisi(m): 11:48pm On Mar 29, 2015
Bro, to me it just sounds like you are just not challenging yourself.

Allow me to give you the story of my life. I repeated a class in secondary school so you can't call me one of the brightest guys you've met. I finished university with a Second Class Lower degree.

What i have always had however, is interest and love for programming, it's what i do best. I learnt my first programming language at 13 or 14 then QBASIC I started learning Java when i was only 16 and today i write about 7 programming languages, I design and develop websites, I make 3D models, I design graphics with photoshop. My point however, is that there is no limit to what you can achieve in the IT world. If you find yourself continuously closing a video each time you open it, i'd say you are not interested and maybe programming is not for you.

If you feel you have the interest and you are just finding it easy learning Java, then may be having a project in mind can help motivate you. This has worked for me before in the past.

FYI: Personally, I find it easier to just read books rather than watch videos when learning a new programming language.
Re: Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by omoelu1(m): 2:45am On Mar 30, 2015
enough said already.
I believe you're' motivated now
Re: Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by Raypawer(m): 4:53am On Mar 30, 2015
get a mentor and PRACTICE! follow those who have already made it, join programming groups, ask others how they got started, be determined never to back down no matter how discouraged, love what you want to learn, don't let any come between you, PRAY HARD and PRAY ALWAYS!.... a word is enough
Re: Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by chim14(m): 1:08pm On Mar 30, 2015
Ur brained is nt yet wired. Jst continue trying and in no time u'll get used to it. If u don't, then go do something else - programming is nt 4 everyone.
Re: Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by graciousolo(m): 2:48pm On Mar 30, 2015
Febup:

Better you learn HTML, JavaScript and CSS first. CSS is just for the layout of your page and for uniformity. With these three you can make complex mobile games and you can quickly see your work on a web page or on the internet if you have a hosting account. With a good knowledge of JavaScript you will quickly understand Java. There are a lots of good videos on YouTube on HTML, JavaScript and CSS. If you need any help just drop it here and we will do our best to help.

considering it,thank you
Re: Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by graciousolo(m): 3:07pm On Mar 30, 2015
Febup:

thanks,I am really considering that,but JAVA seem to be the real deal...
Re: Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by graciousolo(m): 3:09pm On Mar 30, 2015
incredible6:
to programme u need to understand how codes works and how computers relate to them, computer languages have syntax (a particular structure rule that they follow) and one good news is programming languages syntax are similar so if u understand one others will be easy to learn.... its like its easier for you to learn French if you can speak English, but harder 4 a Yoruba person who hasn't gone to sch b4. <br>conclusion is learn a very simple language first like html (HTML isnt really programming sha) then try again, use a site like codeacademy or w3school....to learn eBook is slower/harder
made sense,thank u

1 Like

Re: Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by GodMode: 3:10pm On Mar 30, 2015
When did u start

How long have u been learning
Re: Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by graciousolo(m): 3:55pm On Mar 30, 2015
codemarshal08:
I would suggest you look for friends with similar interest or get a mentor !
yes,I tot of friends wit like interest but haven't seen yet, I know that will spur something,

my 'mentor' is in his finals, you know the stress,project and stuff...
thanks tho
Re: Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by graciousolo(m): 4:00pm On Mar 30, 2015
abdul01:
My Guy since u've started learning java, just continue and focus on it and also use a book like java how to program by paul deitel(although it's huge but self-explanatory with examples and exercises).
thank u,I have got two video series and two ebooks, the videos are explanatory enough but... I'll just carry on...
Re: Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... by graciousolo(m): 4:19pm On Mar 30, 2015
kudaisi:
Bro, to me it just sounds like you are just not challenging yourself.

Allow me to give you the story of my life. I repeated a class in secondary school so you can't call me one of the brightest guys you've met. I finished university with a Second Class Lower degree.

What i have always had however, is interest and love for programming, it's what i do best. I learnt my first programming language at 13 or 14 then QBASIC I started learning Java when i was only 16 and today i write about 7 programming languages, I design and develop websites, I make 3D models, I design graphics with photoshop. My point however, is that there is no limit to what you can achieve in the IT world. If you find yourself continuously closing a video each time you open it, i'd say you are not interested and maybe programming is not for you.

If you feel you have the interest and you are just finding it easy learning Java, then may be having a project in mind can help motivate you. This has worked for me before in the past.

FYI: Personally, I find it easier to just read books rather than watch videos when learning a new programming language.

impressive!

there has always been one issue or the other,its either I can't afford internet or my PC is bad or I don't even have a PC.

I have a project in mind and that is one of my driving forces, I had no knowledge of programming till about 17yrs.

another challenge I have is I'm now in sch, I don't want to come out with a bad cert,but I know I can do this... and I will.

I love the IT world,I'm fascinated by after effects and graphic designs,I see details in movie that a few people would notice...

i have seen my ideas come to life in the hands of other people, I want mine and I will do what it takes.

I agree with you and I'll put in more effort.thanks

(1) (Reply)

After Web Design What Next....... / Please Help, Java Applet And Asp.net Page / Long Awaited Site... Sharevites.com...Finally Lauched.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.