Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,954 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Runners In The House? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Runners In The House? (1839 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Runners In The House? by Bhola(f): 2:01am On Sep 05, 2006
Got runners in the house? Ok, I am lazy and I don't have any stamina and I need it for December (some peeps here know why) wink. Though I look lean and mean, I am the most unfit person. So I have decided to start running. The problem is, I don't know which running shoe to get. I have about 200usd to spend on running gears. So, Landers, kindly advice on what to get, mostly shoes.

Thanks in advance.  kiss
Re: Runners In The House? by edygirl(f): 2:31am On Sep 05, 2006
Go to the sports authority store. They will definitely direct you on which running shoes to buy.
Re: Runners In The House? by mochafella(m): 2:52am On Sep 05, 2006
If its casual running, 20-30 mins, 2-3 times a week, a regular pair of running shoes will be fine provided you don't have any special foot needs. If you have a high arch or flat foot then your shoe requirements will change.

Ensure that the shoe hugs your heel and that you have at least 1/2 inch of space btw your longest toe and the front of the shoe. Make sure your foot arch is properly supported. Extra cushioning is helpful if you plan to run on the street vs a threadmill.

Ignore fashion if that's possible cheesy. The best shoes are not always good looking. The lighter the shoe the better but it must fit properly. And before you start each run, warm up especially your calves and thighs. You might need back strengthning exercises too.

I would have spoken about sport bras but I don't use one grin. Good luck
Re: Runners In The House? by Bhola(f): 3:13am On Sep 05, 2006
Edygirl, thanks.

Mochafella, thanks. I think I have regular feet. Nothing special. As per fashion, a sista got to look fly at any time of the day, even when running. I can't ignore fashion.  cheesy.

Though, I plan to run outdoor when the weather permits and on the threadmill, during winter. Do I need to get two kinds then?

Sport bra hmmm, no comment. Don't have big ones, so I will just get regular ones. Thanks all the same.
Re: Runners In The House? by mochafella(m): 3:38am On Sep 05, 2006
Bhola:

As per fashion, a sista got to look fly at any time of the day, even when running. I can't ignore fashion. cheesy.
Ahh, now I understand why we want to start running grin

Bhola:

Though, I plan to run outdoor when the weather permits and on the threadmill, during winter. Do I need to get two kinds then?
Nah, one pair is fine, with extra cushioning if possible because of the street.

Bhola:

Sport bra hmmm, no comment. Don't have big ones, so I will just get regular ones.
np, as long as it doesn't kill your back.
Re: Runners In The House? by Bhola(f): 3:42am On Sep 05, 2006
Actually this is the reason why I need to start running:
Bhola:

Ok, I am lazy and I don't have any stamina and I need it for December (some peeps here know why) wink.

Appreciate your input. So how long have you been running?
Re: Runners In The House? by mochafella(m): 3:50am On Sep 05, 2006
Bhola:

Appreciate your input. So how long have you been running?

About 9 mths now, being on and off for a couple of yrs.

What's happening in December? you need to fit into a wedding dress or something? cheesy
Re: Runners In The House? by Bhola(f): 3:57am On Sep 05, 2006
Very funny. Won't be needing a wedding dress for another ten years. In case you missed it, I am lean and mean. You wan see proof? cheesy I need stamina, that's it.
Re: Runners In The House? by mochafella(m): 4:05am On Sep 05, 2006
Bhola:

Very funny. Won't be needing a wedding dress for another ten years. In case you missed it, I am lean and mean. You wan see proof? cheesy I need stamina, that's it.

Hmm, why December? I guess it was a resolution for 2006. Not sure about the proof, u might put up someoneelse's picture. Ten yrs, nah wa ooo, are you in high school or something? tongue.
Re: Runners In The House? by Bhola(f): 4:10am On Sep 05, 2006
Lol, very funny. High school? I no even remember high school. It's been ages.

No let me beat you o. I need stamina for December, QED. I no wan elaborate jo. cheesy

I go show you proof.
Re: Runners In The House? by mochafella(m): 4:21am On Sep 05, 2006
Bhola:

Lol, very funny. High school? I no even remember high school. It's been ages.

