Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. (2363 Views)

Battle Against ISIL: Russia Exposes US Lies In Syria / Pictures Of Late Ghanaian President As He Lies In State / Anderson Cooper Admits That He's Gay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Sagamite(m): 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2009
Israel has finally admitted using White Phosphorus Bomb in its recent killings of Palestines.

After initially lying that they did not use such a bomb that it was just Hamas propaganda, they have had to admit it after a series of videos captured by different sources.

It is against international humanitarian laws to use such a weapon indiscriminately in a civilian area.

When the Israeli government spokesman was pressured by the interviewer to admit if they used it in a civilian populated area, guess what he said?

"We are currently carrying out investigations about it . . . ." and then went on to their usual "Hamas is a terrorist organisation blah blah blah . . . ." mantra that they shove down the throat of morons like davidylan and 4 Play.

The same lame line they gave when they were BOMBING THE UN!!!!

And you will never hear any meaningful outcome from such investigations. It is usually a plot to let the outrage die down.

This is a bomb that when it hits its target, dispatches a smoke of powder (White Phosphorous) indiscriminately and widely that burns in oxygen (air). White phosphorus sticks to human skin and will burn right through to the bone, causing death or leaving survivors with painful wounds which are slow to heal. Its ingestion or inhalation can also be fatal.

This is what Israel was using in an urban area where families live. Several families where shown with they homes blown with this bomb and stories of up to 5 people dying in a family including children.

How EVIL!!!!
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by morpheus24: 8:34pm On Jan 22, 2009
Can we please talk about how Arabs populated the Magreb and how they are getting a piece of their own medicine this century
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Sagamite(m): 8:53pm On Jan 22, 2009
morpheus24:

Can we please talk about how Arabs populated the Magreb and how they are getting a piece of their own medicine this century

I take it you are a certified slowpoke.

I guess someone should come and kill you for what some Hausa/Fulani jihadist men did in 1782.

At least you are also black and are from the same country. Or is that not the rules you are applying.

So people of today should be killed for what other people that might not be related to them did tens of years ago.

Pathological fool!
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by 4Play(m): 9:46pm On Jan 22, 2009
It is against international humanitarian laws to use such a weapon indiscriminately in a civilian area.

Idiot, we've gone through this before. If Hamas' strenght is 15,000 men, that is 1% of the Gaza population.

If Israel was shelling indiscriminately, there won't be hundreds of Hamas dead. The problem is that you are a slowpoke that uses terms you don't understand. Typical anti-Semitic blood libel to see intent where there is inadvertence.

In Nigeria, our troops managed to kill almost as many people in a single day in Odi.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by RichyBlacK(m): 9:52pm On Jan 22, 2009
4 Play:

Idiot, we've gone through this before. If Hamas' strenght is 15,000 men, that is 1% of the Gaza population.

If Israel was shelling indiscriminately, there won't be hundreds of Hamas dead. The problem is that you are a slowpoke that uses terms you don't understand. Typical anti-Semitic blood libel to see intent where there is inadvertence.

In Nigeria, our troops managed to kill almost as many people in a single day in Odi.

Your comments do not address the following facts:
1. The illegality of the use of such chemical (Sagamite accurately pointed this out)
2. That Israel initially lied about using the chemical

*If the intent was not sinister, but due to circumstances beyond the control of the IDF, why deny it?
*If the risk of using it against civilians is real, why use such chemicals at all when it is most likely that more conventional weaponry exists in the arsenal of the IDF?
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 22, 2009
more bleating about international humanitarian laws. Funny only Israel is held accountable to it.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by 4Play(m): 10:01pm On Jan 22, 2009
RichyBlacK:

1. The illegality of the use of such chemical (Sagamite accurately pointed this out)

The use is not illegal, it is the manner in which it is used. If shelling was done ''indiscriminately'', the casualties will reflect this. Why is it that in a society where females represent more than 50% of the population, ''indiscriminate'' shelling produces female casualties significantly less in proportion than 50%?  

RichyBlacK:

Have they admitted to using it?

*If the intent was not sinister, but due to circumstances beyond the control of the IDF, why deny it?

You can't find criminality on circumstancial evidence. You have to demonstrate intent by proving either intent or at least, reckless disregard for civilians.

*If the risk of using it against civilians is real, why use such chemicals at all when it is most likely that more conventional weaponry exists in the arsenal of the IDF?

