Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,462 members, 7,836,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. (3752 Views)

Arewa Group Insists Igbos Must Leave Northern Nigeria, Despite Condemnation / Nigerian Youths And Their Mentality !!!! / The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality By Igbo Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by Swagahyk(m): 12:23am On Mar 31, 2015
When the hausa will say they are born to rule we will start ranting up and down. The crowd at each polling unit in the North will make you wonder if they are beeing paid in dollars to cast their votes, but come down to East (Onitsha to be precise) every household with their generators ON, watching telemundo and 'nkoli nwa nsuka'. Others prefer to go to the beer parlour to drink Origin and Nkwobi...(So annoying), but they want Goodluck to win..."How na?? Na magic??". You just need to go to main market, ochanja market. Relief market, infacts the crowd is so scary, go to Ariaria market in Aba just the same,yet Anambra and Abia could not produce up to 1M votes combined for Goodluck, haba!!!. The next you will hear is "my vote doesn't count, its has been rigged already" how na?? With recharge cards or voters cards??. Kano state has over 1.5M votes for APC only, do u think you watch television more than them, the sun intensity over there is more than the one we have here yet they left their Plasma and 3-D tvs just to deliver their candidates. Or maybe the Origin here is seeter than the ones in Ogun and Kastina states.With this attitude we are not going anywhere, we need to change the way we see things. So I will rather advice us not to argue next time we hear the Northerners saying they are born to rule, they deserve it because they work hard for it.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by kropelgrada(m): 12:25am On Mar 31, 2015
Swagahyk:
When the hausa will say they are born to rule we will start ranting up and down. The crowd at each polling unit in the North will make you wonder if they are beeing paid in dollars to cast their votes, but come down to East (Onitsha to be precise) every household with their generators ON, watching telemundo and 'nkoli nwa nsuka'. Other prefer to go to the beer parlour to drink Origin and Nkwobi...(So annoying), but they want Goodluck to win..."How na?? Na magic??". You just need to go to main market, ochanja market. Relief market, infacts the crowd is so scary. Imagine Anambra and Abia could not produce up to 1M votes combined for Goodluck, haba!!!. The next you will hear is "my vote doesn't count, its has been rigged already" how na?? With recharge cards or voters cards??. So I will rather advice us not to argue next time we hear the Northerners saying they are born to rule, they deserve it because they work hard for it.

True word my brother..
Very disgusting but it is a fact.

4 Likes

Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by Raiders: 12:28am On Mar 31, 2015
So you want Emeka to close his shop for one day so he can vote for Jonathan. Is GEJ going to put food on the table for Emeka or will GEJ compensate for the loss in business Emeka will loss if he close his shop to vote?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by phrancys001(m): 12:29am On Mar 31, 2015
Guy U too follow stupid,what stop the whole igboo population to vote a fellow igboo presidential candidate (chekwas okori) U guys are butlicking an ijaw man that have done noting for the region,using the second niger bridge to 419 the suppose igboo master 419ers.

16 Likes

Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by jumobi1(m): 12:32am On Mar 31, 2015
It's better for Nigeria in the long run in Buhari wins. If he is bad, we will wake up and take elections serious. If he is good then...
Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by slybe: 12:34am On Mar 31, 2015
True talk.
Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:36am On Mar 31, 2015
IN ABUJA, THE OKADA MEN LITERALLY VANISHED FROM OUTSKIRT SETTLEMENTS. PRICE OF VEGETWBLES IN THE MARKET I GO TO HAS SOARED, I COULD NOT GET FISH TO BUY. A HAUSA MAN TOLD ME THEY HAVE ALL TRAVELLED BACK HOME, MOSTLY TO KATSINA TO VOTE BUHARI

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by Swagahyk(m): 12:37am On Mar 31, 2015
I coudnt vote because I was unable to collect my PVC due to some machine error with INEC. On saturday we were over 8people in one room, some playing PS and d girls were chating with their Iphones. Nobody could go out to vote with d same mentality that "my vote doesn't count". Its a pity!
Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by lavatoz(f): 12:48am On Mar 31, 2015
Swagahyk:
I coudnt vote because I was unable to collect my PVC due to some machine error with INEC. On saturday we were over 8people in one room, some playing PS and d girls were chating with their Iphones. [b][/b]Nobody could go out to vote with d same mentality that "my vote doesn't count". Its a pity!