Why ten yrs then? most women start tapping their feet the moment they leave college
Re: Runners In The House? by Bhola(f): 4:23am On Sep 05, 2006
Most women. But I don't fall into that category. I am Bola, one of the exceptions. Marriage, not my thing. Had a post on why I don't want to get married sef grin.
Re: Runners In The House? by aloib(f): 4:27am On Sep 05, 2006
oh god make bhola fat and make me thin plsssssssss
Re: Runners In The House? by Bhola(f): 4:32am On Sep 05, 2006
Biola, very funny. Oh God, make everybody around Biola fat. All her friends. Make them weigh 100kg. Amin ase.

If it is any consolation, I gained 25 pounds this year. Hope that helps, Aloib?
Re: Runners In The House? by aloib(f): 4:34am On Sep 05, 2006
hahaha well same for me, i gained so much weight, ewwwwwwwww and people around me are so thinnnn, choi,
Re: Runners In The House? by Bhola(f): 4:36am On Sep 05, 2006
Ok, do you do any exercise? It is not about the weight, it is really about being fit. If you don't exercise, then make me and you, have a deal. We go begin run three times in a week and keep an exercise journal. Deal?
Re: Runners In The House? by aloib(f): 4:39am On Sep 05, 2006
run ke,,,hahaha i go to the gym like 3 times a week and i take this crazy walk up one steep hill once in a week. sha i'm on sem break plan to start playing badminton wen i resume school, mi o le sare o, lai lai, oya show me ur picture, ill post mine too
Re: Runners In The House? by Bhola(f): 4:41am On Sep 05, 2006
Check my profile.

See you sef, you don dey exercise. Big ups to you for that. Ok, make we continue the prayer then. cheesy
Re: Runners In The House? by aloib(f): 4:58am On Sep 05, 2006
hahaha god make me thin like u amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: Runners In The House? by Bhola(f): 5:01am On Sep 05, 2006
Ok Biola, you promised me your picture o. No do ojoro for me o. cheesy
Re: Runners In The House? by aloib(f): 5:17am On Sep 05, 2006
i don wait o, wen next ure online jere
Re: Runners In The House? by aloib(f): 5:18am On Sep 05, 2006
see my stomach shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Runners In The House? by mochafella(m): 5:21am On Sep 05, 2006
aloib:

see my stomach shocked shocked shocked shocked

yes I agree it needs to go. grin grin grin
Re: Runners In The House? by aloib(f): 5:25am On Sep 05, 2006
mochafella, are u bhola angry angry angry
Re: Runners In The House? by mochafella(m): 5:30am On Sep 05, 2006
aloib:

mochafella, are u bhola angry angry angry

Wetin, I no fit look again grin
Re: Runners In The House? by aloib(f): 5:32am On Sep 05, 2006
its not for ur eyes angry angry grin grin, l, lol and even if u looked, must u comment hiss, cheesy grin
Re: Runners In The House? by mochafella(m): 5:35am On Sep 05, 2006
aloib:

its not for your eyes angry angry grin grin, l, lol and even if u looked, must u comment hiss, cheesy grin

Why u come remove am now? ndo, sorry, enh. Chei, I don die. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Runners In The House? by aloib(f): 5:36am On Sep 05, 2006
hahah for reals wasnt even cos of u, planned to remove it imm she saw it, but she aint even online, are u from edo?
Re: Runners In The House? by Bhola(f): 12:32pm On Sep 05, 2006
Yayyyyyy, I am online now. For about five minutes, before I run comot. How you doing today, Biola? Wetin time talk for una end sef?

Make me see picture o.
Re: Runners In The House? by clocky(m): 2:29pm On Sep 05, 2006
aliob na ugly girl o grin
Re: Runners In The House? by Bhola(f): 11:26pm On Sep 05, 2006
Which kin horrible thing you get for your profile, clocky? That is nasty o.

Biola no mind am jo. Me I am sure you are pretty, cos we are all wonderfully and beautifully made! smiley
Re: Runners In The House? by clocky(m): 11:54am On Sep 06, 2006
Bhola i was just joking o.
aliob is a very very cute girl o . if u see am u sef go jealous . she looks like an angel.

@aliob i go collect money for this marking wey i just do o wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dead And Disabled Nigerian Children Used As Guinea Pigs In Pfizer's Experiment / Seven Bizarre Skin Conditions / FUOYE: And This Happened In My School Yesterday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.