Because they are effective against enemy troops. This conflict, compared to current and past conflicts, produced proportionally less civilian casualties. That is enough proof that Israel tried to minimise civilian casualties.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by RichyBlacK(m): 10:05pm On Jan 22, 2009
davidylan:

more bleating about international humanitarian laws. Funny only Israel is held accountable to it.

Within the last decade, Israel has been the only nation that consistently carries out large-scale massacre of civilians with impunity and still gets the support of the world's most popular super power.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 22, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Within the last decade, Israel has been the only nation that consistently carries out large-scale massacre of civilians with impunity and still gets the support of the world's most popular super power.

1. We need to get this out of the way first - Israel has carried out NO large scale massacre. Arent you biased idiots tired of trotting out lies? How many people have died in the Iraq or Afghanistan wars? where those massacres too?

- Have you considered that more have died in Zimbabwe without a single bullet fired in the last few months? Is that a massacre?
- close to 300,000 have died in Darfur, do you consider that a massacre?

2. Get a brain before typing.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Sagamite(m): 12:27am On Jan 23, 2009
RichyBlacK:

RichyBlack,

Don't mind the slowpoke.

4 Play:

slowpoke, me anti-semitic?

Fool, I am actually an Israel supporter. But I have to open my eyes and be objective when evil is being done with impunity from those that claim they are crusading for justice (USA).

And yes israel has admitted they used the bomb AFTER initially denying it for days.

Is this a bomb meant to target Hamas? Is this targeting Hamas?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7841999.stm

Yet they feed you with sh*it about how they carefully avoid civilians and your dumb ass believes them.

They wake families up in the middle of the night and bulldoze their house, leaving them in the cold. That is targeting Hamas?
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by 4Play(m): 12:32am On Jan 23, 2009
Sagamite:

slowpoke, me anti-semitic?
Fool, I am actually an Israel supporter. But I have to open my eyes and be objective when evil is being done with impunity from those that claim they are crusading for justice (USA).

Israel supporter? shocked Well, I'm a Muslim. grin
And yes israel has admitted they used the bomb AFTER initially denying it for days.
Is this a bomb meant to target Hamas? Is this targeting Hamas?

Idiot, is the use of white phosphorous prohibited? No

Is its use constrained? Yes

Has Israel breached those constraints? Tough question but for now, there is little evidence to establish that its use was ''disproportionate''.

So, go and sit in your Jew hating corner and continue spouting your blood libel, Mr Israel supporter. What a schmuck.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Sagamite(m): 12:39am On Jan 23, 2009
slowpoke, I keep on telling you that I am more on the side of Israel and have been saying this from the start. I am just not dumb like you or full of hate so I hold on to my objectivity.

If this is not evidence, then I don't know what is. slowpoke.

Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Sagamite(m): 12:43am On Jan 23, 2009
And if they know they were not doing anything wrong, then why were they denying it?

I bet fools like you believed Mugabe when he said his people were not responsible for missing opposition members.

I bet you even continued believing him when an opposition member that they denied they knew her whereabouts appeared in court 3 weeks later under police custody.

Chop-sh*t-fool.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Sagamite(m): 12:55am On Jan 23, 2009
1330 dead
460 are children (more than a third), many of the rest are women, and even no fool would say all the men killed were Hamas, hence they killed more civilians than hamas.
Over 1000 children wounded, 4000 men and women injured.

4100 homes destroyed (including peoples life possessions that they worked for)
17,000 homes damaged

It is called COLLECTIVE PUNISHMENT and that is evil.

Hamas is not that much of a threat to warrant these atrocities.

In 8 years Hamas sent 13,000 bombs into Israel and only killed 15 people.

13,000 killed 15, what low accuracy.

It does not warrant having that much anger to kill and destroy the livelihood of innocent people.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by 4Play(m): 1:15am On Jan 23, 2009
Sagamite:

slowpoke, I keep on telling you that I am more on the side of Israel and have been saying this from the start. I am just not dumb like you or full of hate so I hold on to my objectivity.

Why announce repeatedly that you are on the side of Israel instead of letting the facts speak for themselves?

Objectivity? This self-contradicting dolt, if you are on the side of Israel, you are not objective anyway.
If this is not evidence, then I don't know what is. slowpoke.

The eyewitness accounts of Israel's critics prove what?
Sagamite:

And if they know they were not doing anything wrong, then why were they denying it?

