Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Winner Declared: What Next? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Winner Declared: What Next? (691 Views)

Profile Uche Sampson Ogah, Abia Newly Declared Governor / Jubilation In Osun As Aregbesola Is Declared Winner Today (Photos) / Aregbesola Declared Winner By Election Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Winner Declared: What Next? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 31, 2015
Once the winner is officially declared.
1. Avoid street arguments with opposition supporters (PDP or APC). Some of you would be drawn into potentially deadly brawl over senseless arguments and opinions. Motor parks, marketplaces, commercial buses flashpoints after every heated election. You could be mobbed just like that! Get sense!

2. Resist the temptation of unorganized protests. Unorganized protests are usually pocket-sized and risky. Expect the police or even street cultists to pull the trigger unprovoked. Such protests only produce more loss for the protesters. It's pretty easy for the police to victimise you in this circumstance. If you feel so aggrieved, look for a sizeable recognised group of lawful identity. I don't want you to blame the devil later!!!!

3. Don't start a fight! Some drunk and high youth would provoke others by any means after the winner is declared. Mockery, tribal chants, irritating jokes would all be loudly heralded at different spots. Comport yourself! Remember that arms are on the loose. Expect more gunfights than fistfights. Do you have a gun? Shut up and walk away!

4. Wild celebrations. Avoid large gatherings of election victory celebration at all cost. I'm not a pessimist, I'm simply preaching precaution. Desperate dissatisfied losers would do anything to leave their election beaters with painful scars. You can avoid being a victim by staying away from revelries. Your life is worth more than a bottle of beer!

5. Don't fly your party colours in opposition strongholds. I perceive foolish suicide. Don't you have other shirts to wear? Blame your foolishness if you are killed, or by luck simply beaten, in an opposition stronghold for wearing something affiliated to political party. Smart up folks!

6. Needless night walks should be restricted. If you have nothing important for which to stay out into the night, you are alone. Secure yourself for now. This is jungle time, you watch your own back.

7. Don't engage your boss if he doesn't subscribe to your political inclination. You could get on left side of your workplace superior while trying to counter his/her views. I smell bad belle and turbulence gathering around your head. Please don't try to prove that you are politically smarter than him/her. Work nor plenty again o!

8. Learn from my friend. His political views sharply contrast his fiancé's. They almost destroyed their love relationship that is very near marriage over political differences. I quickly brokered peace and asked my guy not to talk politics with her anymore. Thank GOD, peace has returned. Let your views stay in your heart if she/he disagrees. Don't spoil that near-marriage or even marriage relationship because of some opinions that don't add up to your love bank for each other. Politics could be very divisive and toxic. I and my dad don't completely share the same political thoughts but we've learnt to respect the opinions of each other. Election ends, family continues!

1 Like

Re: Winner Declared: What Next? by ardeks(m): 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2015
Nice one, boss.

1 Like

Re: Winner Declared: What Next? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
ardeks:
Nice one, boss.

Thanks, master.
Re: Winner Declared: What Next? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 31, 2015
Read your way to wisdom and safety.

(1) (Reply)

Wike Will Be Paying Patience Jonathan N1bn Monthly If He Wins / . / WORLD CONQUEST THROUGH WORLD JEWISH GOVERNMENT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.