Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation (22179 Views)

Resignation Letter Format / Drama In The Office As I Tender My Resignation After Getting A New Job. / Check Out This Resignation Letter (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
Omg! I have had 2 resignations. It was not funny. The first boss started giving me some stories on our he planned for us to be partners by the time I am chartered. I said I can't continue with the pay. I could tell from his face that he was sad, though he had been having the feeling that I was attending some interviews. The second which was where I left the first for after one year, my boss was like, you! You!! You!!!. I actually played on her intelligence to attend a training and it broke her heart. The next one I am planning is ...

1 Like

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 02, 2015
here in mars we don't resign
Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by smithadam: 6:12pm On Apr 02, 2015
if you are a valuable asset to them (your company/organisation) they will surely try to hold unto u.. but when a typical naija man/woman make up his/her mind....they is no going back..

but wait o... if they are willing to pay double of what the new employer is gonna pay me.. i might consider sha wink wink wink wink
Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by Saraha1(f): 6:12pm On Apr 02, 2015
Oh God , help before the end of this month to drop mine oh.
Want to experience new and more comfortable organisation.
My boss think he can replace you any time he likes but God who had been by my side will not permit it. I will be the one to surprise him not the other way round. So help God.

10 Likes

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 02, 2015
well, when i tendered my resignation last year in a bank, my boss said he saw it coming. Even the Director of IT called me for a meeting and was telling me all those sweet stories. truth was that they could not give me a counter offer cause i was already worth 2levels ahead at the time.

I jejely pack my kaya and vamoosed. lol

1 Like

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by crespola: 6:21pm On Apr 02, 2015
Ma boss was lyk, why do u have 2 do this? Is it because I didn't sack u?

20 Likes

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by aieromon(m): 6:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
crespola:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by incredible6(m): 6:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
KillerBeauty:
Nothing to share yet

you no get job abi..
ibk
Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by Opiosko: 6:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
He look me up and smile. Heard him say 'good rediance to bad rubish' when i got to the door. embarassed

8 Likes

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by starlingbawa(m): 6:26pm On Apr 02, 2015
He already got wind from HR that I was leaving his team for another department and as such he kept me waiting in his secretary's office from 3pm till 8pm before he finally granted me audience to tell him officially!

He duly released me thereafter. Some 'OGAs' wicked sha!!!

3 Likes

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by iamyet: 6:32pm On Apr 02, 2015
My boss was soo nice to me and he even knew I was attending interviews, the dude was jst wonderful with his words of encouragements through out my search for a more befitting job.

When the time finally came, I got a super attractive offer from a top notch multinational and I had to resign, it was a very sad event.

Till today, he is still my friend and career mentor, so glad I worked with such a good man. I hope I impact someone positively someday like he did me.

Modify:

There was also a party to bid me farewell.....Boss of life is just too nice!!!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 02, 2015
When I tendered my resignation,my MD was shocked that he refused to accept my letter. He promised to increase my pay by 100%,and said he was not ready to lose me as I was one of his best staff, but I still insisted on leaving. The reason I had the courage to stand my ground was because my siblings and I started a family business.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by olu4life(m): 6:41pm On Apr 02, 2015
Well I tendered my letter last month stating today was my last day. She was just an average boss who can curse ones generation when angry and later apologize after droppin d bomb. On gettin to her office d said day and told her abt it, she was formin happiness for me. My remaining days there wasnt pleasant cos she kept looking for my trouble, which I didnt even bulge.Though it really pained her that I was leaving.lol

3 Likes

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by CrazyMan(m): 6:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
njays24:
When I tendered my resignation,my MD was shocked that he refused to accept my letter. He promised to increase my pay by 100%,and said he was not ready to lose me as I was one of his best staff, but I still insisted on leaving. The reason I had the courage to stand my ground was because my siblings and I started a family business.
@bolded
That was a great offer. Why did you leave?

If I were you, I would have accepted the new offer and stayed back. As for the family business, I would contribute my own share to the family business, and leave it in the hands of another sibling to be in charge of while I continue my job.

That would mean two sources of income for me. With that, no doubt I should be able to take care of all my needs.

5 Likes

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by Prinxx(m): 6:48pm On Apr 02, 2015
Mine is loading.... So help me God

2 Likes

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by ednut1(m): 6:48pm On Apr 02, 2015
mine loading

1 Like

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by saaedlee: 6:51pm On Apr 02, 2015
My ex-boss is a woman, I applied for My Present Job 3 months before I told her and I had not informed her I was leaving. Well, that Monday as She was like; so after 4 years this is how you want to leave us without @ lest a month's notice.
I had to look for someone who will fill my position n teach her the job on weekends
Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by MrAmerica(m): 6:52pm On Apr 02, 2015
sekzy99:
Chai!!! Just drop my resignation letter now
Abeg tel me where u just dropped it, so I can go and hussle fr it na, av been searchin for somtin for years now since aftr school, abeg help a broda pls

2 Likes

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by yacub: 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2015
I've known my boss over 10years ago.waa working for him before I left for school,eventully came back after I graduated.

He has been so wonderful and always want advising me that all these experience will be useful for me in future but he never knew the future is now.