I bet fools like you believed Mugabe when he said his people were not responsible for missing opposition members.
I bet you even continued believing him when an opposition member that they denied they knew her whereabouts appeared in court 3 weeks later under police custody.

Chop-sh*t-fool.

Israel is not a signatory to the applicable treaty. There is no proof of it breaching the law, it can't actually breach a law it's not bound by. More importantly, there is no evidence of the supposed indiscriminate use of white phosphorous.
1330 dead
460 are children (more than a third), over a 1000 wounded
Many of the rest are women, and even no fool can say all the men were Hamas
4100 homes destroyed (including peoples life possession
17,000 homes damaged

Most Gazans are children, yet, Israel managed to keep casualties down to 35% of the total according to your figures. The female casualties were significantly lesser than the casualties for children and yet some dolt proclaims this is in breach of international law.

This is proof that Israel took great care. Given that its enemy constitutes less than 1% of the population, its as good a records as any major conflict on the planet. The Nigerian army managed to reach nearly that figure in 24 hours at Odi, I don't suppose the Nigerian army is as powerful as Israel's.
Hamas is not that much of a threat to warrant these atrocities.
In 8 years Hamas sent 13,000 bombs into Israel and only killed 15 people.

13,000 killed 15, what low accuracy.
It does not warrant having that much anger to kill and destroy the livelihood of innocent people.

Dolt, so Israel's response to a barrage of rockets should be constrained because it makes elaborate efforts to protect its citizens? Supposedly, if Israel was a nation that didn't give a toss about protecting its citizens and, thus, many of its citizens were to die under the Hamas barrage, it will now be justified to escalate its response?
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by RichyBlacK(m): 1:29am On Jan 23, 2009
davidylan:

1. We need to get this out of the way first - Israel has carried out NO large scale massacre. Arent you biased idiots tired of trotting out lies? How many people have died in the Iraq or Afghanistan wars? where those massacres too?

- Have you considered that more have died in Zimbabwe without a single bullet fired in the last few months? Is that a massacre?

The crises in Zimbabwe and Darfur are horrendous but they are different from the Israeli-Palestinian crisis.

#. Zimbabwe's is one of economic collapse and political intimidation. This kind of political intimidation, where opponents are targeted and killed even happens in Nigeria (I ain't justifying it).
#. Darfur comes close because of its ethnic undertone, however, it is still fundamentally different.

The Israeli massacre is unique for the following reasons:
1. The most popular superpower is backing the perpetrator of mass murder - Israel. The US is neither supporting Mugabe nor al-Bashir.

2. Many Western nations are slow to condemn Israel because of Holocaust guilt, while in Zimbabwe and Darfur, Western powers like the US and the UK have clearly condemned the actions of the killers in Khartoum and the harassers in Harare.

3. The perpetrator, Israel, has a sophisticated propaganda machine to obscure the realities of their blood-thirsty campaign. Neither Sudan nor Zimbabwe can afford such a sophisticated propaganda machine.

4.  Beyond ethnic differences between Jews and Arabs, there is also a religious subtext to the massacre - killing Muslims is no big deal, after all they all terrorists! Hence, the crisis has both ethnic and religious undertones. Unfortunately, many of the supporters of the Zionist State in the US, see the crisis through the discolored lens of religion.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 23, 2009
RichyBlacK:

The crises in Zimbabwe and Darfur are horrendous but they are different from the Israeli-Palestinian crisis.

#. Zimbabwe's is one of economic collapse and political intimidation. This kind of political intimidation, where opponents are targeted and killed even happens in Nigeria (I ain't justifying it).
#. Darfur comes close because of its ethnic undertone, however, it is still fundamentally different.

The Israeli massacre is unique for the following reasons:
1. The most popular superpower is backing the perpetrator of mass murder - Israel. The US is neither supporting Mugabe nor al-Bashir.

2. Many Western nations are slow to condemn Israel because of Holocaust guilt, while in Zimbabwe and Darfur, Western powers like the US and the UK have clearly condemned the actions of the killers in Khartoum and the harassers in Harare.

3. The perpetrator, Israel, has a sophisticated propaganda machine to obscure the realities of their blood-thirsty campaign. Neither Sudan nor Zimbabwe can afford such a sophisticated propaganda machine.