But it's true! sad
When you see exaggerated numbers in the north it makes you wonder why voting if there will still be rigging undecided
Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by amunkita(m): 12:58am On Mar 31, 2015
OP, God will bless u..

D most politically backward pple re d igbos.
Each tym we cry marginalisation buh we re marginalising oursef.

I planned Lodging in a hotel till sunday cous i needed being alone nd enjoy my Harp buh i knew if i ve tried it, i will find it difficult to 4give mysef nd am happy i did d right thing by voting..

I weep for d Igbo race.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by Swagahyk(m): 1:00am On Mar 31, 2015
lavatoz:

But it's true! sad
When you see exaggerated numbers in the north it makes you wonder why voting if there will still be rigging undecided
but the Northern man doesn't think that way, he believes in his individual vote not even about the other person.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by jimmynauty: 1:09am On Mar 31, 2015
Swagahyk:
When the hausa will say they are born to rule we will start ranting up and down. The crowd at each polling unit in the North will make you wonder if they are beeing paid in dollars to cast their votes, but come down to East (Onitsha to be precise) every household with their generators ON, watching telemundo and 'nkoli nwa nsuka'. Others prefer to go to the beer parlour to drink Origin and Nkwobi...(So annoying), but they want Goodluck to win..."How na?? Na magic??". You just need to go to main market, ochanja market. Relief market, infacts the crowd is so scary, go to Ariaria market in Aba just the same,yet Anambra and Abia could not produce up to 1M votes combined for Goodluck, haba!!!. The next you will hear is "my vote doesn't count, its has been rigged already" how na?? With recharge cards or voters cards??. Kano state has over 1.5M votes for APC only, do u think you watch television more than them, the sun intensity over there is more than the one we have here yet they left their Plasma and 3-D tvs just to deliver their candidates. Or maybe the Origin here is seeter than the ones in Ogun and Kastina states.With this attitude we are not going anywhere, we need to change the way we see things. So I will rather advice us not to argue next time we hear the Northerners saying they are born to rule, they deserve it because they work hard for it.
agreed

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by raumdeuter: 1:12am On Mar 31, 2015
I dey laff ooo
Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by YoursGEJ(m): 1:13am On Mar 31, 2015
if you are saying 'we' please clarify. Abu m onye igbo (i'm Igbo) and I voted Buhari because I want the best for myself and the best for my country. I will not just vote for a candidate simply because his name is Azikiwe (onye mara ma o bu eziokwu sef) or because he is a Christian. I voted for Jonathan in 2011 because I saw promise in him: a promise he woefully failed to deliver.

So please, clarifyingly narrow down your audience. Not all Igbos are bigoted and short-sighted like you. Otito diiri gi nwanne

In other news, abeg who don see Oressmusanctus, Chukwudi44, temitemi and Barcanista. Their mama dey find dem abeg. Please help us find these children

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by ganye1: 1:26am On Mar 31, 2015
You shall condemn your elites for selfishly misleading majority of Igbos to follow a failed president like Jonathan. The type of blind support the Igbos gave Jonathan is naive and suicidal in politics.

6 Likes

Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by Jaypea98: 1:36am On Mar 31, 2015
Sentimental blindfold Azikiwe kor Nnamdi Sambo ni.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by Nobody: 3:41am On Mar 31, 2015
phrancys001:
Guy U too follow stupid,what stop the whole igboo population to vote a fellow igboo presidential candidate (chekwas okori) U guys are butlicking an ijaw man that have done noting for the region,using the second niger bridge to 419 the suppose igboo master 419ers.