Reasons why i left was because I need to move on in life to have secure another opportunity,if I didn't love ahead with my experience gathered. I will be rotten there working for him.

In fact when I left, one of his staff's too left 3weeks later.got a job somewhere else..it was a tough but a cstrict decision I ever took in my life time.but I would have kept hating myself if I didn't take such a decision.

It's been a month now....I Thank God my new little business is growing.He's a person to work with in the nearest future.

mafioso47:
Hi NLers,

There's a feeling of satisfaction when as an employee who has just gotten a better employment offer, with Better Pay, Better working conditions.. present your resignation letter to your ex-managers.
Especially as a dedicated staff who has taken a lot of bullshyt from Bosses lol. The look on the faces of these Managers could be rewarding at that point.
This Happened to a colleague .. He was called in for a secret meeting. The management promised to give him a new car, send him for trainings abroad, increase his salary by 75percent if he withdraws his letter. Funny thing was that they strongly advised him not to disclose to any other member of staff. No documentation, No signed agreement.
As a wise person who has seen the Near and Far of the organisation in just 3 years, he humbly rejected their bogus promises and moved on.
Please Share your experience

2 Likes

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by CrazyMan(m): 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2015
crespola:
You must have been a very unproductive staff. Looks like your boss was just managing you hence that statement.

3 Likes

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 02, 2015
How he reacted?
I dunno lol, I knew the man would not have taken my unexpected resignation lightly so I just sent him a resignation text the night before and never returned to work after that.
Like a goddam coward.

4 Likes

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by chachazzy(m): 6:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
Where are the jobs that you guys resigned from? Cuz am still job hunting, you guys should pls help a brother here.

4 Likes

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by KINGSOLO2015: 7:03pm On Apr 02, 2015
My ex boss rejected my resignation letter outrightly! He did not speak with me for days.
Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by isobayor: 7:04pm On Apr 02, 2015

As the revenue from oil and gas dwindles, there will be aggressive drive for internally generated revenue. While this portends a difficult time for companies and individuals on tax related issues, its a great opportunity for non client centric consultants and some unscrupulous regulators to exploit the innocence and ignorance of Tax payers. ADEGOLU CONSULTING SERVICES a client centric firm founded on integrity and professionalism is ready to partner with you to be on right side of law by delivering with passion Quintessential Audit, Financial Advisory & Tax services.
You can contact; ADEBAYO on 08079276907, RAHMON; on 08025331404 for more details
Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by iamtoby: 7:04pm On Apr 02, 2015
My head of department was very understanding when I intimated him with my decision to tender my resignation some weeks ago. It took me a lot of time before I decided to quit the job as I had just emerged “Outstanding Employee of The Year,” barely four years after joining the company. I was runner-up in the previous year (2013).

It was quite difficult to say I was moving on. I had barely a week to join my new employers. But I needed a job that would give me more time to spend with my immediate family and concentrate more on my Graduate studies. The new offer apart from being less stressful and mouth watering would also give me the requisite international exposure for my overall personal development.

But the Management of the company was furious, although the feelings were not personally expressed to me. As I speak to you, all the rights and privileges accorded to an “Outstanding Employee of The Year” for the out-gone year 2014 has not been extended to him.
I have since moved on

1 Like

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by kay29000(m): 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
She was shouting as usual when I walked into her office, raining abuses on me. When I told her I had come to drop my resignation letter, her mouth moved for a couple of seconds but no words came out.

I didn't even have another job at the time, but in the three months I have been running my publishing business full time, I have never been happier. And my income is growing gradually...would double how much I was earning at my previous job before mid year.

3 Likes

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by TrishaP(f): 7:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
He wasn't all that excited when I told him about it. But I gave my good personal reasons which made him believe that my leaving was not because of inability to cope with pressure, but to go equip myself more on the outside world.

Another reason was that, I needed that little space for myself, after school was working straight and due to my schooling days I didn't get enough opportunity to figure out what I really wanted. I had plans to do alot but not sure. So I had to free myself.

Another reason was my Nysc, all my life has been revolved around school premises and home, never had the chance to travel around. I wanted adventures, to know what is feels like to do things on my own without any serious interference from home or school, so yes I had to give some part of those reasons and it has helped me to achieve alot.

He gave good advices to me to follow on and I went on.

1 Like

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by nkemdi89(f): 7:10pm On Apr 02, 2015
It depends on your place of work if its most federal establishment you will have to inform them 3mnths prior to your resignation, also in the force you can't just leave they will set up a committee to look into your reason for resignation, they will also form an advisory council that will convince you not to resign. After everything you insist then they let you go after 3mnths. If you want to do it the hard way abscond and letter send their resignation letter and identity card, if thry do not see after 21days they declare you AWOL .
Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by Atmmachine(m): 7:11pm On Apr 02, 2015
I don't do the resignation thing.
When i don't show up for work in three days you will surely know i mean business.

4 Likes

Re: Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation by RoyalRoy(m): 7:11pm On Apr 02, 2015
Never Had a Boss......Never Will.

I Am the Boss!!!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! / Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor / My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.