4. Beyond ethnic differences between Jews and Arabs, there is also a religious subtext to the massacre - killing Muslims is no big deal, after all they all terrorists! Hence, the crisis has both ethnic and religious undertones. Unfortunately, many of the supporters of the Zionist State in the US, see the crisis through the discolored lens of religion.

you cant take this brainless goat serious at all. grin

He says 1300 people dead in Gaza is far worse than ethnic cleansing that has killed 300,000 and left millions homeless.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Sagamite(m): 12:01am On Jan 24, 2009
RichyBlack,

Don't mind the slowpoke called davidylan. He will even compare the killings in Gaza to mortality rates associated with free trade. undecided

Baseless comparisons.

That is how dumb he is.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 24, 2009
Sagamite:

RichyBlack,

Don't mind the slowpoke called davidylan. He will even compare the killings in Gaza to mortality rates associated with free trade.

Baseless comparisons.

That is how dumb he is.

We are not doing that, we are simply considering the silly and fraudulent use of language by you morons. If Gaza = genocide then Darfur = what? grin
foolish pple.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Sagamite(m): 12:18am On Jan 24, 2009
4 Play:

Why announce repeatedly that you are on the side of Israel instead of letting the facts speak for themselves?

slowpoke, my self-development is too advanced for any form of racial discrimination unlike you that think people should die because they are muslim Arabs you hate. Even though I am against the ideology their religion induces that does not mean I should hate all muslims.  

4 Play:

Objectivity? This self-contradicting dolt, if you are on the side of Israel, you are not objective anyway.
The eyewitness accounts of Israel's critics prove what?
Israel is not a signatory to the applicable treaty. There is no proof of it breaching the law, it can't actually breach a law it's not bound by. More importantly, there is no evidence of the supposed indiscriminate use of white phosphorous.

"More importantly, there is no evidence of the supposed indiscriminate use of white phosphorous."

slowpoke, if that is the case, so where is the evidence that Hamas is the one sending bombs into Israel? Even, where is the evidence that bombs are even being sent to Israel.

Moronic arguments.

4 Play:

Most Gazans are children, yet, Israel managed to keep casualties down to 35% of the total according to your figures. The female casualties were significantly lesser than the casualties for children and yet some dolt proclaims this is in breach of international law.

This is proof that Israel took great care. Given that its enemy constitutes less than 1% of the population, its as good a records as any major conflict on the planet. The Nigerian army managed to reach nearly that figure in 24 hours at Odi, I don't suppose the Nigerian army is as powerful as Israel's.
Dolt, so Israel's response to a barrage of rockets should be constrained because it makes elaborate efforts to protect its citizens? Supposedly, if Israel was a nation that didn't give a toss about protecting its citizens and, thus, many of its citizens were to die under the Hamas barrage, it will now be justified to escalate its response?

slowpoke, where is your evidence that female casualities are low? Please show me.

So Israel took great care? Great care in demolishing 4000 buildings and 20,000 damaged all in 3 weeks? Great care in destroying infrastructure for light and water, and peoples means of livelihood whilst also blockading all entry points.

How is that protecting your citizens, slowpoke? Is that not adding to the hate? Or you think I will let you live in peace when you send indiscriminate bombs that kills 2 of my kids, my wife, my mother, 4 of my cousins, and maims my remaining child?

slowpoke, where is the analogy with Odi? Or because killings took place in Odi then we should never criticise other killings? Fool, get a brain.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 24, 2009
Sagamite:

slowpoke, if that is the case, so where is the evidence that Hamas is the one sending bombs into Israel? Even, where is the evidence that bombs are even being sent to Israel.

the irony is that he has the balls to call someone else a slowpoke. undecided
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by 4Play(m): 12:42am On Jan 24, 2009
slowpoke, my self-development is too advanced for any form of racial discrimination unlike you that think people should die because they are muslim Arabs you hate. Even though I am against the ideology their religion induces that does not mean I should hate all muslims.

Bumpkin, obviously not too self developed to be spouting ''blood libel'' against Israel?

slowpoke, if that is the case, so where is the evidence that Hamas is the one sending bombs into Israel? Even, where is the evidence that bombs are even being sent to Israel.Moronic arguments.

Look at this boneheaded fraud. Is Israel bound by the Convention in question? No. Is there evidence of the indiscriminate use of white phosphorous as you allege? No

Evidence of Hamas' rockets is not derived solely from critics of Hamas. Idiot, can you see why your analogy is hopelessly crass?

slowpoke, where is your evidence that female casualities are low? Please show me.