Tell them grin
Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by aresa: 4:00am On Mar 31, 2015

That's Maiduguri, a state still under siege and still shouldering huge lose, slaughtered and kidnapped family members, battered economy, but just look at them standing in that long line for almost a mile down the road to vote and perform their civic obligation....

This is obviously not about some silly born to rule mentality nonsense, it's about priorities and we all know what their priorities are in the SE since day one even before independence, it's always tribalism.

Even the most famous ibo man aka Achebe, he saved his tribal best for his last book before grave and it was all tribalism, ignorant and vicious rants against Yoruba and Hausa people with false and delusional sense of supremacy when in fact there's nothing supreme about his village..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by BlackGirlsCode: 4:10am On Mar 31, 2015
And they call the Hausas-Fulanis (H-F) uneducated not knowing that they are well informed and in tune of/with Nigerian politics: BBC Hausa.

H-F talk little. They're quiet predators. Underestimate them at your own risk.

Let most Igbos continue to cage themselves with their tribalistic politics.

Who will vote for a presidential Igbo candidate in Nigeria?

Since 2013, I've been saying that when it comes to politics, the SW/N are allies and their alliance is a force to be reckoned with.

Let Igbos continue to hate Yorubas, abuse and taunt Yorubas. We owe you nothing, never expect our support.

Until you learn to spit out the bitter leaves in your mouth, the sweetness of Yoruba palmwine will continue to be your fantasy.

BY THE WAY, I EXPECT THE INVESTIGATION OF GEJ'S SPONSORING OF BOKO HARAM TO BE 2015'S BIGGEST SCANDAL.

3 Likes

Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by adconline(m): 4:13am On Mar 31, 2015
GEJ failed Igbos that voted for him. The only federal rd done by GEJ in 6yrs is Onitsha-Owerri Rd-80km while govs like Peter Obi and Chime did 1000s of km and other projects. GEJ increased fuel price for everyone. He increased cost duties on imported goods by 40-50%; he banned some imported goods .. Then Xchange rate went up 60%. His economic policies hit Igbos in their pockets and they stayed at home!
Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by Nobody: 4:16am On Mar 31, 2015

3 Likes

Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by BlackGirlsCode: 4:20am On Mar 31, 2015
Raiders:
So you want Emeka to close his shop for one day so he can vote for Jonathan. Is GEJ going to put food in the table for Emeka or will GEJ compensate for the loss in business Emeka will loss if he close his shop to vote?

lmaooo

dude wtf?

Anyway, thank you for this mentality, that's why APC is winning.
Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by BlackGirlsCode: 4:24am On Mar 31, 2015
YoursGEJ:
if you are saying 'we' please clarify. Abu m onye igbo (i'm Igbo) and I voted Buhari because I want the best for myself and the best for my country. I will not just vote for a candidate simply because his name is Azikiwe (onye mara ma o bu eziokwu sef) or because he is a Christian. I voted for Jonathan in 2011 because I saw promise in him: a promise he woefully failed to deliver.

So please, clarifyingly narrow down your audience. Not all Igbos are bigoted and short-sighted like you. Otito diiri gi nwanne

God bless you.

Because of you, I'll modify my post from "Igbos" to "Most Igbos".

Sai Baba grin
Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by adconline(m): 4:28am On Mar 31, 2015
Spoolmak:
igbo and calabar people are stupid.you think jonathan care about you simply because he has igbo names. that's why you will continue to remain in the background.
Same way you will be shocked to see to that Tinubu doesn't care about u either. He would alway prefer Ben Akabueze over one Mr Segun, who's a nobody. Naija Politrickians don't care about voters! Take a chill pill mehn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by aresa: 4:35am On Mar 31, 2015
adconline:

Same way you will be shocked to see to that Tinubu doesn't care about u either. He would alway prefer Ben Akabueze over one Mr Segun, who's a nobody. Naija Politrickians don't care about voters! Take a chill pill mehn

We are where we are today because Tinubu cares.. Try harder.. grin

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by mensdept: 4:40am On Mar 31, 2015
Its more than just going out to vote, even though I know many Igbo and even Bini friends that proudly boasted that they didn't have time to go and get "killed" because of election.

