Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,726 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

My Laptop Screen Show Irregular Discolored Vertical Stripes - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Laptop Screen Show Irregular Discolored Vertical Stripes (3893 Views)

How Long Will 1gb Last If Am Using It To Watch Youtube Video On My Laptop? / Replace Your Damaged Or Broken Laptop Screen Here At Cheap Price / Please Help,my Laptop Just Showed A Big Black Vertical Rectangle On The Screen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Laptop Screen Show Irregular Discolored Vertical Stripes by Nazacent: 8:29am On Apr 01, 2015
It's a hp pavillion Dv6. The screen shows a set of stripes, vertically and a green blur background and I had to press the on button twice before it butts, but other things functions well. Please what do I do?

Re: My Laptop Screen Show Irregular Discolored Vertical Stripes by horllamy(m): 12:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
it may be d screen or vga if u want to do it i can help on it dis is my contact 08139462401 living at lagos
Re: My Laptop Screen Show Irregular Discolored Vertical Stripes by Nazacent: 1:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
horllamy:
it may be d screen or vga if u want to do it i can help on it dis is my contact 08139462401 living at lagos

it is so unfortunate I don't stay in lag, I stay in abj.
Re: My Laptop Screen Show Irregular Discolored Vertical Stripes by horllamy(m): 2:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
Nazacent:
it is so unfortunate I don't stay in lag, I stay in abj.

so what are u going to do nw
Re: My Laptop Screen Show Irregular Discolored Vertical Stripes by Nazacent: 2:59pm On Apr 01, 2015
horllamy:

so what are u going to do nw
please just tell me what to do if its a minor problem or the pay if am to fix it
Re: My Laptop Screen Show Irregular Discolored Vertical Stripes by Ace119(m): 9:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
Attach it to an external monitor bro and see the image still appear that way on the ext monitor
Re: My Laptop Screen Show Irregular Discolored Vertical Stripes by Nazacent: 2:18pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ace119:
Attach it to an external monitor bro and see the image still appear that way on the ext monitor
It didn't appear its normal with the external screen! Wot do I do?
Re: My Laptop Screen Show Irregular Discolored Vertical Stripes by bedfordng(m): 3:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
it appears the screen is damaged.you will have to buy new screen.it doesn't have to be new because some engineers may try to outsmart you.they can get you screen from faulty/fairly used ones.just act like you know what you want.tell the engineer to get you a screen that is same size with yours.it doesn't have to be from the same laptop because that is what most engineers will tell you to trick you into falling for their scheme saying they can't find the same laptop screen in the market and due to that, they will ask you to pay more.so act smart when buying.
Re: My Laptop Screen Show Irregular Discolored Vertical Stripes by Ace119(m): 6:08pm On Apr 14, 2015
Nazacent:

It didn't appear its normal with the external screen! Wot do I do?
bro do u know how to open a laptop?
Re: My Laptop Screen Show Irregular Discolored Vertical Stripes by Ace119(m): 6:10pm On Apr 14, 2015
bedfordng:
it appears the screen is damaged.you will have to buy new screen.it doesn't have to be new because some engineers may try to outsmart you.they can get you screen from faulty/fairly used ones.just act like you know what you want.tell the engineer to get you a screen that is same size with yours.it doesn't have to be from the same laptop because that is what most engineers will tell you to trick you into falling for their scheme saying they can't find the same laptop screen in the market and due to that, they will ask you to pay more.so act smart when buying.
its probably the signal cable or the monitor cable...re seating the cables might fix it...
Re: My Laptop Screen Show Irregular Discolored Vertical Stripes by Nazacent: 9:35pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ace119:
bro do u know how to open a laptop?
I could give it a try, but never done it before
Re: My Laptop Screen Show Irregular Discolored Vertical Stripes by Ace119(m): 10:15pm On Apr 14, 2015
Nazacent:

I could give it a try, but never done it before
open the screen, look behind it, you'll see a cable that is attached to the back of the screen...just gently detach it and reseat it..make sure it is aligned properly...that should fix it......but
I strongly recommend u take the laptop to a qualified tech
Re: My Laptop Screen Show Irregular Discolored Vertical Stripes by Ace119(m): 10:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
Something like this

Re: My Laptop Screen Show Irregular Discolored Vertical Stripes by Ace119(m): 10:20pm On Apr 14, 2015
Good luck
Re: My Laptop Screen Show Irregular Discolored Vertical Stripes by Nazacent: 10:24pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ace119:
Good luck
tanx bro I really appreciate ur effort. I tink I ll take to a tech
Re: My Laptop Screen Show Irregular Discolored Vertical Stripes by Ace119(m): 10:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
Nazacent:
tanx bro I really appreciate ur effort. I tink I ll take to a tech
wise choice...you're welcome

(1) (Reply)

Google Talk (Gtalk) Is Down / SOLD SOLD... FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.. Brand New Hp Laptop For Give Away Price / Which is Better:The Pentium or the AMD?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.