Here is from a Dhimmi source, idiot: "So the latest figures for casualties are: Palestinian deaths -- 1,314 of whom 412 were children and a hundred were women'' [url]http://www.unmultimedia.org/radio/english/detail/67863.html
[/url]

So Israel took great care? Great care in demolishing 4000 buildings and 20,000 damages all in 3 weeks? Great care in destroying infrastructure for light and water.

You are a rabid slowpoke. 4,000 buildings in a place densely populated by 1.5m people, if there is a ratio of 18 people for each building in Gaza( extremely high) Gaza would have around 80,000 buildings. Maybe the example of Odi where only a police station and an Anglican church where reputedly the only buildings left is preferable to you, yet, I don't see you claiming Nigeria is guilty of war crimes.

You dolt stupidly proclaim that Israel bombs indiscriminately, yet indiscriminate bombing produced a casualty rate that has no resemblance to the general population .This is a conflict where the proportion of the children and women who make up the casualties is significantly lower than almost any war fought in living memory and this dolt is shouting himself hoarse about war crimes.

slowpoke, where is the analogy with Odi? Or because killings took place in Odi then we should never criticise other killings?

You are an slowpoke. If this Gaza conflict constitutes war crimes, then practically every party to every war ever fought is guilty of war crimes. You should learn to put things in perspective and Odi helps show rabid anti-Semites like you have no sense of perspective, actually, you have no sense at all.

Here is an article for you to read. We have been extremely generous to accept the UN figures, obtained from Gaza's Health Ministry run by Hamas, at face value.  

A doctor at Gaza's Shifa Hospital told the Gaza correspondent of the Italian daily Corriere della Sera that the number of Palestinians killed in Gaza during Operation Cast Lead might have been 500 or 600, mostly young men between the ages of 17 and 23, "drafted by Hamas, who sent them to the slaughter."

The doctor, who refused to identify himself out of fear for his life, also told the correspondent, Lorenzo Cremonesi: "It might have been like in Jenin in 2002. First they talked about 1,500 dead, and in the end it turned out to be only 54, among them 45 fighters."The doctor said he was surprised that aid groups, including Western ones, reported the numbers without confirming them.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1057960.html
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by olabowale(m): 4:13pm On Jan 24, 2009
@Morpheus24: « #1 on: January 22, 2009, 08:34 PM »

I will assume from your post that sooner or later the century of "their own medicine" of the Israeli will come. The muslims, I guarantee, by Allah will be merciful.

@davidylan
[Quote]
1. We need to get this out of the way first - Israel has carried out NO large scale massacre.
[/quote]

David, you are saying that it is not a Large scale massacre, compared to; Holocaust, and the likes, including Iraqi and Afghanistan wars. Interestingly, each committed by Christian societies, the white Arian tribe.

Arent you biased idiots tired of trotting out lies? How many people have died in the Iraq or Afghanistan wars? where those massacres too?

Sometimes you amaze me. Iwo omojebu yi. Ijebu people are kind natured. I wonder where you get your mean spirit. Definitely, you did not copy Jesus, either.

And because Sudanese on Sudanese massacre is going on, or black Zimbabwean elites on poor masses massacre is also on going, justifies the methodical ethnic cleansing of the jews over the subarab people known as palestinians? You defy every reason, my friend. I dont know what to say about your emotion.

Israelites come in every shape and color; 4play, davidylan, etc. Neither will be accepted even as much as the Ethiopian Phalasha have been accepted by the European jews.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Sagamite(m): 5:45am On Jul 15, 2009
More evidence keeps on pouring out about Isreal's abuses and highlighting 4 Play and davidylan's crap defence.

I said it right from time that whilst Hamas are Islamic Terrorists, Isreal is a State Terrorist and it does take some level of intelligence to not consume their pathetic propaganda that they take every care to avoid civilian casualties and intentionally firing on the UN when all evidence points otherwise.

Here are testimonies from Isreali soldiers backing up my allegations stated in Jan.

[size=18pt]Israel soldiers speak out on Gaza [/size]

Israeli soldiers have described the use of "permissive" rules of engagement that cost civilian lives during the recent military campaign in Gaza.