Igbo leaders and people are and have continue to be daft when it comes to national politics in Nigeria. Look at how they handled the senate president position- horrible, with about 6 or so senate presidents emerging in 6 years. Look at the Ministries they have held, including aviation- from kea Chikwe down the ladder, yet no airport in the entire East is considered world class. See the talk on state creation- over 20 proposals and bickering do to greedy men scheming to make money, even though it was obvious to create Anioma state.

In todays PDP they have no relevant position, in APC no relevant position, and in APGA, the greedy and foolish Umeh who overstayed has pretty much destroyed the party.

So currently, National politicks is a matter of Hausa-Fulani vs Yoruba, because those folks know the importance of being a majority in a minority party than minority in majority party.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by adconline(m): 4:53am On Mar 31, 2015
aresa:

We are where we are today because Tinubu cares.. Try harder.. grin
Delusion of grandeur! Get knocked down today by Okada and there is no CT Scan or MRI machine at any LASG govt hospital, but BT diagnostics- owned by his cronies, built on LASG land, will provide that service and charge u as a private hospital.
Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by adconline(m): 5:08am On Mar 31, 2015
mensdept:
Its more than just going out to vote, even though I know many Igbo and even Bini friends that proudly boasted that they didn't have time to go and get "killed" because of election.

Igbo leaders and people are and have continue to be daft when it comes to national politics in Nigeria. Look at how they handled the senate president position- horrible, with about 6 or so senate presidents emerging in 6 years. Look at the Ministries they have held, including aviation- from kea Chikwe down the ladder, yet no airport in the entire East is considered world class. See the talk on state creation- over 20 proposals and bickering do to greedy men scheming to make money, even though it was obvious to create Anioma state.

In todays PDP they have no relevant position, in APC no relevant position, and in APGA, the greedy and foolish Umeh who overstayed has pretty much destroyed the party.

So currently, National politicks is a matter of Hausa-Fulani vs Yoruba, because those folks know the importance of being a majority in a minority party than minority in majority party.
You have no idea how senate chamber is structured. Out of 109 senators , SE has only 15 senators representing 13.7 % while u need 2/3 majority to change leadership -72 senators representing 66%. You must build consensus in order to get something done. Big airports are appropriated in the budget and must have overwhelming economic relevance. U can't build the biggest airport in SE when MMA handles over 60% of passengers. NASS will not pass it!

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by ednut1(m): 5:22am On Mar 31, 2015
instead of voting d clueless one. dey did nt turn up
Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by Swagahyk(m): 7:11am On Mar 31, 2015
Raiders:
So you want Emeka to close his shop for one day so he can vote for Jonathan. Is GEJ going to put food in the table for Emeka or will GEJ compensate for the loss in business Emeka will loss if he close his shop to vote?
and how much food is Buhari putting on Adamu's table, yet he is there to uphold their name.
Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by Raiders: 7:17am On Mar 31, 2015
Swagahyk:
and how much food is Buhari putting on Adamu's table, yet he is there to uphold their name.
Adamu is Fulani/Hausa while GEJ is not Igbo but Ijaw.
Setiment apart what did GEJ really achieved for the Igbos over the past 6 yrs after voting for him massively in 2011. What did Emeka benefit from GEJ when he was president?
Re: The Igbos Must Change Their Mentality. by Pataki: 7:24am On Mar 31, 2015
When one considers the likes of Ngige and Rochas, I am not tempted to stereotype Igbos.

But more than often, the Igbos generally need to change their perception in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

OPINION: The Code Of Ethics For Nigerian Journalists And How "AIT" Breached It. / What British Prime minister told Buhari the Nigerian president Elect in London. / BREAKING NEWS: Tribunal In Edo State Just Delivered Judgement In Favour Of PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.