Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Like GEJ like Ironsi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Like GEJ like Ironsi (495 Views)

The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them / Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death / The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Like GEJ like Ironsi by cocoduck: 9:24am On Apr 01, 2015
Gej must take some of the blames,
He focused way way way too much on the wrong people, he took all the development to the north thinking that they will accept him as their own, well he is very wrong. I say this because as we went to vote I had a hard time trying to convince people to stay and vote him but they would not listen to me, look the awusa is voting their own to power so they feel they should vote for him after he is their brother, look if all the registered voters had voted in the South east definitely GEJ would have won, but unfortunately when people came out to vote for him they did it just because they loved him but on getting there they were disenfranchised by very little glitches and they decided to leave, I personally had to beg some of my brothers and friends to stay and vote but majority would not listen to me because they felt they will not get anything from either Buhari nor GEJ so to them the best thing was to leave.
In stark contrast, in the north, they even voted deep into the night, because Buhari is their brother, so if GEJ had actually done half of what he did for awusa people for Igbos and the various SS people, they equally would have waited it out and gej would have been the winner. In all the southeast states, there were a huge number of registered voters but a low number of accredited voters.
Morale of the story is this, Politics in Africa is still very local, START AND FINISH IN YOUR HOME BASE, we had the big populations but many just left because they were not convinced.
Re: Like GEJ like Ironsi by Igwe9(m): 9:39am On Apr 01, 2015
you are right my dear, He did nothing for us. Meanwhile, if GMB performs well, we will vote for him next time. It is not where the person is from to me but what the person brings to the table.
People acted based on GMB past, proving us otherwise is a win win situation.
Re: Like GEJ like Ironsi by cocoduck: 9:47am On Apr 01, 2015
Igwe9:
you are right my dear, He did nothing for us. Meanwhile, if GMB performs well, we will vote for him next time. It is not where the person is from to me but what the person brings to the table.
People acted based on GMB past, proving us otherwise is a win win situation.

Thanks for the reply, I hope for the best from him [size=19pt]but I expect the WORST[/size].

(1) (Reply)

Buhari 10 Commandment. / "ASUU"begs Buhari Promise Not To Request Again / What Do You Expect From General Buhari As President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.