The troops said they had been urged to fire on any building or person that seemed suspicious and said civilians were sometimes used as human shields.

Breaking the Silence, a campaign group made up of Israeli soldiers, gathered the anonymous accounts.

Israel denies breaking the laws of war and dismissed the report as hearsay.

Breaking the Silence described most of the testimonies of soldiers who took part in Operation Cast Lead as "sober, regretful and shocked".

Many of the testimonies are in line with claims made by human-rights organisations that Israeli military action in Gaza was indiscriminate and disproportionate.

According to testimonies from the 14 conscripts and 12 reserve soldiers:

• Rules of engagement were either unclear or encouraged soldiers to do their utmost to protect their own lives whether or not Palestinian civilians were harmed.

Civilians were used as human shields, entering buildings ahead of soldiers

• Large swathes of homes and buildings were demolished. Accounts say that this was often done because the houses might be booby-trapped, or cover tunnels. Testimony mentioned a policy referred to as "the day after", whereby areas near the border where razed to make future military operations easier

• Many troops had a generally aggressive, ill-disciplined attitude

There was widespread vandalism of property of Palestinians

Soldiers firing at water tanks because they were bored, at a time of severe water shortages for Gazans

White phosphorus was used in civilian areas gratuitously and recklessly

Many of the soldiers said there had been very little direct engagement with Palestinian militants No wonder they killed 906 civilians (288 kids) out of the 1434 total killings angry angry angry angry

The report says Israeli troops and the people who justify their actions are "slid[ing] together down the moral slippery slope".

"This is an urgent call to Israeli society and its leaders to sober up and investigatekeep dreaming, we heard that regurgitated before anew the results of our actions," Breaking the Silence says.

Israeli officials insist troops went to great lengths to protect civilians, that Hamas endangered non-combatants by firing from civilian areas and that homes and buildings were destroyed only when there was a specific military need to do so. Crap for consumption of 4 Play and Davidylan

Israel said the purpose of the 22-day operation that ended on 18 January 2009 had been to end rocket fire from Gaza aimed at its southern towns.

Palestinian rights groups say about 1,400 Palestinians died during the operation. Thirteen Israelis died in the conflict, including 10 soldiers serving in Gaza.

According to the UN, the campaign damaged or destroyed more than 50,000 homes, 800 industrial properties, 200 schools, 39 mosques and two churches.

Investigations

Reacting to the report, Israeli military spokeswoman Lt Col Avital Leibovich said:

"The IDF regrets the fact that another human rights organisation has come out with a report based on anonymous and general testimony - without investigating their credibility."

She dismissed the document as "hearsay and word of mouth".

"The IDF expects every soldier to turn to the appropriate authorities with any allegation," Lt Col Leibovich added. "This is even more important where the harm is to non-combatants. The IDF has uncompromising ethical values which continue to guide us in every missionBleep off, feed that to Davidylan and 4 Play."

There have been several investigations into the conduct of Israel's operation in Gaza, and both Israel and Hamas, the Palestinian militant group that runs the territory, have faced accusations of war crimes.

An internal investigationsYeah right, na humus soup? by the Israeli military said troops fought lawfully, although errors did take place, such as the deaths of 21 people in a house that had been wrongly targeted.

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has requested more than $11m (£7m) in compensation from Israel for damage to UN property in Gaza. A limited UN inquiry blamed Israel in six out of nine attacks on UN facilities, resulting in casualties among civilians sheltering there.

Meanwhile, a fact-finding team commissioned by the Arab League concluded there was enough evidence to prosecute the Israeli military for war crimes and crimes against humanity, and that "the Israeli political leadership was also responsible for such crimes".

It also said Palestinian militants were guilty of war crimes in their use of indiscriminate rocket attacks on civilians.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Sagamite(m): 12:30am On Jul 20, 2009
More evidence keeps on pouring out about Isreal's abuses and highlighting 4 Play and davidylan's crap defence.

I said it right from time that whilst Hamas are Islamic Terrorists, Isreal is a State Terrorist and it does take some level of intelligence to not consume their pathetic propaganda that they take every care to avoid civilian casualties and intentionally firing on the UN when all evidence points otherwise.

Here are testimonies from Isreali soldiers backing up my allegations stated in Jan.

[size=18pt]Israel soldiers speak out on Gaza [/size]   

Israeli soldiers have described the use of "permissive" rules of engagement that cost civilian lives during the recent military campaign in Gaza.

The troops said they had been urged to fire on any building or person that seemed suspicious and said civilians were sometimes used as human shields.

Breaking the Silence, a campaign group made up of Israeli soldiers, gathered the anonymous accounts.

Israel denies breaking the laws of war and dismissed the report as hearsay.

Breaking the Silence described most of the testimonies of soldiers who took part in Operation Cast Lead as "sober, regretful and shocked".

Many of the testimonies are in line with claims made by human-rights organisations that Israeli military action in Gaza was indiscriminate and disproportionate.

According to testimonies from the 14 conscripts and 12 reserve soldiers:

• Rules of engagement were either unclear or encouraged soldiers to do their utmost to protect their own lives whether or not Palestinian civilians were harmed.

Civilians were used as human shields, entering buildings ahead of soldiers

• Large swathes of homes and buildings were demolished. Accounts say that this was often done because the houses might be booby-trapped, or cover tunnels. Testimony mentioned a policy referred to as "the day after", whereby areas near the border where razed to make future military operations easier

• Many troops had a generally aggressive, ill-disciplined attitude

There was widespread vandalism of property of Palestinians

• Soldiers firing at water tanks because they were bored, at a time of severe water shortages for Gazans

• White phosphorus was used in civilian areas gratuitously and recklessly

• Many of the soldiers said there had been very little direct engagement with Palestinian militants 
No wonder they killed 906 civilians (288 kids) out of the 1434 total killings     

The report says Israeli troops and the people who justify their actions are "slid[ing] together down the moral slippery slope".

"This is an urgent call to Israeli society and its leaders to sober up and investigate keep dreaming, we heard that regurgitated before anew the results of our actions," Breaking the Silence says.

Israeli officials insist troops went to great lengths to protect civilians, that Hamas endangered non-combatants by firing from civilian areas and that homes and buildings were destroyed only when there was a specific military need to do so. Crap for consumption of 4 Play and Davidylan

Israel said the purpose of the 22-day operation that ended on 18 January 2009 had been to end rocket fire from Gaza aimed at its southern towns.

Palestinian rights groups say about 1,400 Palestinians died during the operation. Thirteen Israelis died in the conflict, including 10 soldiers serving in Gaza.

According to the UN, the campaign damaged or destroyed more than 50,000 homes, 800 industrial properties, 200 schools, 39 mosques and two churches.

Investigations

Reacting to the report, Israeli military spokeswoman Lt Col Avital Leibovich said:

"The IDF regrets the fact that another human rights organisation has come out with a report based on anonymous and general testimony - without investigating their credibility."

She dismissed the document as "hearsay and word of mouth".

"The IDF expects every soldier to turn to the appropriate authorities with any allegation," Lt Col Leibovich added. "This is even more important where the harm is to non-combatants. The IDF has uncompromising ethical values which continue to guide us in every mission." Bleep off, feed that to Davidylan and 4 Play

There have been several investigations into the conduct of Israel's operation in Gaza, and both Israel and Hamas, the Palestinian militant group that runs the territory, have faced accusations of war crimes.

An internal investigations Yeah right, na humus soup? by the Israeli military said troops fought lawfully, although errors did take place, such as the deaths of 21 people in a house that had been wrongly targeted.

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has requested more than $11m (£7m) in compensation from Israel for damage to UN property in Gaza. A limited UN inquiry blamed Israel in six out of nine attacks on UN facilities, resulting in casualties among civilians sheltering there.

Meanwhile, a fact-finding team commissioned by the Arab League concluded there was enough evidence to prosecute the Israeli military for war crimes and crimes against humanity, and that "the Israeli political leadership was also responsible for such crimes".

It also said Palestinian militants were guilty of war crimes in their use of indiscriminate rocket attacks on civilians.

4 Play and davidylan, please stop arguing baselessly on something you are not well informed or have not well-researched on.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Tudor6(f): 5:55am On Jul 20, 2009
Are you a drunkard??
You hopelessly claw on any report so long as it supports your anti-semitic views, not minding how baseless, stupid and unfactual it looks.

Who were these soldiers breaking the silence presented?? What are their names, ranks, and stations?? How are we sure they are IDF men??
They just brought a bunch of faceless men claiming to be IDF soldiers and they committed atrocities. Only a slowpoke would believe their cheap public stunt.
If they had real evidence and testimony why don't they present it to the ICC or maybe sue the isreali government themselves?? Rather they claim not to have intentions to sue and just wanna highlight the wrongdoings of the IDF. How daft is that?!?
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Afam(m): 8:35am On Jul 20, 2009
Tudór:

If they had real evidence and testimony why don't they present it to the ICC or maybe sue the isreali government themselves?? Rather they claim not to have intentions to sue and just wanna highlight the wrongdoings of the IDF. How daft is that?!?

@Moderator,

You guys should consider banning people on this forum for gross display of stupidity and the level of intelligence being displayed here is becoming embarrassing for the users here. Little wonder this section is not as busy or useful as it used to be.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Tudor6(f): 9:06am On Jul 20, 2009
I'm not suprised. . . .
You expected this section to be a tool for you to spread your anti-western and anti-semitc hate. I've got bad news for ya. . .sensible people exist who don't swallow hate propaganda without reliable evidence to back them up. So mr afam nnaji go to your own website and spread your baseless lies!

Btw do you have a reasonable answer to issues i raised rather than cowardly calling me stupid and unintelligent in an attempt to side-step issues??
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Afam(m): 9:56am On Jul 20, 2009
Tudór:

Btw do you have a reasonable answer to issues i raised rather than cowardly calling me stupid and unintelligent in an attempt to side-step issues??

I don't respond to idiots who insult people for having opposing positions on issues. When you learn to agree or disagree with people without the insults you throw about when you find yourself in a tight corner I will respond to any questions you may have.

I may not have the right answers to your questions but I will always respond to them but certainly not to anyone that cannot finish a sentence without insulting another simply because he/she disagrees with the person.

This is common with quite a number of Nigerians and it is a shame, real shame.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Tudor6(f): 10:16am On Jul 20, 2009
Afam:

I don't respond to idiots who insult people for having opposing positions on issues. When you learn to agree or disagree with people without the insults you throw about when you find yourself in a tight corner I will respond to any questions you may have.

I may not have the right answers to your questions but I will always respond to them but certainly not to anyone that cannot finish a sentence without insulting another simply because he/she disagrees with the person.

This is common with quite a number of Nigerians and it is a shame, real shame.
What's this rubbish you've written??
I take it you don't have a sensible answer to issues raised. . .don't be ashamed, not everyone was born with a brain.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Afam(m): 10:22am On Jul 20, 2009
Tudór:

What's this rubbish you've written??
I take it you don't have a sensible answer to issues raised. . .don't be ashamed, not everyone was born with a brain.

The rubbish I have written is this - I will not entertain any questions from anyone that prefers to insult others when he/she is incapable of defending a position, simple as ABC.

That it may have been working for you all your life doesn't mean that I will tolerate it even for one second.

Using insults to win an argument remains a backward and unsuccessful strategy. Learn to use facts, truth, logic and common sense when debating with people especially on a public forum like this one.

I can answer any question you ask and if I don't know the answer I will state so, I won't be flogged for not knowing the answer to a question. But to be insulted by an idiot simply because he disagrees with my position and expect not to be responded to in kind? Never.

Bring the insults, I will respond to them accordingly as usual.
Re: Israel Admits Its Lies In The Killing Of Palestines. by Tudor6(f): 11:21am On Jul 20, 2009
Afam:

The rubbish I have written is this - I will not entertain any questions from anyone that prefers to insult others when he/she is incapable of defending a position, simple as ABC.

That it may have been working for you all your life doesn't mean that I will tolerate it even for one second.

Using insults to win an argument remains a backward and unsuccessful strategy. Learn to use facts, truth, logic and common sense when debating with people especially on a public forum like this one.

I can answer any question you ask and if I don't know the answer I will state so, I won't be flogged for not knowing the answer to a question. But to be insulted by an idiot simply because he disagrees with my position and expect not to be responded to in kind? Never.

Bring the insults, I will respond to them accordingly as usual.
What the hell is this crap??
Simple questions i asked and you're ranting. . .
You high on something??
Learn to use facts, truth, logic and common sense when debating with people
This is a valuable tip for you. . It's not enough for you to just dumbly copy it from someplace so you can look smart by posting it on NL, apply it to your life!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Pray For Somalia / Brics Nations Threaten IMF Funding / Israel Deploys World’s Toughest All-female ‘Cheetah Battalion’ On Secret Op

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.